Anedio D2 DAC release
Mar 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #1,216 of 1,416
Quote:
Haha it was just ever so slight I gave an edge to the D2 Darryl :p maybe if I had had more time I may have come to a different conclusion, who knows.

I'm sad to see the D2 go as well, but that's the march of progress. I can't wait to hear the Hex if you actually end up getting one, I need to hear some of that metrum magic everyone keeps talking about. I was trying to get a quad as my d2 replacement but I guess it wasnt meant to be

Yeah - still thinking about the HEX.  However, one of these has to go first..  I want to experence a NOS DAC for myself.

Mar 27, 2013 at 10:08 AM Post #1,219 of 1,416
Quote:
Whoopsies

Yup..
biggrin.gif

Mar 28, 2013 at 7:01 PM Post #1,220 of 1,416
Thanks for your D2 
biggrin.gif

So far so good.  It's going to take some time to dissect this one.  At this price range there is a lot competition and similarities between DACs.  Initial impression is that the my previous W4S DAC-2 had a different presentation than the D2.  Not better or worse but different in regards to details and meaty musicality.  

I need to go through this read to find what people think about amp pairings and USB implementation.  Having only listened to the USB input for a couple hours I'd say it well implemented.  I wouldn't be surprised if people are not using a USB to SPDIF converter with the D2.    

Quote:
I think it certainly punches above its weight, and i loved every second with it. In short comparisons i could hear no difference between it and the PWDII and the Lynx Hilo. I thought it bested the NAD M51, and the only dac i heard that i thought might be a smidge better is the Audio-GD Master 7, which is what I will plan on getting down the road after I have recovered a bit from the turntable rig purchases, and after ive upgraded my phono stage to the decware ZP3, which is gonna be my next purchase for sure. I did get a Audio-GD NFB-1.32 off the classifieds to tide me over till then though...couldnt go completely dacless

Mar 28, 2013 at 8:20 PM Post #1,221 of 1,416
To people who are interested in D2 DAC,

Recently I sent my D2 DAC back to Anedio for warranty repair. According to FedEx customer service, the package was delivered to a wrong address and now it is lost/stolen. The person (S. Seth) who signed for the delivery denied that he received the package from FedEx. Now my D2 DAC is lost (or I can say it was stolen).

If anyone sees a D2 DAC with a serial number "D2B1406" for sale by any chance, please let me or Anedio know. I appreciate.

I have to thank Anedio customer service. They helped me to contact FedEx and follow up this case continuously. Anedio also told me that they will send me another D2 DAC next week. So I have a DAC to use while FedEx processes my claim.

Regards,
Sopp

Mar 28, 2013 at 9:33 PM Post #1,222 of 1,416

Recently I sent my D2 DAC back to Anedio for warranty repair. According to FedEx customer service, the package was delivered to a wrong address and now it is lost/stolen. The person (S. Seth) who signed for the delivery denied that he received the package from FedEx. Now my D2 DAC is lost (or I can say it was stolen).

If 
anyone
 sees a D2 DAC with a serial number "D2B1406" for sale

by any chance
, please let me or Anedio know. I appreciate.

I have to thank Anedio customer service. They helped me to contact FedEx and follow up this case continuously. Anedio also told me that they will send me another D2 DAC next week. So I have a DAC to use while FedEx processes my claim.

Regards,
Sopp
Bravo!!!

Mar 29, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #1,223 of 1,416
Did you put down item 'value' when shipping through fedex?   Fedex should give you the full amount, covered by fedex insurance.   But you may need to push them!    

Few years ago one of my friend moved to a new city and shipped a pair of speakers to the new home via fedex or ups, i forgot.   one lost, (the other one a little bit broken), and it was not easy dealing with the shipping company.  they insist they will only pay 'market' value of the lost speaker, and since there is no market for a single speaker, so....

Quote:

If anyone sees a D2 DAC with a serial number "D2B1406" for sale by any chance, please let me or Anedio know. I appreciate.

Regards,
Sopp

Mar 29, 2013 at 2:18 AM Post #1,224 of 1,416
Quote:

Regards,
Sopp

Ouch... that's terrible. Too bad, but hopefully it gets straightened out quickly and without too much trouble. 

Funny thing is, this S. Seth probably has no clue what it is or what to do with it. If he/she does a googe search, it will lead to this very thread. S. Seth if you are reading this return the item to Fedex!!!!!

I can't understand how this happens though. Fedex obviously knows where they left it. Why not go back and ask for it?

Mar 29, 2013 at 3:55 AM Post #1,225 of 1,416
Quote:

Regards,
Sopp

That's bad..but Anedio is very kind..

Mar 30, 2013 at 11:06 PM Post #1,226 of 1,416
I ordered platinum wedding rings that were delivered by Fedex to a completely wrong address. Luckily the person who received them returned them to me. Not before opening and checking out a package that clearly didn't belong to her, but I was thankful to get them back. When I complained to Fedex they couldn't have cared less.

Apr 3, 2013 at 6:47 PM Post #1,227 of 1,416
I had extensive listening both with the D1 and the D2 with an Audiophilleo AP2 + PurePower USB-SPDIF converter.

The USB inputs on the D1 and D2 are worlds apart, with the D2 being far more refined and detailed. As a result of clarity, the D2's bass seems weaker, but it is, in fact, cleaner. The AP on the D2 makes a shocking impression. AP+D2 vs. D2 alone is almost the same level of difference as the D2 vs. the D1. Detail I have never heard before makes itself present. Switching the resolution to 24/192 further enhances this. 

This would mean that the U2 USB-SPDIF converter that's built into the D2, while pretty good, isn't necessarily the best implementation of asynchronous USB out there. 

However, on the SPDIF inputs alone, the D1 and D2 came quite close. Meaning that an AP+D1 sounded very close to an AP+D2.

Apr 3, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #1,228 of 1,416
Really useful notes. Thank you.

Your comment on D2 bass with USB - does this apply with spdif input too? TIA

Apr 3, 2013 at 8:31 PM Post #1,229 of 1,416
Quote:
I had extensive listening both with the D1 and the D2 with an Audiophilleo AP2 + PurePower USB-SPDIF converter.

The USB inputs on the D1 and D2 are worlds apart, with the D2 being far more refined and detailed. As a result of clarity, the D2's bass seems weaker, but it is, in fact, cleaner. The AP on the D2 makes a shocking impression.

I completely agree with this. Thanks for being able to articulate something that can be hard to explain or even figure out while hearing it. 

Apr 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #1,230 of 1,416
I only tried the D2's SPDIF input with the AP, and yes, it was the same. To summarize:

Cleaner, crisper bass (may appear tamer):
D2 USB
D2 SPDIF w/AP
D1 SPDIF w/AP

Warmer, rounder bass ("creamer")
D1 USB

I hadn't the chance to try either SPDIF without the AP except with the optical out from AppleTV w/ Airplay, which I didn't like as much in any situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back