Anyone here only own 1 pair of headphones? How are you holding up?
Nov 18, 2012 at 10:46 AM Post #91 of 117
V6, Koss ProDJ100 (TBSE), Portapros. 

I wish I could own one headphone from every company... lol.

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:47 AM Post #92 of 117
Quote:

NO, just a demonstration of enjoying verity which is a personal preference.  That's all..  If it's madness, that's just of ones opinion.  Nothing more, nothing less.

If you know what you want, there is no way you are going to utilize the full potential of more than few pairs of headphones...

Nov 18, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #93 of 117
Quote:
Fatigue. I am thinking about picking it back up for 1 last try, but I'm undecided. The LCD-3 IMO, punches very close to the HD800.
And I've wanted a Paradox for a long time now. Hence why I may sell all but the LCD-3.

And it'll probably be asked. The HE-6 is very good, technically superior to the LCD-3. But I don't enjoy it nearly as much.

I was only asking about HD800 as they are, from the technical point of view, going to offer you what you are possibly not getting from Audezes - large soundstage, imaging and extreme detail... HE-6 is very good but from the technical point of view, HD800 are better.

To be honest, I am quite suspicious about LCD-3... I am not going to say that they are not excellent but they for sure measure worse than both HD800 and LCD-2 rev2 - impulse response (speed/clarity), %THD+noise (transparency/control), 300 Hz wave (about the same as LCD-2 rev2, worse than HD800 = imaging, separation, spatial interpretation most probably).

LCD-3 offer more treble from 10 khz which is why they should feel more airy... Also, they have a bit emphasised bass along with decrease in lowest frequencies (=perception of tightness/definition over LCD-2 rev2) But I strongly doubt there would be any real difference if you match both LCD-2 rev2 and LCD-3 in their FR graphs by EQing. LCD-3 are absolutely not worth 1000USD extra if real performance is what you seek for.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #94 of 117
Quote:

If you know what you want, there is no way you are going to utilize the full potential of more than few pairs of headphones...

I do no what I want.  And that is verity.  Again, this is my personal preference, is there something wrong with that?

This is as far from the truth as can be.  I get the full potential and use of each and every pair I put on my head.   Speak for yourself and not me. Thank you..

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #95 of 117
Quote:

I do no what I want.  And that is verity.  Again, this is my personal preference, is there something wrong with that?

This is as far from the truth as can be.  I get the full potential and use of each and every pair I put on my head.   Speak for yourself and not me. Thank you..

If you sure enough, great.

"This thread is crazy.  You all are crazy.  How can you get down to only 1 "CAN".    This thread is Head Fi purgatory.   I have to get outta here.  I just can't believe it..  "

Is there something wrong with that?

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:06 AM Post #96 of 117
Quote:

If you sure enough, great.

"This thread is crazy.  You all are crazy.  How can you get down to only 1 "CAN".    This thread is Head Fi purgatory.   I have to get outta here.  I just can't believe it..  "

Is there something wrong with that?

Really Man...

You seem to left out the last part of my post - why is that?  You can clearly see I was joking.  Or maybe you can't.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #98 of 117
Quote:

Really Man...

You seem to left out the last part of my post - why is that?  You can clearly see I was joking.  Or maybe you can't.

I can't, correct. 
wink.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #99 of 117
Owned Several Mid-Tier sets over the years but sold them all off.   Only kept my Wonderful Denon AHD-1000's.  Been using them since the day the came out and haven't turned back.
Thinking about buying another pair of DT770's or Denon AHD 2000's.  I'd Hate to pay over $350 for the Denons, as I bought my first pair for $202 way back.

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:56 AM Post #100 of 117
Quote:

I was only asking about HD800 as they are, from the technical point of view, going to offer you what you are possibly not getting from Audezes - large soundstage, imaging and extreme detail... HE-6 is very good but from the technical point of view, HD800 are better.

To be honest, I am quite suspicious about LCD-3... I am not going to say that they are not excellent but they for sure measure worse than both HD800 and LCD-2 rev2 - impulse response (speed/clarity), %THD+noise (transparency/control), 300 Hz wave (about the same as LCD-2 rev2, worse than HD800 = imaging, separation, spatial interpretation most probably).

LCD-3 offer more treble from 10 khz which is why they should feel more airy... Also, they have a bit emphasised bass along with decrease in lowest frequencies (=perception of tightness/definition over LCD-2 rev2) But I strongly doubt there would be any real difference if you match both LCD-2 rev2 and LCD-3 in their FR graphs by EQing. LCD-3 are absolutely not worth 1000USD extra if real performance is what you seek for.

I feel the LCD-3 is pretty on par with the HD800 technically. Without the expansive soundstage or as much details. It's much more natural on the LCD-3's
all through the spectrum.

The HE-6 right now give me a comparative technicality of  the HD800. Big soundstage/details, etc.

I do not subscribe to measurements for my musical enjoyment. 

And to say one is better than the other is wrong. As showed each headphone measures better than the other in different instances, different pairs of cans, etc.
So you can't say it conclusively.
You might get an HD800 that measures better or worse than an HE-6, vice versa. So those graphs aren't meaningful to me.

No headphone is worth their money these days. Look at what the Mad Dog is capable of. Then look at the prices of each top dynamic or ortho.
$1k+ is stupid, but we pay for it. And if you don't think they're worth it, don't buy 'em.

IMO, there's really no true better or worse headphone. Just different presentations, yadda yadda.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:17 PM Post #101 of 117
I started with the SR60 years ago really loved the sound, so I eventually went to the 325i.  However, the biggest problem with the SR lineup is how bright they are.  When I heard that
the PS500 were darker I had to swap my 325i out.  Worked out perfectly for me.  I was still able to enjoy the fun grado sound without the excessive brightness of the SR series.  Recently, I've been
looking to get my hands on a pair of lcd-2.  I don't have enough to buy one outright, but I don't really want to part with my ps500 either.  I'm thinking of just saving up money so I can stay with
a 3 headphone set up: PS500s for the fun, lcd-2 for a darker flavor, and monoprice 8320 for portable listening. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #102 of 117
Quote:
I feel the LCD-3 is pretty on par with the HD800 technically. Without the expansive soundstage or as much details. It's much more natural on the LCD-3's
all through the spectrum.

The HE-6 right now give me a comparative technicality of  the HD800. Big soundstage/details, etc.

I do not subscribe to measurements for my musical enjoyment. 

And to say one is better than the other is wrong. As showed each headphone measures better than the other in different instances, different pairs of cans, etc.
So you can't say it conclusively.
You might get an HD800 that measures better or worse than an HE-6, vice versa. So those graphs aren't meaningful to me.

No headphone is worth their money these days. Look at what the Mad Dog is capable of. Then look at the prices of each top dynamic or ortho.
$1k+ is stupid, but we pay for it. And if you don't think they're worth it, don't buy 'em.

IMO, there's really no true better or worse headphone. Just different presentations, yadda yadda.

If you are not comparing headphones nulled to the same FR, the value of your subjective feelings is going to be pretty low... It is worth for you but not to the others if we are talking about quality from the technical point of view.

Tyll measured five different pairs of LCD-3 and none of them measure better than LCD-2 or HD800. They measure very similar. In reality, they measured bad for the price of 2000USD.

There is no way HE-6 can measure better than HD800 as the gap between is pretty obvious... You can feel HE-6 as a better headphone in terms of enjoyment or how it fits to your ears but from the technical perspective, both LCD-2 rev2 and HD800 are clearly better.

There is nothing wrong with saying one headphone is worse than another from the technical perspective, if we only compare technical brillance of the sound they are going to deliver. However, prefered FR and other aspects are non-measurable and therefore no one is able to say which headphone you are going to like the most.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:46 PM Post #103 of 117
Quote:

If you are not comparing headphones nulled to the same FR, the value of your subjective feelings is going to be pretty low... It is worth for you but not to the others if we are talking about quality from the technical point of view.

Tyll measured five different pairs of LCD-3 and none of them measure better than LCD-2 or HD800. They measure very similar. In reality, they measured bad for the price of 2000USD.

There is no way HE-6 can measure better than HD800 as the gap between is pretty obvious... You can feel HE-6 as a better headphone in terms of enjoyment or how it fits to your ears but from the technical perspective, both LCD-2 rev2 and HD800 are clearly better.

There is nothing wrong with saying one headphone is worse than another from the technical perspective, if we only compare technical brillance of the sound they are going to deliver. However, prefered FR and other aspects are non-measurable and therefore no one is able to say which headphone you are going to like the most.

The value of my subjective feeling is mine. It's not high nor low, it's personal. I never said or pushed my opinion's on anyone else.
What's worth anything to another person, isn't meaningful to me. 

I don't even know what you're trying to get across..

Are you saying technical perspective means based off MEASUREMENTS? EARS? RHETORIC?

This isn't a Sound Science discussion, so I'll stop.

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:47 PM Post #104 of 117
I only had the 650's for 5 years!

I'm down to two main hp's now (apart from my IEM's and a set of Goldring NC's) But if I could only keep one, it would have to be the LCD2.2

Nov 18, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #105 of 117
Quote:
The value of my subjective feeling is mine. It's not high nor low, it's personal. I never said or pushed my opinion's on anyone else.
What's worth anything to another person, isn't meaningful to me. 

I don't even know what you're trying to get across..

Are you saying technical perspective means based off MEASUREMENTS? EARS? RHETORIC?

This isn't a Sound Science discussion, so I'll stop.

+1 ..well said,Para
No two sets of ears ,are the same,especially ,if they are cryoed-like mine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back