Any audiophiles that listen to dubstep?
Aug 17, 2011 at 8:07 PM Post #77 of 92
I listen to some dubstep (Bassnectar, NitGrit), and I use the Ultrasone Pro 750's (and a Fiio E7 amp). They're great with dubstep and sound amazing, the impact, power, and clarity makes it great for dubstep, but when listening to dubstep, they can get pretty fatiguing. Normally they aren't very fatiguing cans, but with dubstep, I get fatigued much faster.

Aug 17, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #80 of 92

Quote:
I listen to some dubstep (Bassnectar, NitGrit), and I use the Ultrasone Pro 750's (and a Fiio E7 amp). They're great with dubstep and sound amazing, the impact, power, and clarity makes it great for dubstep, but when listening to dubstep, they can get pretty fatiguing. Normally they aren't very fatiguing cans, but with dubstep, I get fatigued much faster.

I think dubstep is a fatiguing music, at least the brostep variety. It's like they take the most grating, jarring noises and then grind them around. Your ears can take only so much.

Aug 23, 2011 at 8:25 PM Post #81 of 92

Quote:
I think dubstep is a fatiguing music, at least the brostep variety. It's like they take the most grating, jarring noises and then grind them around. Your ears can take only so much.

Exactly, that is why I do not listen to brostep often. I couldn't imagine going to a show. I am more into chilled out old school dubstep.

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:57 PM Post #82 of 92

Quote:
I listen to some dubstep (Bassnectar, NitGrit), and I use the Ultrasone Pro 750's (and a Fiio E7 amp).

Similar for me - I have the 750's to which I have added some damping material (like the Kees mod) and I really like them for dubstep. I also have HE-500s which I am driving with a Benchmark DAC but there is not quite enough power with that combo for dubstep. 

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #83 of 92

Quote:
Try the FA-11 (Fischer Audio). I mix and match with it and the AKG k702. It has solid bass with a great deal of impact. I'm not huge into dubstep (glitch mob, PANTyRAiD, etc.), but I find the FA-11 works really well. It's a fairly budget orientated headphone too. I think $120 + shipping from GD audiobase.

Are you insane?!?!?!

3 words - ULTRASONE PRO 900! You wont regret it, I listen to ALOT of dubstep and my oh my, if you want headphones that sound like youve got a sub on your ears, without ruining the rest of the music, buy these cans asap!

Aug 28, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #86 of 92
will ultrasones have more bass than say some m50s or some bayers or something? right now i use hd 650s, while their bass is decent and very clean and tight, its definitely not what i want. its strong enough to be considered a bass oriented headphone, but its still more on the neutral side rather than the bass heavy. i want something with heavy bass like that seen from some of the IEMS but i dunno what to get.

Jun 25, 2013 at 11:58 PM Post #89 of 92
Quote:
I listen to MitiS.
He has some great dubstep. Other than that I really don't enjoy the general wub wub. I prefer EDM *most* of the time but there are occasional dubstep songs worth their own merit.

On an unrelated note, this is a really great song(which isn't dubstep) that should appease most dubstep people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbOeP8mUciI

rameses b is one of my favorites!!!!

beerchug.gif

Jul 30, 2014 at 6:54 PM Post #90 of 92
Deep Heads has to be checked out guys, I'll recommended Saffire D'soul "Soul. Type", Versa " Shanti Dub and Karma " How ya feel" (SYSTM 002) so yeah guess I like some Dubstep/Dub. I've not been able to create the same grin factor from my headphones as my old Nad-Kef-Rel setup but moving from a house to a flat has put a stop to that. I'm on a quest now for a solid bottom end

Users who are viewing this thread

Back