Any old fart head-fi'ers still around?
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #211 of 828
Quote:
I still have my mint tin amp somewhere in storage. It's the first amp I've purchased from another member since joining this forum years ago. There was a time here when a few were chasing limited edition Altoids tins to make a mint amp.

My first amp was a JMT mint amp CHA-47 I believe...JMT was one of the 1st amp builders on Head-Fi  plus a gentleman.......JMT are you still around???

Jul 13, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #212 of 828
Another really old fart checking in!

11 years and still going strong! I was AWOL for a few years but made #6 on daily post count a few days back--pity I didn't take a screenshot!

Still sticking to my team EQ guns... rocking my $10 SHE3580s!

Oh and that's the official head-fi SWAT team uniform my avatar is wearing... check out my sig for details! Been on sale since at least 2004! Buy one now... and own a piece of head-fi history! :D

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM Post #213 of 828
Quote:
Another really old fart checking in!
11 years and still going strong! I was AWOL for a few years bit made #6 on daily post count a few days back--pity I didn't take a screenshot!
Still sticking to my team EQ guns... rocking my $10 SHE3580s!
Oh and that's the official head-fi SWAT team uniform my avatar is wearing... check out my sig for details! Been on sale since at least 2004! Buy one now... and own a piece of head-fi history!
biggrin.gif

I laugh at the description EVERY TIME:

[size=1.1em] From the Designer[/size]
"Comfy as all get-out. I now wear mine always. Wanna see?" asked Jude, Admin of Head-Fi. "NO! NO! NO! NO!" they screamed back. Order a few for your girly girl and I'll spare you the horror.

Jul 27, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #215 of 828
Checking in as well.  Member from 2001!  Wow, more than 10 years already.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:16 AM Post #217 of 828
I do!

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Jul 29, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #218 of 828
Yup, Tuberoller was quite an outspoken member.

Aug 31, 2012 at 4:05 AM Post #220 of 828
Great to see some older members still chiming in.  Surprising also to see the one above me checking in.  Seems like you were MIA for a while, pleasently surprised, and as usual great write up on the PS-1000 page Zanth.  FWIW, still rockin my GS-1000s.....lol

My post count may not be the highest, however being a long time member Ive learned that large post counts dont always mean everything.  Hell, I see some newer members with less than a months time on here hitting Supremus status ....progress I guess.

Nice to see also that while some may jump between the "other" site and head-fi that this place may still act as a more famillar home base.

Its the kinder and gentler headphone site ....lol (meant in a good way). 

Sep 9, 2012 at 5:58 AM Post #221 of 828
Holy crap, it's a month to go to my tenth Head-Fi anniversary!

*Goes back to see what he's achieved IRL in the meanwhile*

*Sticks bottom lip out & sulks in corner*

Sep 9, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #224 of 828
I still have a META42 board he built, which was for a short while the basis of the UZI-bodied amp (the followup to the kettle-body amp, which was a board I built I think also partly out of parts salvaged from another one he did) which I also still have... which was kind of the ultimate in pointless amp novelty re-housing as I couldn't take it anywhere for obvious reasons.

Sep 9, 2012 at 12:28 PM Post #225 of 828
Quote:
Wow purk haven't seen you in a while, some of your posts were quite of interest for me back when I was lurking in 04-05...

I am still here most of the time, but don't post that much any more beside defending my love for Sony walkman Z & A and from time to time in the Summit forum.

@ Lextex and Bangraman,

I miss JMT and Tangen too.  JMT built my first CMOY for my Senn HD580 following by a portable Meta42 built by Tagent.  I remember back then that the stuffs in the sell forum went fast and everyone was eyeing the Etymotic ER-4S.  The HR Cosmic was a stuff of legend until maxed out Meta42 came along

Users who are viewing this thread

Back