Android phones and USB DACs
Sep 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #362 of 9,526
I have read few topics related to Galaxy S2 having the ability to output sound through usb so we can use an external DAC. Mostly those threads are filled with to much technical terms which i cant quite understand. So simply, can galaxy s2 (at&t i777) be used with an external dac or not?

Sep 25, 2012 at 12:58 PM Post #363 of 9,526
Quote:
I have read few topics related to Galaxy S2 having the ability to output sound through usb so we can use an external DAC. Mostly those threads are filled with to much technical terms which i cant quite understand. So simply, can galaxy s2 (at&t i777) be used with an external dac or not?

probably needs a custom ROM. So you need to mod it.

Sep 25, 2012 at 2:56 PM Post #364 of 9,526
Samsung Galaxy S III & xDuoo XP-1 USB DAC/amp:
http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.erji.net/read.php%3Ftid%3D1320392&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxduoo%2Bxp1%26hl%3Dfr%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D655%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=wa1kUM-ZHMHJ0AWoyIHYBA&ved=0CDwQ7gEwAg

http://translate.google.fr/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-CN&u=http://www.xduoo.com/xduoo/ProductShow.asp%3Fid%3D47&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dxduoo%2Bxp1%26hl%3Dfr%26biw%3D1366%26bih%3D655%26prmd%3Dimvns&sa=X&ei=pZ9kUPqQB4nM0QXl9ICIDQ&ved=0CF0Q7gEwBg

stock Galaxy S III > digital USB audio out >> xDuoo XP-1 >> headphones

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:19 AM Post #367 of 9,526
An iTune substitute for Android ?

OK, here is a newbee question: I am indeed migrating from iOS to Android because the iPhone/ipad don't offer MicroSD extension for my +1000 looseless albums and because... i am feed-up with the constraints that Apple put on us.

So... welcome android !   Welcome Galaxy S3 or/and Note 2 with.... 64 Go internal +64 Go MicroSD + External DAC/Amp.

But... even if I hate the obligation to use iTune for sync of photo, aps... I have to admit that is is very convenient to be able to Store/organise/clean-up his big audio library on a PC/Mac before sending it to the portable device.

My questions:
- With an android device, how can I manage my BIG music collection on my MacBook before I send it to the various Android devices ?   I want to be able to set-up and organise play lists...

- I have spent a considerable amount of time to tune-up my iTune librairy (finding illustrations for new or mixed albums, rewriting the missing names, organizing several big play lists...), so is there a way to recover all this iTune work when I transfert my music library to Android ?

Thanks in advance

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:25 AM Post #368 of 9,526
Quote:

OK, here is a newbee question: I am indeed migrating from iOS to Android because the iPhone/ipad don't offer MicroSD extension for my +1000 looseless albums and because... i am feed-up with the constraints that Apple put on us.

So... welcome android !   Welcome Galaxy S3 or/and Note 2 with.... 64 Go internal +64 Go MicroSD + External DAC/Amp.

But... even if I hate the obligation to use iTune for sync of photo, aps... I have to admit that is is very convenient to be able to Store/organise/clean-up his big audio library on a PC/Mac before sending it to the portable device.

My questions:
- With an android device, how can I manage my BIG music collection on my MacBook before I send it to the various Android devices ?   I want to be able to set-up and organise play lists...

- I have spent a considerable amount of time to tune-up my iTune librairy (finding illustrations for new or mixed albums, rewriting the missing names, organizing several big play lists...), so is there a way to recover all this iTune work when I transfert my music library to Android ?

Thanks in advance

To Support Lossless nativeley, Not sure it is possible. With that said, I am in the process of uploading just a measly 3700 lossless songs to Google play. Google Play will convert them to 320Kb/s MP3 and also find the album art. Google play of course can be accessed by any device. On Android it uses the Google play application. On anything else, through the web. Yes it will stream the 320Kb/S MP3 without an issue.

Sep 27, 2012 at 3:33 AM Post #369 of 9,526
Quote:

My questions:

Thanks in advance

MusicBee for Windows is a great music organizer much like iTunes . I use it myself, although i don't sync my android phone with it, im almost 100% certain it supports it.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #370 of 9,526
Quote:

My questions:

Thanks in advance

MusicBee for Windows is a great music organizer much like iTunes . I use it myself, although i don't sync my android phone with it, im almost 100% certain it supports it.

I second that, best music organiser out there period. Slaughters iTunes like a bunch of Beats followers in front of me when... insert situation

But he said macbook.... no idea.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #371 of 9,526
Quote:

I second that, best music organiser out there period. Slaughters iTunes like a bunch of Beats followers in front of me when... insert situation

But he said macbook.... no idea.

Oh missed that part. Yeah no clue..

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #372 of 9,526
Quote:

+1

I switched from iPhone to Android phone. 
The Galaxy S3 is my 1st Android device. So far, so good: standard USB audio, large memory storage, large display screen and still quite pocketable.

I keep using iTunes for the time being by simply copying iTunes music files from Windows to the Android music directory. May be, I will test other Android-oriented music management software.
And the Android Neutron player software can play ALAC lossless files.

Sep 27, 2012 at 9:42 AM Post #373 of 9,526
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks!

Sep 27, 2012 at 10:30 AM Post #374 of 9,526
Ok, tanks à lot.
But ... How do you i keept the original playlists that i have created under iTune ? Since à song can be on several playlists, it Will BE copied several Times if i just copy each playlist one by one to the Android device or to the new music manager ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back