Goooogle
All Head-Fi members listed under NZ
smily_headphones1.gif

I'll start advertising via PM when I get back from Taupo next week

Nov 9, 2009 at 8:53 AM Post #18 of 75
I would be interested, but im in auckland and don't get much time off work
frown.gif

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:17 PM Post #20 of 75
Wut... Why haven't I heard of this before now?
confused_face(1).gif

Anyway, yeah I'm in. I could bring all my equipment. If anyone has some 'stats which need a driver unit, I could bring that too.

I'm going to be in Auckland from 13th to 17th January for Big Day Out (woo!), so if it's going to be in Auckland it'd be nice if it coincided with that.

Hmmm... I was talking to chinesekiwi about organizing a meet in Christchurch and renting out one of those rooms at the upper riccarton library (which I think may be free) a while back, but then exams happened and I forgot about it.

Probably makes more sense for it to be up north since I think most NZ'ers are up there?

Nov 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #22 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's about time, Fraser. I like the South Islan idea, actually. Do we three have the most equiptment in NZ? that might be an argument for having it here.
biggrin.gif

I do believe we do, unless there's some other lurker out there with more. And I have (afaik) the only HF2's in New Zealand, which is definitely worth something
biggrin.gif

It depends how many people from up north are willing to travel down here for the meet... Otherwise it'd be pretty small.

Edit:
"Community Meeting Room, capacity: 40 people, datashow projector installed, electronic whiteboard, tables and chairs available, no kitchen facilities, however a water cooler is available. Free for non-profit groups, $15 per hour for profit groups or for groups charging for attendance."

Sounds good. Anyone who has been to this library knows its a very nice place. The meeting room is nicely furnished with plenty of surfaces to place gear on. And it's free.

Could be an option.

Nov 24, 2009 at 11:22 PM Post #23 of 75
I reckon Christchurch is a good place as any. I have a few decent headphones, and sets of pretty close ones: ESW9/10 and SR325i/MS2i which might be of interest. I've got some portable amps too (2Move, D10), as well as a Perreaux SHX1. I can bring my HD580 and people can swap to HD600 grills and/or HD650 cable to discern alleged sonic differences. With Fraser's HF2, we can compare the lower end Grados to this beaut. Will be heaps of fun, I think.

So, who's game for Christchurch?

Nov 27, 2009 at 3:21 AM Post #27 of 75
They had either the SHX1 or the SHX2 (it was a Perrraux headphone amp of some kind at any rate) at the store I got my 701s from here in Wellington. They wanted $1000 for it new though.

What did your one set you back?

Also I may have got one of my friends interested in the meet

Nov 27, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #30 of 75
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathanjong /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cool beans! That's 3 for Christchurch. Can someone tell chinesekiwi?

I pm'd him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back