Anedio D2 DAC release
Jun 11, 2012 at 12:01 PM Post #556 of 1,416
I have an iDecco (same headphone stage as the Nova) and an Anedio D2.  Two of my favorite cans are the ATH-AD2000 and the ATH-W1000.  Though I can't claim to have ever heard the new W3000ANV, I'm probably familiar enough with the ATH house sound to give you some insights in making your choice.  PM me is you'd like to discuss further.

Jun 11, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #557 of 1,416
Ordered mine today!!!
beerchug.gif

Jun 12, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #560 of 1,416
Hi, other D2 owners. I own D2. But it seems not measurement data for my specific D2 unit now.
I remember that D1 owners said that the measurement data for their unit is shipped with the D1 together.

So, any other D2 owners received such measure data?

Jun 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM Post #561 of 1,416
I had the D1, and yes, it did come with individual measurements. I now have a D2 and it did not come with measurements. I suspect that James just found it too time consuming to provide them. He has been too busy with production. This is always a problem for small manufacturers. I am not concerned as it sounds magnificent and I am sure meets all specifications. Regards

Jun 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM Post #562 of 1,416
Quote:
I had the D1, and yes, it did come with individual measurements. I now have a D2 and it did not come with measurements. I suspect that James just found it too time consuming to provide them. He has been too busy with production. This is always a problem for small manufacturers. I am not concerned as it sounds magnificent and I am sure meets all specifications. Regards

This.

I think James switched from a "test every single unit before shipping it" method to a "test random samples from each batch to ensure quality" method. When you've got people ordering the product faster than you can possibly hope to build them, and you've never had issues with random quirks or underperforming individual samples, then it makes sense to discontinue the old practice. I admit that it was a nice feeling to have that printout in hand though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back