Anyone with HFI-2400 ?
Oct 10, 2010 at 12:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Orky261

100+ Head-Fier
I'm going to buy a new headphone and I've decided I'll buy HFI-2400 but there's a lack of review on the internet, especially from the users, I want to know other people's experience with it, and what good amp should I use ? I'm going with no amp for now because I already spend too much lately but eventually I'll buy 1 for sure. thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Nov 3, 2010 at 3:41 AM Post #5 of 17
I've also been looking at the HFI 2400 to use unamped, that or the Beyerdynamic DT 990 32 ohm, and you're definitely right about there not being many reviews. I found 3 decent ones on internet sites, but none were in-depth or talked about the sound in depth. I have contacted a few people on the forum through PMs, and they report that they work great unamped, but are amazing with an amp.

I'm trying to avoid ever buying an amp to keep my life simple, but when I was looking at amps, the Schiit Asgard was on my mind for a while. Great price-performance, designed to work well with low-impedance headphones like the HFi 2400, and killer looks, if you can take a little heat.

Good luck with your search.

Nov 5, 2010 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 17
You guys might want to wait a bit. My cousin got a pair of HFI-2400s for his birthday three days ago and will let me test them out before I sell them for him (needs money for college books).

I should get the pair in my hands by monday the 8th. And will probably sell them at a discounted price here at head-fi after reviewing them and comparing them to my other headphones (m50s, hd280s, dt770s, and proline2500s).

dt880smile.png

Nov 5, 2010 at 2:08 AM Post #10 of 17
AWESOME. Please please please post detailed impressions/comparisons and all that. Head-fi needs at least one HFI-2400 thread!

Oh and if you could post how it performs straight from an ipod or mp3 player, I'd really appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back