Android phones and USB DACs
Dec 20, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #5,926 of 9,526
Just downloaded this one and had a quick test run. It works well enough with iFi iDSD nano, but still no volume control from the phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII). The LHlabs Geek Out is not recognised at all by the phone with the newer version, which was the case with version 1.01. I will charge the SIII and try again later.

Try this one please:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/iax9eltz3cp9wc0/HibyMusic_v1.1.apk

Thanks!

Dec 20, 2014 at 2:54 PM Post #5,927 of 9,526
I am looking for a phone to listen HQ audio files. I am about to get Note 3. Is it good out of the box listening? Because I heard rumors that it ordinally doesn't have Wolfson DAC.

How about LG G3. What phone would you recommend for DT440? Or should I get Win8 tablet with full size USB? 

Thanks

Dec 20, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #5,928 of 9,526
fanoble:
  Sorry for the wrong URL, I have made a mistake
frown.gif

Here is the right one:

Hi - just downloaded the new one and it will not install due to a ' Parse error '. I have tried a few times and get the same error message: ' There was a problem while parsing the package '.

Dec 20, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #5,929 of 9,526
Just downloaded this one and had a quick test run. It works well enough with iFi iDSD nano, but still no volume control from the phone (Samsung Galaxy SIII). The LHlabs Geek Out is not recognised at all by the phone with the newer version, which was the case with version 1.01. I will charge the SIII and try again later.

Try this one please:

Thanks!

I tried it ( actually I think it was the one I had already installed, but I uninstalled the old one and tried the file from your link anyway. ) no success there either. Then I tried the old version 1.01 again. It worked like a charm, without volume control off course. So I am keeping the old version for the time being.

Thanks for your interest anyway. In case you need to know I am running android 4.3 stock ROM on a Samsung Galaxy S3.

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:39 AM Post #5,930 of 9,526
Try this one please:

Thanks!

Thanks for this link works great now with AQ dragonfly v1.2 and my htc one mini.

I tried it with AQ dragonfly v1.0 and not working. I emailed developer. I need to get into the DSP output and configure it to use the AQ dragonfly 24bit 96000Hz output cause at the 44.1khz the AQ dragonfly v1 does not like it.
I also prefer to output at the max 24bit 96000Hz for the audioquest dragonfly v1.2 so if Hiby you reading this please make those options available in the config page of the app.

I can achieve this with win 7, maiko and winamp and wasapi which works both on the AQ dragonfly v1 and v1.2 in the 24bit 96000Hz mode.

Thnx
X

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:28 AM Post #5,931 of 9,526
Thanks for this link works great now with AQ dragonfly v1.2 and my htc one mini.

I tried it with AQ dragonfly v1.0 and not working. I emailed developer. I need to get into the DSP output and configure it to use the AQ dragonfly 24bit 96000Hz output cause at the 44.1khz the AQ dragonfly v1 does not like it.
I also prefer to output at the max 24bit 96000Hz for the audioquest dragonfly v1.2 so if Hiby you reading this please make those options available in the config page of the app.

I can achieve this with win 7, maiko and winamp and wasapi which works both on the AQ dragonfly v1 and v1.2 in the 24bit 96000Hz mode.

Thnx
X

Do you use android 4/5 ? Software like winamp and some others use stock usb audio drivers and cannot ouput upper than 16/44 48.

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/Android5USB.html

USB audio resolution on Android devices using USB Audio Recorder Pro/Hiby and soon ONKYO HF app up to 24/192

Dec 21, 2014 at 3:51 AM Post #5,932 of 9,526

Onkyo reveals HF Player Android version.
Same functionality to iOS version PLUS app internal driver like UAPP that ensures hires output. That is call ONKYO USB HF Driver. This internal driver allows 352kHz/24 PCM and native DSD via DoP.

I suppose that the Onkyo USB HF Driver is included in a new version of the Onkyo HF Player.

The latest version (1.0.0) available on Google Play store doesn't have the Onkyo USB HF Driver.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/595071/android-phones-and-usb-dacs/5535#post_10972631

Where can we get the new version of the Onkyo HF Player?
Thanks

I never managed to make this one work. Both my portable days are simply ignored. Maybe in a future upgrade.

Dec 21, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #5,933 of 9,526
Do you use android 4/5 ? Software like winamp and some others use stock usb audio drivers and cannot ouput upper than 16/44 48.

http://www.extreamsd.com/USBAudioRecorderPRO/Android5USB.html

USB audio resolution on Android devices using USB Audio Recorder Pro/Hiby and soon ONKYO HF app up to 24/192

Well hiby should aim for 48 output sampling rate as that works with the audioquest dragonfly v1.0

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #5,934 of 9,526
Hibymusic works fine with a Hifimediy DAC U2 asynch.
There is no analog volume control on the Hifimediy U2 async so it's a numeric control : I hope hibymusic works on 24 bits with the DAC.

bug :

-Volume keys are ok but don't work when the equalizer is on the screen.
-When you open hibymusic, volume is at 100%.For DAc without analog control volume, it will be better to run hibymusic with 25% or the last volume registred.
-With my ZTE V965 smartphone, I have to uninstall last hibymusic version before installing the new one. instead of hibymusic crashes when runing a music.

sry for my english again.

Dec 21, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #5,935 of 9,526
-With my ZTE V965 smartphone, I have to uninstall last hibymusic version before installing the new one. instead of hibymusic crashes when runing a music.

sry for my english again.

I had the same problem too. 

Dec 22, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #5,938 of 9,526
Hey all! 

Recently went from the Note 2 to the Note 4. Saw my old USB host adapter and thought I'd just give it "a go". Sure enough Note 4 works fine over USB with my emotiva DC-1. Used the stock music player and Xbox music streaming service. Pretty cool! 

EDIT: Also tried it with my Fiio X5. Works fine there too. That's super handy! 

Dec 23, 2014 at 7:13 PM Post #5,940 of 9,526
Ok communicated with Hiby and the next version should have software support for changing sampling rate..

Wooooooooooooooot :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back