Android: Neutron Music Player
Jul 26, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #601 of 1,374
Has anyone tried the latest version on the Fiio M6??

Jul 28, 2019 at 2:13 PM Post #602 of 1,374
Does the developer of neutron participate here? I've been following the thread for a bit and haven't seen if so.

Curious if Cayin N6ii is scheduled to be supported by neutron? If nobody knows I'll email tech support and reply back to all here.

Aug 1, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #603 of 1,374
> buonassi: Does the developer of neutron participate here? I've been following the thread for a bit and haven't seen if so.

Unfortunately time is very limited and therefore it is impossible to participate in all Neutron related threads, there won't be any time left for a development :) N6ii is based on Android then Neutron must be automatically compatible because Cayin is using common specialized audio API which Neutron uses for Cayin i5 and N5ii DAPs. I will ask Cayin to test Neutron on their N6ii to re-confirm the compatibility.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #604 of 1,374
Does anyone else have issues with large playlists taking a long time to load?

Aug 1, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #605 of 1,374
QuadraKev, if playlist does not contain absolute paths Neutron may be trying to find the right paths and it takes time. Would you please write more details to the technical support e-mail (can be found in Google Play Neutron's page) or via Neutron's forum so that it would be possible to find the reason of long loading and improve it in the next updates.

Aug 4, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #606 of 1,374
QuadraKev, if playlist does not contain absolute paths Neutron may be trying to find the right paths and it takes time. Would you please write more details to the technical support e-mail (can be found in Google Play Neutron's page) or via Neutron's forum so that it would be possible to find the reason of long loading and improve it in the next updates.
I went and changed the paths of my playlist to be formatted the same as how the paths are when Neutron makes a playlist, and performance is significantly increased as a result. Thank you for the insight!

Aug 6, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #607 of 1,374
I am having no sound output on a Honor 8 Pro with Kirin 960.. any one else facing the same issue? I have tried all possible options but still no luck!
Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Aug 7, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #608 of 1,374
superuser1, try switching off hi-res driver: Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver -> switch off Hi-Res Codec (Direct PCM). If that helps, would your please e-mail to neutronmp@gmail.com to get dev version and collect logs from your device. In general Honor devices do not support hi-res audio due to firmware.

Aug 7, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #609 of 1,374
superuser1, try switching off hi-res driver: Audio Hardware -> Generic Driver -> switch off Hi-Res Codec (Direct PCM). If that helps, would your please e-mail to neutronmp@gmail.com to get dev version and collect logs from your device. In general Honor devices do not support hi-res audio due to firmware.
Thank you very much. I shall try that and get back to you. About the fiio M6 registration I am still struggling!

Edit: that worked perfectly for the Honor 8 Pro.. thank you!

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #611 of 1,374
Can anyone sign off on how Neutron handles multichannel sources? I have several multichannel flac albums, and dsd ones. I am aware it plays back just fine, outputting to stereo. Does it perform any sort of mix down or does it just omit all but the standard left and right channels?

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #612 of 1,374
Thank you very much. I shall try that and get back to you. About the fiio M6 registration I am still struggling!

Edit: that worked perfectly for the Honor 8 Pro.. thank you!
Does your email account have 2 factor authentication?

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #613 of 1,374
Does your email account have 2 factor authentication?
Yes I think i disabled it... but sadly its a little worrisome/ disconcerting to give pop/ imap access to my email when its the only email address i have.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #614 of 1,374
Yes I think i disabled it... but sadly its a little worrisome/ disconcerting to give pop/ imap access to my email when its the only email address i have.

Yes I second that.

Since personal email address is effectively your identity on the Internet I'll never allow anyone to have access to my email under any circumstances. There is enough problems with identity theft without handing over my login confidential to would be criminals.

I have a Astell&Kern SR15 and believe Neutron will be supported soon, this does not have email facilities so how will this be catered for. I'm sure there are other devices are the same.

The developer should have a more convenient method for authenticating their software, and what's wrong with using software keys.

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #615 of 1,374
Authenticating e-mail account is the least crackable part of authentication and therefore it is used by all platforms which bind purchases to e-mail account. Just create any special empty e-mail account only for such usage (for license check). It is only needed for PayPro license check and to protect Neutron from cracking.

If firmware of your Android device allows adding e-mail account via OS settings then add account via OS settings (if you trust OS more) and then Neutron will get the list of accounts via query to the OS in attempt to find license for it in the license server.

If you purchased license via Google Play then license verification will go via Google Play but device must have Google Play Store installed and working. For example if you use custom firmware from Lurker00 for iBasso DX150-200-220 then license check via Google Play will succeed. May be other custom firmwares for other DAPs which initially missing Google Play services offer the same possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back