Android: Neutron Music Player
Jun 17, 2021 at 10:53 AM Post #1,021 of 1,375
Yes, it would be great. They could also communicate with me regarding it. Other DAPs do not experience such issue. According to the logcat logs media button events start going into Cayin's player/media core once display is switched off, so the easy fix would be not to change routing of media button events when screen goes off and when active music player is holding the audio focus.
The problem has been fixed, thank you. It turns out it was just an odd setting on the Cayin's setting panel that was misleading.

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #1,022 of 1,375
Would you please share 2 consecutive DSFs with obvious clicks between them so that it would be possible to debug the issue (e-mail to neutronmp@gmail.com).

The problem seems to have worked itself out...I was listening to a Bob Dylan DSF file this morning, which totally froze up with digital noise, and crashed the program. When I rebooted, all of the music from my 2nd SD card was missing from the Neutron library. I did a rescan, and now DSF files seems to playing smooth again.

Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch!

Jun 17, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #1,023 of 1,375
The problem seems to have worked itself out...I was listening to a Bob Dylan DSF file this morning, which totally froze up with digital noise, and crashed the program. When I rebooted, all of the music from my 2nd SD card was missing from the Neutron library. I did a rescan, and now DSF files seems to playing smooth again.

Hopefully it was just a temporary glitch!

@dmitrykos I spoke too soon, just had the issue appear again. It is random, so sending you two files won't do any good - because there's no telling when it's going to happen. It is quite a loud pop that is really jarring to the ears.

Jun 17, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #1,024 of 1,375
@dmitrykos I spoke too soon, just had the issue appear again. It is random, so sending you two files won't do any good - because there's no telling when it's going to happen. It is quite a loud pop that is really jarring to the ears.
The file itself maybe corrupted .
delete it, and copy it back from your PC again.
good luck.

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:02 PM Post #1,026 of 1,375
Thanks - but it's random and happens from various albums. Not finding the issue in UAPP - sucks, because I prefer Neutron!
try this for nothing.
under audio hardware, reduce software latency to min. and increase hardware latency to max. click OK.
see how you go.
Are you decoding DSD in Neutron, or are you sending it to your DAC direct?

Jun 17, 2021 at 4:58 PM Post #1,027 of 1,375
try this for nothing.
under audio hardware, reduce software latency to min. and increase hardware latency to max. click OK.
see how you go.
Are you decoding DSD in Neutron, or are you sending it to your DAC direct?
Hey!

You may have solved my issue - I'm using a FiiO M11, so I believe it's a direct hardware decode with the DAP. I'm just testing out your solution right now - and so far so good.
Thank you!

Jun 17, 2021 at 6:13 PM Post #1,029 of 1,375
I have another question - is it possible to make the volume slider go away when I'm adjusting the volume?
I think that's an Android thing!
workaround is, give the volume one quick click, Android volume shows up momentarily , then goes away and won't come back.
alternatively , use the slider in eq. screen.

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #1,030 of 1,375
Hello,

I'm a long time UAPP user on my mobile device for streaming Qobuz however I have just bought a modern chromebook that permits certain apps to work.

UAPP can't be loaded onto the chromebook however I see Neutron can be downloaded.

Can I get Neutron to play Qobuz via my external dac to bypass android 48khz resampling (like UAPP does on mobile) and if so could somebody kindly link me to the process I need to go through please?

Thanks!

Jun 18, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #1,031 of 1,375
Have any of you found a setting, that prevents Neutron from turning on by itself, as soon as you establish a bluetooth connection?

There is no such setting currently. This launch is caused by the OS when it tries to connect to the Media Browser service of the app when BT connection is established (probably to provide media info to the destination BT device). This service is required for Android app if it supports Android Auto. It is in to-do to add an option to reject such connection attempts and to avoid launch of the player's core process.

Jun 18, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #1,032 of 1,375
Hello,

I'm a long time UAPP user on my mobile device for streaming Qobuz however I have just bought a modern chromebook that permits certain apps to work.

UAPP can't be loaded onto the chromebook however I see Neutron can be downloaded.

Can I get Neutron to play Qobuz via my external dac to bypass android 48khz resampling (like UAPP does on mobile) and if so could somebody kindly link me to the process I need to go through please?

Thanks!

To my knowledge Chromebooks do not support any hi-res output and even do not support USB OTG (at least some of them, according user reports), so there is no app which could overcome the single format you get in a Chromebook. Neutron does not support Qobuz streaming service.

Jun 18, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #1,033 of 1,375
There is no such setting currently. This launch is caused by the OS when it tries to connect to the Media Browser service of the app when BT connection is established (probably to provide media info to the destination BT device). This service is required for Android app if it supports Android Auto. It is in to-do to add an option to reject such connection attempts and to avoid launch of the player's core process.
Do you have any idea how to fix the problem?

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #1,034 of 1,375
Do you have any idea how to fix the problem?
On Android, go to settings, apps, Neutron and remove any defaults set.
Next time you connect on BT, Android will ask you what software to initiate.

Jun 18, 2021 at 11:27 AM Post #1,035 of 1,375
I tried that some time ago, but unfortunately it does not work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back