Anyone has experience with coyotes?
Apr 9, 2011 at 6:41 PM Post #31 of 61
I think it's the easy food and the fact that humans back away from them.

Lots of people leave pet food outside and they love it. Trash is also a big draw. Lots of protein and calories. It's easier than hunting. Since humans are mostly ignoring them or shy away, they're emboldened.

I wouldn't put up with them on my property after making reasonable efforts to keep them out with a wall or fence. If legal, I'd use a high-power rifle on them. If not, I'd get a can of bear spray (it's like industrial strength pepper spray) and a baseball bat and go after them. Though I'd probably put on my biker armor, too. A face full of bear spray leaves a lasting impression.

Another option would be a wrist rocket and some ball bearings or big marbles. I had one as a kid, but I was shaky and never got very accurate. It's different when you're an adult, though. I picked one up a few years back and got pretty accurate with it.

Apr 9, 2011 at 11:24 PM Post #35 of 61
Nevertheless, it's cute................
A lot cuter stuffed, or as a floor mat though.

A good 30-30 would male a nice dispatcher.

Or a 9mm for the more obstinate.

Or fit up your pup with onr of these:-

End of problem......

Apr 10, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #36 of 61
Those look like toys, this is more like what I'm used to...

Quote:
Nevertheless, it's cute................
A lot cuter stuffed, or as a floor mat though.

A good 30-30 would male a nice dispatcher.

Or a 9mm for the more obstinate.

Or fit up your pup with onr of these:-

End of problem......

Apr 10, 2011 at 7:06 PM Post #37 of 61

Quote:
Those look like toys, this is more like what I'm used to...

The Canadian version of the FAL, right ? 7.62mm FMJ on coyotes ? 
eek.gif

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #38 of 61
Yes.
Does that make me evil? 
evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

The Canadian version of the FAL, right ? 7.62mm FMJ on coyotes ? 
eek.gif

Apr 10, 2011 at 8:27 PM Post #39 of 61
Apr 11, 2011 at 4:00 AM Post #40 of 61

Quote:
All you need is a .25 varmint gun or a pocket knife.

na im with avro, if it was me id absolutely want to blow the little buggers away but there is no need to use some silly girly gun and risk just injuring them or making them suffor a slow lingering death.  i may want them dead but there is no need ever to induce unnecessary suffering. 

quick, clean and painless.

Apr 11, 2011 at 5:31 AM Post #41 of 61

Quote:
na im with avro, if it was me id absolutely want to blow the little buggers away but there is no need to use some silly girly gun and risk just injuring them or making them suffor a slow lingering death.  i may want them dead but there is no need ever to induce unnecessary suffering. 

Yeah, you're right, go after them rocket launcher just in case your aim is bad.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #44 of 61
...no guns guys, no guns. In the Asian neighborhood I live in, there's no such thing as "bring home a rocket launcher for some coyote hunting..." like never..

As for those of you that might be curious, my dog has been doing fine. Yesterday one coyote came IN to the backyard at 10AM in the morning, which was shocking. But the dog was fine even after we got back from church, and no barking to be heard yesterday night either. 

The cage is coming tomorrow, and we might think about keeping the dog inside, at least at nights.

Apr 11, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #45 of 61

Quote:

In that case, you sure don't want military ammo, a FMJ will go right through the coyote like a paper sheet and leave him bleeding to death if you don't hit a vital (military ammo is designed to wound, not to kill, how counter-intuitive this might seem). Can you load soft or hollow point ammo in a FAL ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back