Anedio D2 DAC release
Jun 29, 2012 at 1:13 PM Post #587 of 1,416
Mine is to be delivered today! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #588 of 1,416
apparently they've got a list of people that want to get in on the next batch, so Elizabeth added me to it after i emailed her :) at least now i dont have to check that page every day. But she said it was probably going to be a couple months.

Jun 29, 2012 at 2:55 PM Post #589 of 1,416
Congrats!  I'd like to have a listen once you break it in!

Jul 2, 2012 at 5:33 PM Post #593 of 1,416
So after i decided to pick up the Anedio D2, i decided i would want to get a reference quality amp to go with it for my JH-13's. I instantly went and read the entire "The Wire" amp thread over at DIY audio, deciding that was probably the best possible amp for CIEMs. Well i then went and found the posts by viper in this thread about the headphone amp section thats built in, and the built in amp is basically a combination of the Bal-Bal and the Bal-Se The Wire amps, it uses the same amp as the Bal-Bal version, but it outputs a single ended signal, and the D2 is using the same LME49600 buffers as the The Wire amp, so im thinking that i would probably get almost no benefit out of building an external amp to use with it, this thing just gets better and better!

another question, anyone try any aftermarket power cords with this thing?

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #594 of 1,416
I do not have D2 now but I will buy it when the next order is open.

However, is the D2 perform better in balance mode?

If the answer is yes, I will consider to buy a balance amp.

If the answer is no, I will stick with my current amp.

Please advice...

Jul 3, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #596 of 1,416
Has anyone tried the D2 with the Auraliti pk90?? I wonder how that compares to the SBT EDO??

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #597 of 1,416
Has anyone tried the D2 with the Auraliti pk90?? I wonder how that compares to the SBT EDO??

Funny you should ask, I'm just about ready to order a PK90 myself in the next few weeks. I already got the NuForce LPS-1 power supply for it. Being realistic, a small but noteworthy improvement is all I'm shooting for, but I would welcome something more substantial of course. I'll report back when I have it all set up.

So after i decided to pick up the Anedio D2, i decided i would want to get a reference quality amp to go with it for my JH-13's. I instantly went and read the entire "The Wire" amp thread over at DIY audio, deciding that was probably the best possible amp for CIEMs. Well i then went and found the posts by viper in this thread about the headphone amp section thats built in, and the built in amp is basically a combination of the Bal-Bal and the Bal-Se The Wire amps, it uses the same amp as the Bal-Bal version, but it outputs a single ended signal, and the D2 is using the same LME49600 buffers as the The Wire amp, so im thinking that i would probably get almost no benefit out of building an external amp to use with it, this thing just gets better and better!

another question, anyone try any aftermarket power cords with this thing?

The D2 amp section is brilliant for IEMs. I use it with all my customs - leaving really nice stand alone amps with 4 figure price tags sitting there unused. There is just no better way, imo, to listen to a nice IEM than straight from the D2 headphone jack. And I love the ultra-precise volume adjustment too.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #598 of 1,416
Agreed, the D2's internal amp sounded fantastic with my Westone ES5's. I have issues with very little range on the volume knob, but sound wise, it's great! Since my primary phones are LCD's, I've left the amp in high gain mode, which is part of the problem.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #599 of 1,416
Quote:
I do not have D2 now but I will buy it when the next order is open.

However, is the D2 perform better in balance mode?

If the answer is yes, I will consider to buy a balance amp.

If the answer is no, I will stick with my current amp.

Please advice...

[size=14.0pt]Michaelc  ~[/size]

[size=14.0pt]I have not heard the D2 but I assume it would give its best performance in Balanced Mode.[/size]

[size=14.0pt]As per the Anedio website: “The balanced output is as pristine as it can get, fully preserving the differential path from the DAC chip to the output with minimal circuitry.”[/size]

Jul 3, 2012 at 11:22 PM Post #600 of 1,416
Quote:
Funny you should ask, I'm just about ready to order a PK90 myself in the next few weeks. I already got the NuForce LPS-1 power supply for it. Being realistic, a small but noteworthy improvement is all I'm shooting for, but I would welcome something more substantial of course. I'll report back when I have it all set up.
The D2 amp section is brilliant for IEMs. I use it with all my customs - leaving really nice stand alone amps with 4 figure price tags sitting there unused. There is just no better way, imo, to listen to a nice IEM than straight from the D2 headphone jack. And I love the ultra-precise volume adjustment too.

Awesome, I will look forward to that for sure. I can't remember if you tried the SBT EDO or not but do u expect an improvement (albeit small) over the SBT??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back