Anedio D2 DAC release
Aug 17, 2013 at 12:20 AM Post #1,291 of 1,416
Quote:

That's exactly what I expected. Plus-owning a ton of gear all at once has to be a blast. I've owned an m-Stage 3 different times now, and by gosh I suppose that just means I should keep one handy. What a great little amp-the amp that got me into this dreaded mess in the first place (thanks to your eternal m-Stage thread!).

Can't wait to hear your Mirus impressions. I almost bought an Invicta a number of times, but figured it would be worth the jump heading to the Overdrive or MSB. Time will tell.

-Daniel

It's awesome and terrible at the same time. Love having choices, hate moving things around to reconfigure the system. Plus my wife will only tolerate so much gear sitting on shelves and in drawers..... it's getting kind of ridiculous. I wish I was more into portable audio so all this stuff would be tiny.

I don't have immediate plans to try the Mirus but I'm sure it will happen down the road. I can't imagine anything sounding better than the original Invicta, but apparently it is possible or at least Tavi thinks so. But perhaps the Resonessence house sound just works best for me, and the MSB is a better fit for him. That said - I still totally love the Anedio D2! Exceptional for the price even as many other promising new models come to market. If James Kang ever gets around to building a D3, these other companies could be in trouble again.... and he mentioned at on point building an A2, successor to the A1 amp, which could be something special as well. He made some progress but then went back and started over, redesigned it all fully discrete. And he's not a discrete fanboy (obviously) but says it worked best in that application: lots of current. No clue how that project is going or what the timeline is though. 

Aug 17, 2013 at 6:39 AM Post #1,294 of 1,416
Quote:
I hope Anedio would reconsider to ship their products to overseas buyers.

they stopped doing that? because of that lost ?

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:18 PM Post #1,304 of 1,416
  I just pulled the trigger on this..very good prices at the Anedio site. I paid U$999 for a refurbished unit an a new one goes for U$ 1240. I was between this and the DA8 but I think this will be a better match for my amp and cans (Luxman p1-u and HD800). I wonder why nobody discuss about this anymore..

That's a great deal. The D2 is a superb DAC.

Oct 14, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #1,305 of 1,416
  I just pulled the trigger on this..very good prices at the Anedio site. I paid U$999 for a refurbished unit an a new one goes for U$ 1240. I was between this and the DA8 but I think this will be a better match for my amp and cans (Luxman p1-u and HD800). I wonder why nobody discuss about this anymore..

Wow, very good price! Many people paid the original $1470 (US dollars) price and were quite pleased with it. Now the price drop makes it an even sweeter deal, and the refurb you got is less than what I see used models going for. Smart move.

I think people discuss it less because Anedio is a low profile company who doesn't really market their stuff much. They never have, since they can barely keep up with demand as it is. So why try to create more? From what I know of James, the designer, he isn't out to create a massive income here. He's a retired engineer with a family, and he just wants to make a living while doing what he loves - designing audio gear to help people enjoy music. It sounds almost corny but it's totally true - James is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Brilliant, yet humble, he reminds me a lot of Sigfried Linkwitz.

Another factor is that people who buy the D2 (or the D1 before that) tend to sort of drop out of the DAC arms race. It's kind of like when someone gets in to Stax gear, or gets a super nice tube amp from Eddie Current or ECP Audio. They tend to stop worrying about the flavor of the month or whatever new releases might show up and become "hot" - they know the gear they already own is extremely good, and they have no desire to look elsewhere. That tends to make people participate less on the forums.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back