Android: Neutron Music Player
Mar 10, 2024 at 5:25 AM Post #1,367 of 1,374
Just found that after updating, Neutron Music Player can see the SD card, and the music folders, in my LG V60 - but it doesn't see any tracks when scanning the music folders.

Mar 10, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #1,368 of 1,374
Just found that after updating, Neutron Music Player can see the SD card, and the music folders, in my LG V60 - but it doesn't see any tracks when scanning the music folders.
Did it make you go through the system file picker to grant access to the folder?
Also, play store or generic apk, which do you use?

Mar 10, 2024 at 4:25 PM Post #1,369 of 1,374
Did it make you go through the system file picker to grant access to the folder?
Also, play store or generic apk, which do you use?

On my devices (including the LG V60), I've always installed Neutron from the Play Store - and this is the first time I've had an issue with the Library "disappearing", and failing to scan.

UPDATE: I uninstalled, and then reinstalled Neutron from the Play Store - without selecting "Clear Data" in App Info -> Storage. When I launched Neutron, the Library was back to being visible --- for a while ... and then it disappeared again. So, I uninstalled Neutron once more, downloaded the .apk from their website, and installed that one. Now, the Library seems to remain visible, and I can play tracks.

I'm fairly certain that it's the Google SAF issue, with the LG V60 having Android 13, whereas all of my other music playing devices have older Android versions.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:38 AM Post #1,370 of 1,374
I have a strange issue with Neutron: when using a Neutron player from my Android phone to any dap or dac/amp with different usb-c cables I get a high frequencies distortion with all of my headphones (this is happening only when I'm trying to turn up the volume to louder levels) on any of my daps/dac-amps. It does not happen when I'm using Usb Audio Player Pro or any other software player from my phone :/ I like the sound quality from Neutron the most, but sadly this issue won't let me enjoy my music. I'm using Neutron for a couple years and there were 0 problems before :/

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:50 AM Post #1,371 of 1,374
I have a strange issue with Neutron: when using a Neutron player from my Android phone to any dap or dac/amp with different usb-c cables I get a high frequencies distortion with all of my headphones (this is happening only when I'm trying to turn up the volume to louder levels) on any of my daps/dac-amps. It does not happen when I'm using Usb Audio Player Pro or any other software player from my phone :/ I like the sound quality from Neutron the most, but sadly this issue won't let me enjoy my music. I'm using Neutron for a couple years and there were 0 problems before :/
Did you try clearing cache and then reinstalling the app?

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:53 AM Post #1,372 of 1,374
Check your preamp setting. If it is hidden and is set to a positive value, this very thing happens.
Also check your eq settings, for similar issues.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:15 AM Post #1,373 of 1,374
Apr 22, 2024 at 8:22 AM Post #1,374 of 1,374
Neat!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back