Android: Neutron Music Player
Apr 14, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #1,111 of 1,374
Question & feature request:

What happens if track has dithering already applied, either in DAW plugins, either in post processing?

Does Neutron apply Dithering in this case (as it has no algorithm to detect that) or it smartly avoids it?
Double dithering increases noise, which is something that needs to be avoided from what I learnt.
Dithering is already applied when using PCM to DSD so I guess that is not avoidable when using that function I guess.

Another thing is that headphone presets from AutoEQ using oratory1990 measurements should be replaced by oratory1990 measurements directly from himself as they are more accurate. They are not the same as AutoEQ uses computerized measurements for people that need impulse response .wavs while oratory1990 only has parametric eq as an option.
Also, I would appreciate the option of OptimumHiFi EQ presets as they are basically the Harman tuning without bass boost and it sounds more neutral to my and some peoples ears. Harman bass sounds boomy to me.

I know that we can copy EQ parameters itself, but it would be nice to add these features to make app easier to use imo.

As always, thanks for making this amazingly optimized app for audio enthusiasts.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #1,112 of 1,374
Need Instructions :
For the life in me, I can not get the network to work on Neutron.
- Network is enabled.
- in media library adding a network drive never works.
- I have tried adding by IP
- with or without smb:// or 255.255.255.0
-username and password
it accepts the parameters , but remains dead and won't access the smb drive on my windows server.
on contrast, on UAPP adding smb was a dodle !
I only got UAPP to have equalizer facility on Qobuz ( are you listening developers? @dmitrykos )not interested in mqa , but network and streaming services integration should be a must these days.
Not easy to carry terabytes with you.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 2:28 AM Post #1,113 of 1,374
Need Instructions :
For the life in me, I can not get the network to work on Neutron.
- Network is enabled.
- in media library adding a network drive never works.
- I have tried adding by IP
- with or without smb:// or 255.255.255.0
-username and password
it accepts the parameters , but remains dead and won't access the smb drive on my windows server.
on contrast, on UAPP adding smb was a dodle !
I only got UAPP to have equalizer facility on Qobuz ( are you listening developers? @dmitrykos )not interested in mqa , but network and streaming services integration should be a must these days.
Not easy to carry terabytes with you.

Neutron is working fine with loads of upnpservers (Minimserver, Music Station, Kodi, Foobar2000, Bubbleupnp, Mconnect...) and with bubbleupnp server on top of these, it's also working fine with both LAN or WAN access.
Then, with any android 10+ DAP => PoweramEQ and Wavelet are working fine to EQ Qobuz and AmazonMusic HD native Apps.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2022 at 3:18 AM Post #1,114 of 1,374
Neutron is working fine with loads of upnpservers (Minimserver, Music Station, Kodi, Foobar2000, Bubbleupnp, Mconnect...) and with bubbleupnp server on top of these, it's also working fine with both LAN or WAN access.
Then, with any android 10+ DAP => PoweramEQ and Wavelet are working fine to EQ Qobuz and AmazonMusic HD native Apps.
I was not bitching about Neutron , it is my favorite !
But integration with streaming services would be a big plus.
I need to access a simple shared folder on my home network through Neutron .
No upnp or that kind of networking.
Just access to a shared drive.

Apr 17, 2022 at 6:20 AM Post #1,115 of 1,374
Ok will borrow your phrase:
"For the life of me", WHEN can we have the UI UPGRADE?

User (on and off because of UI) since 2012.

Apr 17, 2022 at 7:16 AM Post #1,116 of 1,374
I just got used to the UI.
don't touch it, or I have to learn again.:sweat:
just tell me how to access my shared drive.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 12:54 AM Post #1,117 of 1,374
@dmitrykos had once mentioned that he may be thinking about changing the UI of the upnp browser

Apr 18, 2022 at 2:24 AM Post #1,118 of 1,374
I was not bitching about Neutron , it is my favorite !
But integration with streaming services would be a big plus.
I need to access a simple shared folder on my home network through Neutron .
No upnp or that kind of networking.
Just access to a shared drive.
As UAPP or Bubbleupnp do not allow storing offline music playlists from providers like Qobuz and Tidal..... It can't help to avoid native Qobuz's APP..
As bubbleupnp allow to send to Neutron, set as Dlna Renderer, Qobuz music for EQ, it's not a real issue for offline streaming music.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 7:08 AM Post #1,119 of 1,374
As UAPP or Bubbleupnp do not allow storing offline music playlists from providers like Qobuz and Tidal..... It can't help to avoid native Qobuz's APP..
As bubbleupnp allow to send to Neutron, set as Dlna Renderer, Qobuz music for EQ, it's not a real issue for offline streaming music.
OK, the hell with streaming services.
Can Neuron access an SMB network drive or not?
if it can, can someone give me instructions please, I have tried and failed.

Apr 18, 2022 at 12:22 PM Post #1,121 of 1,374
Mine works fine. It is pretty straightforward, start with “media library” ….setup button, network or dlna, you should see your server there.
And I don't!
I have no DLNA nor do I want one.
Before you blame my network, I did say UAPP has no problem seeing my network, connecting to it , scanning it and adding it to media library and playing from it.
On Neutron:
- User Interface > Optional features > Network is enabled.
- Media library > Sources > + > Network > Network View > I get two entries:
....- Wlan0 > I only see my TV listed (but there is no music)
....- rmnt0 > nothing in there and the IP address is wrong anyway
- Under Network > + > given correct IP address, username and password, does create an entry, but tapping on it does nothing, remains dead

I can not see my network on my Android phone through Neutron ONLY!
Even a simple file explorer on the same phone has no issue seeing and connecting to my network.
IT IS NOT THE DEVICE, IT IS NEUTRON OR I DON'T KNOW HOW TO SET IT UP.

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2022 at 2:44 PM Post #1,122 of 1,374
Apr 18, 2022 at 3:13 PM Post #1,123 of 1,374

Users who are viewing this thread

Back