Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Nov 8, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #541 of 828
I still have a PPA and a JMT Pimeta (previously in this configuration)... both in bits unfortunately, been meaning to rebuild them but you know how it is

Mine with all the exotics parts including DACT and blackgates.

Attachments

• IMG_9963.JPG
    IMG_9963.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Nov 9, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #542 of 828
Still here, took me some time to register after 2001, but was here at the time of HeadWize and Usenet/NetNews before that. Those were the times (not in a good way always :) ).

Not posting that much. See cycles come and go, flavour of the week, people getting hyped up, disappointed, new shiny object comes - cycle begins a new.

I do miss when things were less crassly commercial, more home and community knit, but that applies to the whole of Internet (every single channel) these days. It feels like somebody is always trying to sell you something these days.

But many things have improved: the amount of information, accurate measurements, decent reviewers, lots of choice in every category and even global availability. Ordering something from US/China in late 90s or early 2000s was a big hassle. Or participating in group buys and loosing a few hundred bucks and not getting anything back.

The kids these days, they don't know how easy they have it :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2018 at 12:12 AM Post #543 of 828
Wow. What a perfectly lovely waste of an hour. Nice to see all you old timers...even though you're still a bunch of n00bs to me. Been at this so long I've completely forgotten what we're talking about. Retired because I thought I was loosing some hearing in my right ear. Went to the Doc and they found an Ety tip in there from 1998.

(Hardly nobody will get the joke, but the original Etys had a problem with the tips being too loose. Ah well. Hey look, a chicken.......)
Good to see your post again, Tyll. Hope you can still be active in the forums.

Dec 24, 2018 at 7:30 PM Post #545 of 828
Merry Xmas to you guys!

Dec 31, 2018 at 1:50 PM Post #551 of 828
Hey Tom! Happy New Year to you guys too. I haven't been on Head-Fi in YEARS. Going to take some time to review this thread and see who is still around since the old days.
Hey John,

Good to see you back,Happy holidays
Loved Your Amp

Dec 31, 2018 at 11:52 PM Post #555 of 828
Happy 2019 everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back