android vs. iphone for sound quailty?
Mar 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #62 of 135
My experience:

iTouch 4g  (jack): Just about listenable, but on a "premium" product I was expecting much better.
Archos 43 Internet Tablet (jack): Better than the iTouch, but breaks up if you use EQ and pump the bass to much. Surprisingly good treble extension.

iTouch (line out): With the right amp and phones - truly excellent portable source. It even makes mp3 sound good, but losless... wow!

Why Apple could not put a half decent amp stage in their product I don't know, they can't cost that much.

Mar 19, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #63 of 135
So does anyone know which Android phone has a powerful audio chip?  Maybe compareble to the bass power output of a Sony DAP. 

I have the Sony Xperia X10 and I find that the volume is to low and it distorts when the Bass is increased.

I just don't wish to spend money on another phone for good sound, just find that the bass output is crap.

Mar 19, 2011 at 5:37 PM Post #64 of 135
Well, the Galaxy s and Nexus S - they have this http://www.wolfsonmicro.com/products/audio_hubs/WM8994/ . And with the new voodoo sound kernel the sound is amazing! It now has headphone amplifier, FM radio optimizations for better radio sq, anti-jitter, d/a 128x oversampling, mono downmix and DAC direct, so now the headphone out can be used as line-out - just awesome stuff and awesome quality. I prefer it to my clip+ for music and just love it as a phone - well, I got drunk and dropped it (and while picking it up I fell on it) and messed up the screen a little bit LOL but I still love it.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #65 of 135

Quote:
yes, but i wanted the most super amoled.... that is why i dont even looked at something else,...

well if your really want amoled. what you can do is get the samsung galaxy s or nexus s. turn on airplane mode and buy a extended 3000mah battery.

Mar 20, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #67 of 135
Well, I think it will have the same wolfson chip as its smaller brothers - galaxy s and nexus s. Of course, it will be a better smartphone overall - bigger screen, dual-core orion chipset and more. 

Mar 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #69 of 135
samsung galaxy s was playing flacs, right?.....

and as an by the way, should i get the new samsung galaxy 2, or galaxy s, i mean are that upgrades so important, for games, videos and pictures?.... as we can overclock the samsung galaxy s processor to about 1.6 ghz processor.....

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #70 of 135
what would everyone recomend me to get between samsung galaxy s for 450$ and iphone 4 for 530$?.... consider that i need the device only for gaming, music, videos and pictures..... i love super amoled on galaxy s but i just was thinking about all games that are on the iphone 4......

even throught i think i will stick with samsung galaxy s.....

Mar 20, 2011 at 12:25 PM Post #71 of 135

Quote:
what would everyone recomend me to get between samsung galaxy s for 450$ and iphone 4 for 530$?.... consider that i need the device only for gaming, music, videos and pictures..... i love super amoled on galaxy s but i just was thinking about all games that are on the iphone 4......

even throught i think i will stick with samsung galaxy s.....

if you don't really need it right now. id wait for the iphone 5 and galaxy s 2 which will cost pretty close to those prices once they come out near summer. and if you don't want those, the iphone 4 and galaxy s will cost much cheaper by then.

Mar 20, 2011 at 2:06 PM Post #73 of 135
Well, I've had the galaxy s for 7-8 months and I love it but I'll still be buying the galaxy s 2 and suggest you wait for it. The galaxy s' cpu can be overclocked but it eats the battery like candy - dual-cores are much more optimized and preserve the battery. Also, 3.0+ versions of Android will be more optimized for dual-cores and your phone will probably be left without software updates, which happened to a lot of the older android phones. I heard there will be two galaxy s versions - one with orion chipset and one will tegra 2 and the tegra zone in the android market will be filled with cool games you won't be able to play with a single-core cpu, you also will get a better camera. You won't have to wait till the summer coz the galaxy s2 will be out in 2-3 weeks but I'm not sure what the pricing will be.
Also, the galaxy s2 will have a Super AMOLED plus screen which I heard will be better than the just a Super AMOLED screen without the "plus" LOL.

Mar 21, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #75 of 135
and the tegra zone in the android market will be filled with cool games you won't be able to play with a single-core cpu

That's highly debetable, it will almost certainly take months before the first apps to take advantage of dual core processors appear, and you can forget about games "you won't be able to play with a single-core cpu" appearing until at least the iphone 5 gets released. If you want to play games, go get a 3DS or wait for a NGP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back