Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Aug 6, 2009 at 5:47 PM Post #2,581 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Townyj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bleach is the only Anime that got me hooked for a long while... I lost track a few years back and doubt i will catch up now :/

I do like Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic!! Both good in there own way!

Full Metal Alchemist is a really fun anime, I'd recommend it to anyone! I also keep hearing good things about Trigun (sp?), so I might give that a shot later on!

Aug 6, 2009 at 9:03 PM Post #2,582 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wankerfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I also keep hearing good things about Trigun (sp?), so I might give that a shot later on!

Trigun starts off a little silly, but gets better and more serious as it moves on. Don't get put off by the first episodes.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 10:22 PM Post #2,583 of 6,444
Just got the series you watched zanth I hope its good. I am hooked back on Shippuden and am loving it in 720p. Watching the last episode of Gundam 00 S2 tonight in hd as well.

Aug 7, 2009 at 6:19 AM Post #2,584 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Best of all, for about $40 CAD I was able to get the entire series PLUS the soundtrack in a boxed set. The soundtrack alone is nearly worth the full $40.

May I inquire as to where you found such a deal (and is it still available)?

Aug 8, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #2,587 of 6,444
Just finished watching Eyeshield 21. Kind of depressing how it ends during the middle of an important arc in the Manga, but all in all, a generally entertaining Shonen anime. That I say this about a Shonen Jump anime says, IMO, plenty seeing as the only Shonen Jump anime prior to this that I have ever managed to enjoy prior to this has been One Piece. Relatively entertaining, especially if you are a fan of American Football (seeing as that is what the entire series revolves around), but be warned, there are several filler arcs that will drag on...

Aug 13, 2009 at 11:41 PM Post #2,592 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoYouRight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gantz, tho the manga is way better

I really enjoyed the Gantz anime, it was a very unique premise and hard to pull away from after the first few eps. Haven't read the manga but I suppose I'll have to check it out if it's notably better.

Aug 14, 2009 at 12:11 AM Post #2,593 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I really enjoyed the Gantz anime, it was a very unique premise and hard to pull away from after the first few eps. Haven't read the manga but I suppose I'll have to check it out if it's notably better.

How did you manage to not get bored? At the very least, I found the first season hilariously slow paced. Perhaps the second season speeds up. Though it's definitely not the worst I've ever seen, and the premise was well thought up.

On topic: Just finished Code Geass R2 and almost done Black Lagoon (S1). Geass was amazing, and I truly think it lived up to the level of hype. Black Lagoon is also very well done, and I'm more than impressed with the dub (and that opener...awesome).

Aug 14, 2009 at 2:48 AM Post #2,594 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big-Bad-John /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Currently watching Kanon 06 for the third time

EXCELLENT anime. To all that have not yet watched Kanon or the two other Key inspired Kyoto Animation masterpieces, you really do need to take it upon yourselves to do so.

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:54 AM Post #2,595 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Many thanks. I shall go look into that.

I just started Code Geass R2. Epic (so far).

Oh man that anime makes my insides tingle. At first I thought it was dumb because my brother recommended it, but I quickly changed my views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back