android vs. iphone for sound quailty?
Feb 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #31 of 135
For what its worth, the Galaxy S (Captivate - Rogers 2.2) does have a very slight hint of harshness in my opinion (accentuates - but doesnt really reach the point of sibilance - will with RE0 when i get them back).
For syncing, I find using doubletwist airsync is amazing as it is done wirelessly (even better when use remote desktop to initiate doubletwist from your phone)

Feb 7, 2011 at 1:42 AM Post #32 of 135
Well, doubletwist ain't bad but I still prefer to just drag and drop the folders from my computer (or sometimes I use dropbox). I don't see why when I have all of my music managed in folders on my pc just the why I like it, I should bother with other applications - and I'm so glad that I don't have to use iTunes anymore. I like poweramp but I find the stock touchwiz music player pretty good, too. I don't need complexed EQ coz I like mine flat and, Ricardo - I don't see why the functionality blows? I can make playlists (well, maybe not in the fastest way but I don't make ones often), you can arrange your music by albums, artists, genres, composers, most played, recently played or added... and by folders, which is exactly what I want from a music player - to be able to play my music from the folders I've made on my pc.

Feb 7, 2011 at 2:42 AM Post #33 of 135
I have a Droid, and it is fantastic with PowerAmp. I don't like Apple audio products anymore... I'll continue to use my J3 thank you very much.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #34 of 135

Quote:
Oh, and to YMark - dude, you're probably talking about samsung galaxy i7500 and not about galaxy s, coz galaxy s' UI for music is very sleek and at least as good as the iphone's coverflow. And about battery life - I've been doing some headphone burn-in lately on my galaxy s and after 15 hours of non-stop sound it was still playing and I had like 30% battery life left.

I'm talking about the Vibrant, and the stock UI sucks. BTW, I'm running Team Whiskey's Nero 4.1 Froyo ROM.

Quote:
I agree with all of this but what app are you using for playing back your music?
I ask because the default music player funcionality blows. and what do you use to manage/sync your music to the phone (please, dont say drag and drop - life is too short to bother with drag and drop).

This, I agree with.

Feb 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #35 of 135
Voodoo sound + Captivate = 
L3000.gif

Love it 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #36 of 135
I had a tatoo but wasn't too happy with the standard music app, after rooting and changing a few things, ontop of downloading a new music app i have to say that the sound was really good, but then i dropped it and got a iphone4 which also has a good sound but not as nice as the tatoo had.

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #41 of 135
because the samsung i9000 for example has one of the best sound cards..... and is android....
it beats the iphone from far....
and iphone has that so much hated by me itunes....
it does not support nativley flac files, you must convert them into their own version of flac, alac.... alac is not the same thing after conversion, and the conversion lasts some time....

and for nokia, i never heard symbyan....

Feb 27, 2011 at 7:55 AM Post #42 of 135
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N91
http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-where-is-the-next-nokia-n91/

follow the above links to know more about n91 outstanding sq.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:28 AM Post #43 of 135

Quote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nokia_N91
http://blog.gsmarena.com/nokia-where-is-the-next-nokia-n91/

follow the above links to know more about n91 outstanding sq.

Yeah, n91 had pretty good sq but this is offtopic coz nokia is neither an iphone, nor an android phone. And also n91 was good for its time but it's definitely not better than the iphone or the high-end androids (read galaxy s lol). People prefer different sq, so I won't argue that n91 is worse or something but to "smash them all in sq" LOL, dude, you've got to be kidding. The frequency response of n91 proves that - it will probably be nice with some headphones that are lacking in the bass department but technically speaking the flatter response of iphone and galaxy s is better suited for a wider array of headphones. And don't get me started on the nokia's EQ.

Edit: I admit though that n91+ power mp3 is a pretty hard to beat combo.

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #44 of 135

Quote:
Yeah, n91 had pretty good sq but this is offtopic coz nokia is neither an iphone, nor an android phone. And also n91 was good for its time but it's definitely not better than the iphone or the high-end androids (read galaxy s lol). People prefer different sq, so I won't argue that n91 is worse or something but to "smash them all in sq" LOL, dude, you've got to be kidding. The frequency response of n91 proves that - it will probably be nice with some headphones that are lacking in the bass department but technically speaking the flatter response of iphone and galaxy s is better suited for a wider array of headphones. And don't get me started on the nokia's EQ.

frequency response is not the best representation of sq. By frequency curve the clip plus had to be best sq dap,, but it is not. You should try it before making that comment and i suppose you have not read those links?????

Feb 27, 2011 at 8:46 AM Post #45 of 135
Yeah, I've read the links and I've owned the phone. I've been a pretty hardcore nokia fan till I got my Galaxy S last summer and as I said in my previous comment I'm not saying the n91 is worse - it's just not so good that to "smash" in the sq department everything else. I also said that n91 using power mp3 instead of the built-in player is something that is hard to beat. I admit that I'm fan of the analytical sq and prefer flat frequency response and agree that frequency response and sq are highly subjective. I'm not bashing the phone or sth - it's very good in sq (if you're prefer warmer sound) but definitely not smashing everything in sq.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back