Anedio D2 DAC release
Sep 18, 2012 at 12:02 AM Post #1,006 of 1,416
Quote:
Interesting. Still redbook only right? If it could do high-res I'd be all over it. I'm looking at Chanel Island's new Transient MKII. They promise sub 1ps clocks...

Sub-1ps, but didn't say what freq range they measured from.  Crystek CCHD-957 measures 0.5ps from 10Hz - 10KHz.  If measured from 1Hz - 10KHz, that would be nearly 5ps.  I think CCHD-957 would likely be the clock they use, if they really want to put some decent clock in there.

To put things in perspective, Legato's clock would measure 0.05ps from 10Hz - 10KHz, and 0.5ps from 1Hz - 10KHz.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:53 AM Post #1,007 of 1,416
A question to those of you who don't leave your D2 constantly on - How long does it take for the D2 to sound its best after power up?

My current DAC/Amp takes 20 minutes to not sound muddy and up to an hour to sound its best. It runs on the warm side so I don't really want to leave it on 24/7.

I'm happy with the sound but it does prevent me from enjoying shorter/unplanned listening sessions.

Sep 18, 2012 at 11:10 AM Post #1,008 of 1,416
The wheel turns, lol. I'll be using IEM for the next year or so, and after that till I settle on a configuration for a home system. The Stax SR-009 is definitely at the top of the list.

In the meantime the plan is to slowly move to a UERM and Anedio D2 for DAC/amp.  

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #1,009 of 1,416
Quote:
The WFS to me sounds a bit slower, heavier but in the way of lacking transparancy and openness. I love the sound signature of Decware and First Watt amps: fast, tight, open and transparent. I feel the Anedio is in this category. The sound is lit up and energized, super tight bass and really smooth highs. The WFS reminds me more of the old McIntosh sound: bass emphasis, slower and a more rolled off top end. Very pleasing but with that in my system it became a bit boring. Actually it sounded closer to the Havana Dac with a Bendix tube. On the other hand I can see how some might find the Anedio lean. However, it it not bright or clinical.

Thanks for the input.

How do they compare in terms of sound-stage cohesion?

Sep 18, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #1,010 of 1,416
Quote:
A question to those of you who don't leave your D2 constantly on - How long does it take for the D2 to sound its best after power up?

My current DAC/Amp takes 20 minutes to not sound muddy and up to an hour to sound its best. It runs on the warm side so I don't really want to leave it on 24/7.

I'm happy with the sound but it does prevent me from enjoying shorter/unplanned listening sessions.

If I recall correctly, James of Anedio once told me it should only take around 20 minutes for everything to "settle" once turned on. He isn't really big on the typical audiophile stuff like burn-in or fancy cables, so when he says something like that he has a sound technical reason behind it. 

Personally I leave mine on all day if I feel like I might get a chance to listen at any point. It doesn't draw all that much power. Or else I might switch it on when I come home from work, and turn it off before bed. 

Sep 19, 2012 at 11:09 AM Post #1,011 of 1,416
Has anyone had a chance to compare the D2 to the NAD M51 yet? I'm trying to decide between the 2....

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #1,013 of 1,416
Quote:
Well Viper?... Did you start a new thread?... How's that LegatoII doing?

Not yet, still trying to digest the implication of the Legato II, and do a more complete write up.  For a digital source, it is the closest thing to vinyl, so analog sounding
wink.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #1,014 of 1,416

Users who are viewing this thread

Back