Android phones and USB DACs
Jul 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #5,086 of 9,526
Chord Hugo USB DAC/amp & Samsung Galaxy SIII:
http://www.custom-cable.co.uk/blog/chord-electronics-hugo-review/

"... During these few weeks I loaded a few of the same albums to my Galaxy SIII and played back direct to the high resolution input on the Hugo. If honest I could hear some differences when using my phone instead of the computer but I would say that it wasn’t huge. Soundstage appeared a little more muddied and not quite as accurate. I guess this is solely down to the transport used..."

Jul 16, 2014 at 8:50 PM Post #5,088 of 9,526
Anyone knows if Poweramp can interwork with UAPP? I really dont like the UI of UAPP.

im using SGS5 btw.

Jul 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #5,089 of 9,526
Anyone knows if Poweramp can interwork with UAPP? I really dont like the UI of UAPP.

im using SGS5 btw.

Hi knights, poweramp doesn't interwork with uapp, because uapp uses his own audio driver.

Installing CM11 or paranoid (some tweak are needed) you will be able to use poweramp, neutron, soundcloud... etc without any issue

Jul 17, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #5,090 of 9,526
Motorola Moto G 8GB 4G (latest model with microSD card and 4G support) running on 4.4.3
- USB OTG recognizes USB flash drives
- USB OTG with IFI Nano iDSD requires UAPP, but works
- USB OTG -> non powered USB HUB -> USB flash drive and IFI Nano iDSD  is a no go, both flash drive and iDSD are not recognized.

Jul 17, 2014 at 6:48 AM Post #5,092 of 9,526
Can somone recommend a good, short, Micro USB OTG Male to USB Standard B cable?
I found the discussion on this cable earleir in this thread but no clear answer. 

Using this would mean ditching one cable in the chain from Android phone to USB DAC, right? 
Found this one on DX.com but it is sold out and I don't know about quality and ground pin (required OTG capabilities to be used as a transport to the USB DAC)

Jul 17, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #5,093 of 9,526
  Can somone recommend a good, short, Micro USB OTG Male to USB Standard B cable?
I found the discussion on this cable earleir in this thread but no clear answer. 

Using this would mean ditching one cable in the chain from Android phone to USB DAC, right? 
Found this one on DX.com but it is sold out and I don't know about quality and ground pin (required OTG capabilities to be used as a transport to the USB DAC)

forza audioworks made me a lovely one, Matthew (MATIZ on head-fi) does great work

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:35 PM Post #5,095 of 9,526
  forza audioworks made me a lovely one, Matthew (MATIZ on head-fi) does great work

This is indeed looking great, using it with the iDSD Nano?
Can't find it on their website in this size though, would you mind sharing with us what you paid for it? 

Jul 17, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #5,096 of 9,526
Jul 17, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #5,097 of 9,526
Look at the logo... XDD

Yes, is a clear micro to mini forza audioworks lod. I hope to receive soon the theorem 720 and the 1964 ears V8 that I ordered last month. Will post the impressions as soon as possible xDD

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #5,098 of 9,526
redface.gif
 My mistake, thanks again. 

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:27 PM Post #5,099 of 9,526
  This is indeed looking great, using it with the iDSD Nano?
Can't find it on their website in this size though, would you mind sharing with us what you paid for it? 

Contact Mathew either via the website form or on here, he will help you out.  It was a while ago and prices change. Here is what I bought:

Copper Series Android LOD Mk2 S3 micro-B to USB B, sleeved 

It's amazing quality and wasn't that expensive.

Yep, iDSD - love it! 

Jul 17, 2014 at 3:51 PM Post #5,100 of 9,526
Will do, Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back