Android: Neutron Music Player
Jun 3, 2018 at 8:14 AM Post #571 of 1,374
I am trying to figure out how to add my own station under Streaming.

when I hit the + sign I have: Address, Rename, Describe, all checked and an Address: http://?

hit the checkmark on Address and I can enter the URL, just not able to save it?

confusing UI I guess.

Aug 22, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #572 of 1,374
I'm having a problem with Neutron.
When I use Direct USB Access with my DAC, the sound stops a couple of minutes after my phone goes idle. I also have the same issue with Hiby Player. However, USB Audio Player Pro works fine with this feature enabled.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to sort this out?

Aug 28, 2018 at 3:57 PM Post #573 of 1,374
Really enjoying the sound from this player over the stock LG music player, especially after I've dialed it in to my likings.
I'm experiencing issues with the replay gain. When listening to an album, I just want it to play from one track to the next, in order as indicated on the album. I've selected every option and they all just randomly jump around. Which option should work the way I want it? Even when using a cable with remote, when I double click for next track, it jumps and skips songs.
I've also noticed that the majority of the time when selecting a particular song, it will play a different track than the one I directly selected with a touch of my finger. Super annoying. Any guidance would be much appreciated
Screenshot_2018-08-28-12-38-10.png

Oct 25, 2018 at 2:24 AM Post #575 of 1,374
Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I recently switched from the V30 to the V40. Installed Neutron, and I can't find gapless playback. I know it was here when I was using the 30. I also updated Neutron. I wonder if they did away with it

Oct 25, 2018 at 7:04 AM Post #576 of 1,374
Really enjoying the sound from this player over the stock LG music player, especially after I've dialed it in to my likings.
I'm experiencing issues with the replay gain. When listening to an album, I just want it to play from one track to the next, in order as indicated on the album. I've selected every option and they all just randomly jump around. Which option should work the way I want it? Even when using a cable with remote, when I double click for next track, it jumps and skips songs.
I've also noticed that the majority of the time when selecting a particular song, it will play a different track than the one I directly selected with a touch of my finger. Super annoying. Any guidance would be much appreciated

I use these settings on two phones, no problems so far but these are all Samsungs. There might be a software conflict with LG's Android overlay or audio drivers.
44715717_10217655775084691_1541525425379868672_n.jpg

44857161_10217655775484701_8191460621632405504_n.jpg

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread, but I recently switched from the V30 to the V40. Installed Neutron, and I can't find gapless playback. I know it was here when I was using the 30. I also updated Neutron. I wonder if they did away with it

Can't find it either, but the only reason I'm checking now is I read your post. Otherwise it's been working fine despite not having an option to manually enable it or force it to. In other words I never noticed it wasn't there anymore because all my live albums just play normally.

You could be having trouble with LG's software. Better let the Neutron developers know about those as they might not be aware of them yet, and it'll take some time for them to sort it out after they do so the sooner you get it done the better.

Feb 17, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #578 of 1,374
Can anyone tell me if this software has a shut down button as looked everywhere within the app and now about to uninstall it as my patience is running out?
Thank you.

Apr 3, 2019 at 11:21 PM Post #580 of 1,374
Can anyone tell me if this software has a shut down button as looked everywhere within the app and now about to uninstall it as my patience is running out?
Thank you.
There's an X on the drop-down notification

Screenshot_20190403-232034_Neutron.jpg

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #581 of 1,374
I've poked around in the Neutron MP settings, and can't find anything obvious to change - that will cause NMP to play the tracks in the next folder, after it finishes playing the tracks in the current folder.
If someone can point out the setting that will allow this, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks!

Apr 29, 2019 at 1:45 PM Post #582 of 1,374
I've poked around in the Neutron MP settings, and can't find anything obvious to change - that will cause NMP to play the tracks in the next folder, after it finishes playing the tracks in the current folder.
If someone can point out the setting that will allow this, I'd be very appreciative.
Thanks!
The playback mode in settings is the only option you have that I am aware of.

May 2, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #584 of 1,374
The playback mode in settings is the only option you have that I am aware of.

Try the sequential playback mode. I think that's the one that worked for me.

Thanks!
I have verified that Sequential Playback Mode does play the tracks in the next folder, after it finishes playing the tracks in the current folder.

May 2, 2019 at 7:24 PM Post #585 of 1,374
I'd really, REALLY love to put this back on my phone. It really is soo good BUT, and it's a big BUT, with it downloaded and used my favoured way, via USB and external DAC, if I then switch to YouTube to watch a video, there's absolutely no audio!

NONE.

Works if my Q5 is connected via BT but not USB. WHY? If someone can tell me a simple workaround or fix, I'm all ears. Until then, I'm going back to Poweramp.

Sad times indeed .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back