Anyone interested in an NZ meet?
Feb 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #61 of 75
Hi Guys

there is a possibility of a high-end headphone and digital source expo in Auckland later this year (2010). Grado PS1000, Ultrasone Edition 8, maybe HD800 along with some digital source to match.

Will keep you posted.

May 19, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #64 of 75
I am back from India after a long vacation.Organized the first head-fi India meet :).Will NZ meet happen any time ??

Oct 25, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #65 of 75
I am keen to be involved in a Head-Fi meet in Auckland.

How about the first week of January 2011?

I am happy to help with organising it if people are interested?

Regards

Macrog

Dec 15, 2010 at 5:53 PM Post #66 of 75
Hi guys,

Good to see so many Kiwis on here. I'm in Christchurch so couldn't make the Aukland meet sorry, but if there was ever a meet down here I'd be interested and I'd happily offer up my flat. I'm currently limited on gears, ATH-M50 headphones, AMB Mini^3 amp, GrubDAC, sansa clip+ and a loads of music but I've currently got a few projects on the go including some wooden HPs using HD650 drivers that I hope to have finished by then end of Jan.

Cheers,
James

Jun 20, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #67 of 75
Hiya,
Newcomer here, forgive me for hijacking an old thread...
Would anybodies in NZ be interested in meeting sometime in the not too distant future. I am interested in listening to some more headphones and amps and talking gear and such. I have some K701's and LCD-2's  but I'd love to listen to some HifiMans and some Grados and if anyone has a stax system I'd be very keen. But it's be fun just to meet people whatever the gear. 
I can travel anywhere in NZ so long as a few people are interested. Cheers!

Sep 5, 2011 at 2:06 AM Post #68 of 75
Im very new to being an audiophile, but id be keen to meet like minded people, and very keen to hear some 'full setups'.
Currently listening to my grado sr80i powered either from my PCs sound card or my Clip+, also have a freshly built CMOY.
plan to buy a desktop amp and dac so would be great to hear some higher end gear in person.

I live in wellington, so im biased towards it as the location, but I could always travel a bit (train/ferry/bus) to get there if there was enough interest in another location.

Just out of interest, how did the other meet ups go? (I presume they went ahead).

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #70 of 75
I'm from Auckland. Would be keen on a meetup of some sort to hear different gear combos. I've only really heard the (limited) number of headphones I've owned so would be really interesting hearing differences between amps/dacs/hps. Especially keen to hear some hd800's as compared to my 650's.

Jul 28, 2012 at 9:40 PM Post #71 of 75
I'm from Auckland. Would be keen on a meetup of some sort to hear different gear combos. I've only really heard the (limited) number of headphones I've owned so would be really interesting hearing differences between amps/dacs/hps. Especially keen to hear some hd800's as compared to my 650's.

Yes. I would be interested in trying out some DAC as I am currently searching for the perfect dac for my system. Time will be a problem for me, I will only be free during thecsemester break.

Jul 28, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #72 of 75
Cool, unfortunately all I can contribute is an Apogee Duet 2 and HD650's but you're welcome to have a listen to both of those. I notice you have hd800's... :)

Jul 29, 2012 at 1:39 AM Post #73 of 75
I'm keen. I can bring a couple of pairs of balanced HD800s, balanced AKG702s, A couple of A-g Reference 7.1 DACs, A Reference 7HE DAC and a NFB7.1 DAC and Amps. My Stax SR009s should be here shortly.

Auckland would suit me well. I'm in the Waikato so not too long a drive.

Regards

Macrog

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #74 of 75
I'm keen. I can bring a couple of pairs of balanced HD800s, balanced AKG702s, A couple of A-g Reference 7.1 DACs, A Reference 7HE DAC and a NFB7.1 DAC and Amps. My Stax SR009s should be here shortly.

Auckland would suit me well. I'm in the Waikato so not too long a drive.

Regards

Macrog

Wow! Some mean gear you have there. Would love to test out the stax. I can bring my HD800, TH900 and S7 amp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back