Android: Neutron Music Player
Apr 19, 2022 at 1:52 PM Post #1,126 of 1,374
Apr 24, 2022 at 7:41 PM Post #1,127 of 1,374
Need Instructions :
For the life in me, I can not get the network to work on Neutron.
- Network is enabled.
- in media library adding a network drive never works.
- I have tried adding by IP
- with or without smb:// or 255.255.255.0
-username and password
it accepts the parameters , but remains dead and won't access the smb drive on my windows server.
on contrast, on UAPP adding smb was a dodle !
I only got UAPP to have equalizer facility on Qobuz ( are you listening developers? @dmitrykos )not interested in mqa , but network and streaming services integration should be a must these days.
Not easy to carry terabytes with you.
How to add a Windows Network Shared Music folder to Neutron Media Library.

Eureka!

Since Neutron Developers been busy :smiling_imp: and those who replied were of no help, I searched and found the way to do it!
- It seems that Neutron can read Samba networks (Edit: can read Samba 1 only) (I discovered that by accident) , we need to set up a Samba (smb) network on a Windows platform, and then create a specific shared folder to put all our Music in. We could in theory add this Shared Folder to Media Library in Neutron, and stream our music to it. No need to carry Terabytes of storage with our mobile phones or tablets.
Detailed Instructions:
It is a little complicated, but very do-able, fret not, just follow step by step instructions here
1- We need to enable Samba feature on our Windows machine first.
Go to Search and type Turn Windows Features , when the option is found click on it.
Scroll down to this, and tick them:

windows-10-smb-1.png

Click OK to accept the change, wait for it to finish, Restart Windows.
After Windows restarts, go to Search again and type CMD, Right-Click on CMD and Run as Administrator.
Copy this line and paste it into the command line:
DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:SMB1Protocol
Hit Enter.
Wait for confirmation and close the window.
Samba server feature is now enabled.
2- Now we need to create our specific music Shared folder.
Locate your Music folder of choice and Right-Click on it, choose Properties and go to Sharing Tab.

1650842448929.png

In the middle of the box, click on Advanced Sharing.
Tick on Share This Folder and click on Permissions.

1650842640990.png

Remove Everyone !
Click Add and in the box that appears click Advanced. (bottom left)

1650842760764.png

Click Find Now button (Middle right) , in the box below, choose a password enabled account.

1650842951370.png

Click OK to choose it and close the boxes.
3- You are almost done!
- Goto your Neutron, navigate to Media Library, tap on Sources click + and then tap on Network .
Click
+ to add a network location, Here you have to give it the Network location (either \\ computer name or IP address), Username and Password for the Password enabled account you chose at folder sharing.

1650843486361.png

Tap on Check - now your network location should appear under Network.
Tap on it, it will see the network, you can add your Network Music Folder to the Media Library.
You are Done!
Enjoy you music.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 5:42 AM Post #1,128 of 1,374
How to add a Windows Network Shared Music folder to Neutron Media Library.

Eureka!

Since Neutron Developers been busy :smiling_imp: and those who replied were of no help, I searched and found the way to do it!
- It seems that Neutron can read Samba networks (I discovered that by accident) , we need to set up a Samba (smb) network on a Windows platform, and then create a specific shared folder to put all our Music in. We could in theory add this Shared Folder to Media Library in Neutron, and stream our music to it. No need to carry Terabytes of storage with our mobile phones or tablets.
Detailed Instructions:
It is a little complicated, but very do-able, fret not, just follow step by step instructions here
1- We need to enable Samba feature on our Windows machine first.
Go to Search and type Turn Windows Features , when the option is found click on it.
Scroll down to this, and tick
UPDATE & BUG REPORT
- Ultimately there is a Flaw in Neutron , although the above system works to begin with, But at times it is slow to reconnect.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #1,129 of 1,374
Another feature requests:

- Automatic pitch correction for all tracks, like Normalization does with volume matching.
or if it's too complicated, add option to have selected pitch applied automatically for tracks which we select.
F.e, I have 1 track which needs -100 cents pitch correction and I have to turn on pitcher every time when track plays.
If the mentioned feature gets implemented, me & other users who would not need to apply pitcher every time when that ''problematic'' track plays.

- Surround for headphones using binaural impulse responses recorded with generic head:
https://github.com/ShanonPearce/ASH-IR-Dataset

It supports up to 7.1 configuration. It's the best one so far compared to OOYH, HeSuVi & others. It doesn't alter the frequency response of the headphones (when using Inverse Room filter) & localization + soundstage is much better. Especially with surround recorded tracks (Steven Wilson recorded tracks f.e.). I find the 1st room (Calypso room) to be the best as it does not have too much reverb compared to others. It solves the problem of headphones with lack of crossfeed, slight reverb & lack of tactile feedback caused by how our body reacts to the felt soundwaves.

@dmitrykos

Last edited:
May 1, 2022 at 3:55 PM Post #1,132 of 1,374
using version 2.19.5 i can use flawlessly dsd128 on my m15. if i upgrade to 2.20 i get horrible hissimg at random. i reinstalled the older version a d it now works. please fix this bug, i love all to dsd.
Also, using multithreadimg yealds LOWER perfomance when converting to dsdit seems illogical, probable bug?

May 1, 2022 at 3:59 PM Post #1,133 of 1,374
using version 2.19.5 i can use flawlessly dsd128 on my m15. if i upgrade to 2.20 i get horrible hissimg at random. i reinstalled the older version a d it now works. please fix this bug, i love all to dsd.
Also, using multithreadimg yealds LOWER perfomance when converting to dsdit seems illogical, probable bug?

May 1, 2022 at 6:02 PM Post #1,135 of 1,374
I can confirm that 64 bits and OSx16 is glitchy on N8ii even after root.

Also, no PCM to nativeDSD 256x either
Try if you can find it version 2.19.5, it fixed the issue on the M15, will wait for next upgrade.

May 1, 2022 at 6:40 PM Post #1,136 of 1,374
Tested again, tried 2.20.0, all to DSD 128 glitches horribly after a short time. After going back to 2.19.5, it works perfectly.
Please look into this bug, i think all to DSD and oversampling have similar issues on 2.20.0

Jun 19, 2022 at 2:51 AM Post #1,138 of 1,374
As, for a few weeks, I have loads of drops with Neutron Player set in DLNA receiver mode, I suppose there was a background update done on my andoid samung Z Fold or Fiio M17...
I tried to uninstall or reinstall but still many drops, which makes it unusable as DLNA receiver.
Does somebody know where we can download the last Neutron Player build for android ?

Jun 19, 2022 at 4:41 PM Post #1,139 of 1,374
As, for a few weeks, I have loads of drops with Neutron Player set in DLNA receiver mode, I suppose there was a background update done on my andoid samung Z Fold or Fiio M17...
I tried to uninstall or reinstall but still many drops, which makes it unusable as DLNA receiver.
Does somebody know where we can download the last Neutron Player build for android ?
Are you looking for the second most recent build (2.20.2) or the most recent one (2.20.3)?
Only the most recent builds are here on Neutron MP's site.
There's also a repository of earlier builds on 4PDA forum, and I'm guessing you need the one for 64-bit ARM CPU's...
If you need the latter, I can mirror it here.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2022 at 1:02 AM Post #1,140 of 1,374
Are you looking for the second most recent build (2.20.2) or the most recent one (2.20.3)?
Only the most recent builds are here on Neutron MP's site.
There's also a repository of earlier builds on 4PDA forum, and I'm guessing you need the one for 64-bit ARM CPU's...
If you need the latter, I can mirror it here.

It seems I already have 2.20.3 in my devices and there are some severe drops issues with all of them when I use Neutron as dlna renderer for foobar2000 (on my workstations)..
I just can imagine that those drops issues came with 2.20.2 as it seems there were some changes done in Neutron "infinite duration not detected in case of Foobar2000 UPnP streaming via WAV." (no idea if it's really concerned or not), but for months it was rendering like a charm.

So maybe I must find a 2.20.1 .. or, I should just wait the new issue to be fixed with Neutron in a future version 2.20.4 ?
Till then, I will use UAPP or Bubbleupnp (as DLNA renderers), as they seem to be stable with foobar2000 on my workstations (office and home) .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back