Anedio D2 DAC release
Apr 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM Post #1,246 of 1,416
I've been using the Windows 7 USB driver since the day Windows 8 arrived with no problems. 
cool.gif

Installing Windows 8 later and will report after a few days of listening. 

Apr 27, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #1,248 of 1,416
Quote:
Hey guys,

I have a mint Anedio D2 with the box and manual I am not using. Less than 10 hours listening time. What's a fair asking price for it?

Thanks in advance,
Cyrus

Does yours have the serial number "D2B1406"? lol 
tongue.gif

Just kidding. I think you should put the price close to the retail price since it's still out of stock.

Apr 30, 2013 at 11:23 PM Post #1,253 of 1,416
Hi WNBC was there something about the D2's sound decided you to sell it even tho you thought it very good? TIA

May 1, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,254 of 1,416
The D2 sound has been excellently described by reviewers like Project86 so I can't add anything above and beyond that.  The sound was neutral and detailed.  I only used the headphone amp section of the D2.  My previous DAC was the W4S DAC-2 which is a little more aggressive and meatier when I paired it with a number of amps.  The D2 was more detailed but the DAC-2 produced a more engaging/lively sound for me.  With the right amp maybe the D2 would have been more my cup of tea.  Then I started reading about the JKenny Ciunas and have one on the way that I will pair with the Amphora.

I probably could have been happy with the D2 paired with the right amp.  I think in the end I wanted to return to separates and selling the D2 allowed for this without breaking the bank.  Purely a case of wanting to try new things on a budget.  That's the way it goes.  If we only knew when to stop and smell the roses........

Quote:
Hi WNBC was there something about the D2's sound decided you to sell it even tho you thought it very good? TIA

May 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM Post #1,255 of 1,416
Yep :wink:

Thanks for these notes - they actually add quite a lot as the synergy question is the final one for me. As I use my tube amps more often these days, a lean, neutral, detailed sound is probably best. Of my dacs Jan Meier's stagedac sounds best, and it comes nearest to these qualities. My hope is the D2 does the same, only significantly more so. Sounds like it does.

I noticed you in the ciunas thread and look forward to your impressions of JK's new unit. The beta testers' impressions were mostly disappointing - like they'd been done in a hurry and with little thought :eek:

Thanks!

May 1, 2013 at 4:33 PM Post #1,256 of 1,416
Quote:

Thanks for these notes - they actually add quite a lot as the synergy question is the final one for me. As I use my tube amps more often these days, a lean, neutral, detailed sound is probably best. Of my dacs Jan Meier's stagedac sounds best, and it comes nearest to these qualities. My hope is the D2 does the same, only significantly more so. Sounds like it does.

I noticed you in the ciunas thread and look forward to your impressions of JK's new unit. The beta testers' impressions were mostly disappointing - like they'd been done in a hurry and with little thought
eek.gif

Thanks!

The D2 imho was one of the best synergy I've had with the HD800s. Tbh the akg k702s sounded really good, but plasticy. D2 is extremely jaw-droppingly good. I've compared it to higher-end dacs such as the eximus dp1, and my friends 9,000$ dac.. forgot what it's called ah Emm Labs SE Dac2

May 2, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,257 of 1,416
I haven't read any bad threads on the released JK model.  Most say better than previous models, not evolutionary but welcomed.  Part of the fun of the journey is trying new things so at this point I hope to have a good feel for DACs and finally stick with one.  Anedio D2 was excellent.  Just trying to see how excellent in comparison to other DACs.

Quote:

I noticed you in the ciunas thread and look forward to your impressions of JK's new unit. The beta testers' impressions were mostly disappointing - like they'd been done in a hurry and with little thought
eek.gif

Thanks!

May 21, 2013 at 4:38 PM Post #1,259 of 1,416
Has anyone connected the D2 directly to a pair of (bi-amped) active speakers (like the Emotiva Airmotivs, Dynaudio 110A, T+A CM, etc.)?

James has a pretty interesting comment on bi-amplification on the Anedio website, and I thought that a pair of active speakers could take advantage of active bi-amping at a nice price. Going for an active crossover would mean to go for a PreAmp (not needed with the D2s volume control) and a pair of speakers without passive crossover or an external crossover (like the Brystons), and that's a lot of money.

Would be thankful for any ideas.

Cheers!

May 21, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #1,260 of 1,416
Quote:
Has anyone connected the D2 directly to a pair of (bi-amped) active speakers (like the Emotiva Airmotivs, Dynaudio 110A, T+A CM, etc.)?

James has a pretty interesting comment on bi-amplification on the Anedio website, and I thought that a pair of active speakers could take advantage of active bi-amping at a nice price. Going for an active crossover would mean to go for a PreAmp (not needed with the D2s volume control) and a pair of speakers without passive crossover or an external crossover (like the Brystons), and that's a lot of money.

Would be thankful for any ideas.

Cheers!

I've used the D2 with the Emotiva Airmotiv5s as well as the Serene Audio Talismans. It works quite well. The Talismans are not really "active" by the true definition - it's just a regular speaker with a built in amp rather than an external amp. Then again, using a single full-range design means there isn't a passive crossover in the signal path, so it's half way there and sounds quite nice. The Airmotiv5s are really great as well. It sure helps to have a transparent source like the D2 providing an excellent signal for them to reproduce.

I'd love to have room for a set of big Genelec or Adam or K+H active monitors. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back