Android: Neutron Music Player
Aug 22, 2021 at 3:15 PM Post #1,036 of 1,375
I tried that some time ago, but unfortunately it does not work.

Sorry, I overlooked your question. One of possible solutions would be to add new option which would disable Android Auto support and if active it could deny process start when Media Browser connection is requested by OS. I will add it into to-do for a review for the future.

Sep 2, 2021 at 4:23 AM Post #1,037 of 1,375
There's a realm of woo-woo thinking w/ 432Hz about cosmic alignment, golden ratios, fundamental resonant frequencies of the Earth.

woo-woo - unconventional beliefs regarded as having little or no scientific basis.
Ironicaly, its the opposite case with 432hz, but people dont give poop about it... Same as any conspiracy theory, there are too many mental obstacles for people to get over before even considering it as a possibility.

Sep 11, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #1,038 of 1,375
Hi @dmitrykos
Question :
- Does preamp function before EQ or/and headphone presets ?
- Does oversampling (x2 x4 ...) function before EQ or presets?
Thanx

Sep 14, 2021 at 4:54 AM Post #1,039 of 1,375
Hi @dmitrykos
Question :
- Does preamp function before EQ or/and headphone presets ?
- Does oversampling (x2 x4 ...) function before EQ or presets?
Thanx

Hi @Kentajalli,

Preamp is applied before EQ all any other DSP. Headphone presets are the very last in the DSP chain.

Oversampling changes the frequency of the audio engine, so all DSP is done with the assigned frequency, e.g. 44100 Source, 2x Oversampling will cause audio engine to operate at 88200 Hz. It effectively increases the precision of all DSP.

Sep 14, 2021 at 5:08 AM Post #1,040 of 1,375
Hi @Kentajalli,

Preamp is applied before EQ all any other DSP. Headphone presets are the very last in the DSP chain.

Oversampling changes the frequency of the audio engine, so all DSP is done with the assigned frequency, e.g. 44100 Source, 2x Oversampling will cause audio engine to operate at 88200 Hz. It effectively increases the precision of all DSP.
Thank you.
Is there a chart that shows what is done first, then 2nd etc. ?

Sep 14, 2021 at 12:11 PM Post #1,041 of 1,375
Thank you.
Is there a chart that shows what is done first, then 2nd etc. ?

At the moment there is no such graphical chart but Neutron also gives a hint how effects are applied if you access Playback -> DSP Effect -> Effect Chain Order. This list shows effects in the order they are applied from top (first) to bottom (last). All effects not mentioned in this list are applied after them (on output) and Preamp is of course is always the first.

Oct 25, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #1,043 of 1,375
The new version has added: - DSD256 option for PCM to DSD mode.

That's amazing. Thanks Dmitry. 👍 :beerchug:

Yes, it was tested on HiBy R6 and that device has capable CPU (around 62% load for 2 cores for L,R) for that. So, it was decided to give it a go. You will need Multithread Processing option On as well.

Beware about APE issue which will be covered with 2.18.3 hot-fix update.

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #1,044 of 1,375
Hey i keep having issues with the all to dsd option. Both on a Note 9 and on a FiiO M15, after a while that i play with all to dsd enabled, i get hissing and screeching, in the middle of the song. It seems like after a while it happens randomly.

Oct 27, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,046 of 1,375
Is it dsd64, dsd128 or DSD256?
i tried all three versions on the Note 9, all happens. The M15 can only go for the dsd64 and still, after a while it happens. Usually during a song, not at the beginning. The songs are read from the microsd, it's A2 rated one so access should be fast and not an issue. It only ever happens with all to DSD. DSD Passthrough works perfectly even with wavpack.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 1:00 PM Post #1,047 of 1,375
i tried all three versions on the Note 9, all happens. The M15 can only go for the dsd64 and still, after a while it happens. Usually during a song, not at the beginning. The songs are read from the microsd, it's A2 rated one so access should be fast and not an issue. It only ever happens with all to DSD. DSD Passthrough works perfectly even with wavpack.
Could that be CPU throttling due to heating?

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,048 of 1,375
Could that be CPU throttling due to heating?
No, since they never heat up at all in both cases. I monitored the M15 in particular, CPU didn't go over 50 C nor the internal temperature exceeded 37 C.

Oct 27, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #1,049 of 1,375
try something for nothing.
Once I was trying to 8X oversample , and I used to get similar disturbances as you describe.
the solution was setting software-latency to about 5 and maxing out hardware-latency , under audio hardware.
good luck.
Also, a USB cable with diminished bandwidth can be an issue.
try a different one to test.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2021 at 2:02 PM Post #1,050 of 1,375
try something for nothing.
Once I was trying to 8X oversample , and I used to get similar disturbances as you describe.
the solution was setting software-latency to about 5 and maxing out hardware-latency , under audio hardware.
good luck.
Also, a USB cable with diminished bandwidth can be an issue.
try a different one to test.
will try it immediately, thank you for the tip!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back