Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 14, 2009 at 5:48 AM Post #2,596 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MCC /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EXCELLENT anime. To all that have not yet watched Kanon or the two other Key inspired Kyoto Animation masterpieces, you really do need to take it upon yourselves to do so.

kanon girls are funny...
k701smile.gif

Aug 15, 2009 at 2:11 AM Post #2,598 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkraver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just finished watching Higurashi.... you really don't know what's going on until the second season though, but the first season is just....brutal 0.o

I love Higurashi! have you watched the 3rd season OVAs?

Aug 15, 2009 at 6:52 PM Post #2,599 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How did you manage to not get bored? At the very least, I found the first season hilariously slow paced. Perhaps the second season speeds up. Though it's definitely not the worst I've ever seen, and the premise was well thought up.

It was slow paced, even a little more so than the typical 26 episode series, but there was enough going on that I didn't seem to mind. It also helps watching with other people, so you can talk about things during the recaps, etc. Probably one of the most frustrating parts of the series was that nearly everyone was so hesitant to attack anything. There just wasn't any reason for it.

Aug 16, 2009 at 4:52 AM Post #2,600 of 6,444
showing my fiance Noein, she is kinda picky, and 5cm per second.

Aug 16, 2009 at 2:37 PM Post #2,602 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just started watching bleach recently (Started watching 6 days ago). I was never much interested in anime before..but now I am
biggrin.gif
Been slightly addicted..since I've already watched 90 episodes. >.>

I like everything except for the fillers. Ahhhh, they're so annoying! That's how I started watching One Piece!

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:01 PM Post #2,603 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It was slow paced, even a little more so than the typical 26 episode series, but there was enough going on that I didn't seem to mind. It also helps watching with other people, so you can talk about things during the recaps, etc. Probably one of the most frustrating parts of the series was that nearly everyone was so hesitant to attack anything. There just wasn't any reason for it.

I actually did watch it with my roomy. We were both caught yelling at the TV during many of those parts where everyone was hesitating. It drove us nuts. I figure they were trying to convey the idea that these were everyday people incapable of fighting, but that was over the top. We also skipped through openers/closers, so there was little time for talk. He was also too busy laughing hysterically at Kurono for much other commentary.

I'm also re-watching Samurai 7 (with the same friend) on BluRay. Downside, he requires it dubbed. Upside, Kikuchiyo is so much funnier in English.

Aug 16, 2009 at 6:29 PM Post #2,604 of 6,444
Monster blew me away. For me, it's by far the best series I've ever watched (and I've watched many very popular ones like Bebop, Trigun, Geass [& R2], Evangelion, Stand Alone Complex [& 2nd GiG], et cetera). I just really dug the pacing, story, and cohesion of it all. I'm unsure if I'll like any other series more.

Aug 16, 2009 at 8:12 PM Post #2,605 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually did watch it with my roomy. We were both caught yelling at the TV during many of those parts where everyone was hesitating. It drove us nuts. I figure they were trying to convey the idea that these were everyday people incapable of fighting, but that was over the top. We also skipped through openers/closers, so there was little time for talk. He was also too busy laughing hysterically at Kurono for much other commentary.

I'm also re-watching Samurai 7 (with the same friend) on BluRay. Downside, he requires it dubbed. Upside, Kikuchiyo is so much funnier in English.

I thought Gantz was a GREAT anime, although I haven't read the manga..
I liked how a lot of the situations were really intense+realistic and all that.
I'll name one anime that went a bit slow...Eureka SeveN. I felt that you didn't really get into the bulk of the action until the last ten episodes or so(as far as I remember).

Aug 18, 2009 at 12:03 AM Post #2,606 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Monster blew me away. For me, it's by far the best series I've ever watched (and I've watched many very popular ones like Bebop, Trigun, Geass [& R2], Evangelion, Stand Alone Complex [& 2nd GiG], et cetera). I just really dug the pacing, story, and cohesion of it all. I'm unsure if I'll like any other series more.

I see you've never watched Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Aug 18, 2009 at 1:09 AM Post #2,607 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yup, Monster is a truly excellent series. One of my two favorite anime series, along with Legend of the Galactic Heroes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vayate /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I see you've never watched Legend of Galactic Heroes.

Beaten to it. Anyways, watch LoGH if you haven't. It's the only series I feel is better than Monster.

I haven't been watching anime lately. Every summer I take a break from anime for different reasons. I've been keeping myself entertained by reading some manga and watching tokusatsu shows. Manga wise, Houshin Engi was the best thing I read recently. It's a very good shounen action series with strong characters, a very unexpected and exciting plot, and full or powerful emotional moments. I've watch like five Kamen Rider series and a couple other tokusatsu shows this summer. Kamen Rider Agito was a good Kamen Rider series with an interesting plot, great monster and suit designs, and good characters. Kamen Rider Hibiki was an atypical rider show that focused on the coming of age story of the narrator and his relationship with the shows titular character who he sees as a mentor/father figure; this series probably has the most well defined characters of the heisei era series. Garo was a tokusatsu show that was actually aimed for adults instead of children that had a darker tone, more b-movie horrorish elements; the story and characters of this one were average, but the action is pretty amazing. I enjoyed Garo immensely, but that's partially because the girl was the Orchid Undead from Blade and Rei was Kitazaki from Kamen Rider Faiz. If you haven't watched a tokusatsu show because the genre in general seems to childish for you, then you might want to give Garo a shot if you want to see a high octane action series. I'll just leave a short scene from the first episode here and have you decide if you want to watch.

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Aug 18, 2009 at 6:19 PM Post #2,609 of 6,444
what is sigh?

I'm nearly finished Le Chevalier D'Eon. I will finish it up tonight. Overall I think some critics were overly harsh when describing the faces of the characters. Although not as vibrant and distinct as some anime, this was to be a more serious period piece and I think some of the stereotypical caricatures would have ruined this. The plot became confusing at certain points and I do think that there was some rushing to get it all in, but with 4 episodes left, I feel there is a good shot for a strong finale.

With all this talk of Monster, I'm thinking it or Gantz will be my next series.

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #2,610 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrOutside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
too much sigh in this thread. its like reading ANN

or, in other words, you're not able to articulate the reason (or don't even have one) you don't like Bokurano. in that case, don't even bother posting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back