Any competition for Portapro's if these are my requirements?
Jul 2, 2012 at 7:03 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

smokecrack

Head-Fier
I love my Portapros, but am wondering if there is another portable headphone that outdoes them in the sound quality department, but maintains the comfort, small size and portability. My price range is flexible.

Jul 3, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #3 of 4
There are plenty of portable headphones that outperfom the PortaPros.  Certain models that you might want to take a look at are:

VMODA M-80
Beyerdynamic T50
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Sennheiser HD 25
AIAIAI TMA-1

All of these are around 200 dollars with the only exception being the the DT1350 which is 300 dollars.

The only pair of headphones that I own from the above list are the M-80's everything about them are amazing.  It has a very balanced signature along with great detail.  The bass is very punchy but also has pretty good extension.  The only issue that you might have with them is the comfort level.  They do have memory foam pads but the clamping force on the pads are definitely more than the PortaPros.

Jul 5, 2012 at 8:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
There are plenty of portable headphones that outperfom the PortaPros.  Certain models that you might want to take a look at are:

VMODA M-80
Beyerdynamic T50
Beyerdynamic DT1350
Sennheiser HD 25
AIAIAI TMA-1

All of these are around 200 dollars with the only exception being the the DT1350 which is 300 dollars.

The only pair of headphones that I own from the above list are the M-80's everything about them are amazing.  It has a very balanced signature along with great detail.  The bass is very punchy but also has pretty good extension.  The only issue that you might have with them is the comfort level.  They do have memory foam pads but the clamping force on the pads are definitely more than the PortaPros.

Thumbs up for your recommendation 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back