Anedio D2 DAC release
Jun 18, 2014 at 11:42 AM Post #1,352 of 1,416
headphones

Jul 10, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #1,354 of 1,416
Any point in bypassing any of the capacitors in the Anedio D2 with high quality film caps?? I'd be looking to increase the smoothness and/or warmth of the rear RCA outputs

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #1,355 of 1,416
Try messaging viper2001.

Jul 23, 2014 at 9:45 PM Post #1,357 of 1,416
  I have tried the built-in USB using the Vaunix hub (since it is, apparently, bus-powered) and the results are distinctly better than using S/PDIF with either of my converters. Very unexpected. The "thin" sound has gone. Totally the opposite of the Calyx, which also uses the XMOS chip. That sounded completely flat with the USB input. It now sounds more like the Calyx did when I used the Audiophilleo and Vaunix hub -- "lighter" than the Master 7.

With optical I believe I had to raise the volume at a higher level, but after I connected the usb and thought I had the volume at low level then to find out it was blasting.  Also, the treble doesn't sound thick and bright, it sounds tamed.  With the optical connection, the treble sounded disconnected from the upper mids, not much transition.  Then again, this is another day, and yesterday my ears could have been treble sensivite, but it was definately brighter than Hugo.  

Actually, it's still the same as yesterday, more treble forward than I like, must have been some placebo when I first heard it.

Dec 2, 2014 at 8:06 AM Post #1,360 of 1,416
890$ is freaking crazy. Shame they don't send overseas anymore. 

Dec 20, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #1,364 of 1,416
Anyone know if there is any plan to support DSD whether with this dac or a new model?

Dec 21, 2014 at 9:41 AM Post #1,365 of 1,416
  Anyone know if there is any plan to support DSD whether with this dac or a new model?

I recently shot an email to Anedio about future plans, so I'll post here if I get any info. I do recall they were planning for an eventual D3 version, which they realized would have to support DSD. But I don't know where it stands. They were really focusing most on their speaker amp, to replace the somewhat short lived A1. If it comes to fruition it will be a beast, fully discrete with some unique design aspects. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back