Any anime series that you've been enjoying?
Jul 30, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #2,566 of 6,444
I've been reading One Piece for the past couple weeks... It took me this long to read 450 chapters. I started reading and watching it 7 years ago, but I stopped for some reason.

As for anime, the only ones I've been watching recently are Gintama, Naruto Shippuden, and Katekyo Hitman Reborn. I guess K-On! counts since that just finished not too long ago.

I tried watching Soul Eater, but I haven't gotten past episode 4. It's not that interesting... D.gray-man too...

Jul 30, 2009 at 8:59 PM Post #2,567 of 6,444
Ha, ironic avatar. I just got done watching Kannagi yesterday =D Was surprisingly fun, even the fillers were completely entertaining. Ep 9 was HILARIOUS!

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #2,568 of 6,444
I just finished watching the Kaleido Star Complete Collection DVD box (51 TV episodes plus the first OVA episode).

Am starting to rewatch The Vision of Escaflowne, one of the best anime series I've seen in many years. At least it had a decent ending, unlike the bizzarely weird ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Jul 31, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #2,569 of 6,444
Kannagi was okay. My girlfriend didn't like it though... She stopped watching a few episode into it.

Jul 31, 2009 at 1:25 AM Post #2,570 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Laokid18 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love it, but it is a either love or hate it type anime.You will know if you want to keep watching it or not in the first 5 minutes.

What slice of life stuff? My favorite genre bro.
wink.gif

Watched the first episode, stupidly enough while drinking milk. Darn near made a mess everywhere, but other than that very enjoyable. SZS was good as well, but I wouldn't say as good. Looking forward to the rest of both of them.

I really need to get around to picking up spice and wolf II....

Jul 31, 2009 at 2:41 AM Post #2,571 of 6,444
I just bought (read: paid for, waiting to arrive):
Berserk
Innocent Venus
Jing, King of Bandits: Seventh Heaven
Kino's Journey (Already watched, but I liked it so much, I think I should probably *pay* for it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (I feel silly not owning this)
Now and Then, Here And There
Texhnolyze

That should keep me occupied for a little while. At the moment, I'm starting Gantz, and looking into watching Elfen Lied after.

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:25 AM Post #2,572 of 6,444
Gantz, tho the manga is way better

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:52 AM Post #2,573 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by kjpmkjp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just bought (read: paid for, waiting to arrive):
Berserk
Innocent Venus
Jing, King of Bandits: Seventh Heaven
Kino's Journey (Already watched, but I liked it so much, I think I should probably *pay* for it)
Neon Genesis Evangelion (I feel silly not owning this)
Now and Then, Here And There
Texhnolyze

That should keep me occupied for a little while. At the moment, I'm starting Gantz, and looking into watching Elfen Lied after.

Yeah the Gantz manga is way better than the anime, Elfen lied is one of my favorites, The opening is so haunting.

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:59 AM Post #2,574 of 6,444
Hmm, is that so? Though I shouldn't be surprised. I'll probably look into it after watching the two seasons. I'll ask my local comic shop if they can order it, if they don't already have it on hand. Thanks for the suggestion.

Edit: Finished the first season... Man, that was so slow paced and kinda boring. I really hope the second season is at least a little better.

Aug 5, 2009 at 3:17 AM Post #2,575 of 6,444
have any of u guys watched Requiem for the Phantom? I just started watching it and it is epic!

Aug 5, 2009 at 4:50 AM Post #2,577 of 6,444
Just finished Fantastic Children and WOW was it ever Fantastic!

Great art, wonderful story and quite tight across the 26 eps. Best of all, for about $40 CAD I was able to get the entire series PLUS the soundtrack in a boxed set. The soundtrack alone is nearly worth the full $40. Next up is Serial Experiments Lain and then I have to wait until my birthday when I cash in my gift certificates for more series from my list.

Aug 5, 2009 at 8:49 AM Post #2,578 of 6,444
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wankerfx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm currently waiting for the Bleach fillers to be done, so I'm watching One Piece instead. I'm actually taking quite a liking to this goofy anime!

Bleach is the only Anime that got me hooked for a long while... I lost track a few years back and doubt i will catch up now :/

I do like Full Metal Alchemist and Full Metal Panic!! Both good in there own way!

Aug 6, 2009 at 6:32 AM Post #2,579 of 6,444
well Ive lately been trying to find episodes of Basilisk, not new by any means but its damn good imo. Ive also seen a few episodes of Berserk again not new but I enjoyed what Ive seen so far, trying to preview series so I dont spend money on something i wont like...

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:51 PM Post #2,580 of 6,444
Le Chevaliers D'Eons is next up! Animation is odd but the backgrounds are insane! It's like James Cameron came in and sat the artists down and explained to them what it means to be OC about detail and bringing out the era of a work.

Story thus far is slow but interesting, but I did only watch a single ep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back