Android: Neutron Music Player
May 4, 2019 at 6:18 AM Post #586 of 1,374
Some time this year the website for this app went offline

http://neutronmp.com/

I wonder why? all of the forum posts and FAQ pages are now lost aside from a few that Google Search has cached.

Does anyone have an LG phone and know how I can prevent Neutron from overriding the LG volume step of +/- 1db?

When I use the device up/down buttons to change volume LG lets you do it in 1dB steps but when the Neutron app is running in the foreground hardware button presses change the volume in 5dB steps.

May 5, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #587 of 1,374
If no one can answer your question on here I would advise emailing them as they are very helpful from my experience. You could also post a message on the Google Play store page for Neutron Player app.

May 27, 2019 at 10:50 PM Post #588 of 1,374
I just have to post my experiences with Neutron on DX150. I own UAPP and love its interface. I certainly like the PEQ plugin by toneboosters, and it sounds quite good. I've tinkered with hiby as well - it's ok too. But without a doubt, Neutron takes the cake if you're into EQ. From a functionality standpoint as well as pure SQ.

I honestly thought it was a gimmick. Really, 32 bit floating point precision isn't good enough? Cmon! But....there IS an evident quality difference if you use Neutron DSP in 64 bit mode (if your device supports it). I wouldn't call it apparent, but if you listen carefully and have the gear to resolve it, it's there. Sure, it'll cost you a little extra battery. But no other program can match its EQ sound quality.

Wow.

Jul 3, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #589 of 1,374
Can someone tell me how to set Neutron to Bitperfect mode (like there is a option in UAPP) ?

Jul 3, 2019 at 10:57 AM Post #593 of 1,374
Thank you :)

Édit : I think it can't be real Bitperfect, because the equalizer is still active...

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #595 of 1,374
Hi,

I am having some use case specific issue with uapp mentioned here:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/usb...ort-for-android.704065/page-190#post-15060940

Davy had been great and I understand his advice on the following:

"After exiting the app using the back button, the app asks the kernel to reattach the Android/Linux driver, but that usually fails. The only solution is to disconnect and reconnect the DAC. "

As I need my music player to switch between stock android audio driver and preferred better audio driver like uapp which is not working especially with apps like googlemap running, is Neutron audio driver the same as uapp or more capable to somehow reattach Android/Linux driver and does so fast enough to work in my use case ?

Last and million dollar question is if neutron player audio driver works outside the player unlike uapp driver that only works for uapp app.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Richard

Jul 16, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #596 of 1,374
This app is phenomenal with the dx150.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #598 of 1,374
pretty sure neutron only works for music played by the neutron apk. like uapp

Hi Buonassi,

Indeed and not sure why or the technical complication of have equivalent high quality driver to replace native android one outside app or lack of biz case to do so and not have users faced incidences of wrong or inappropriate drivers actually used especially in my use case or interchanging apps.

Nevertheless, Dmitry of Neutron is nicely helping to provide me with needed 32 bit version of tweaked development version as I failed to install provide 64 bit version due to my Android headunit's limitation for a workaround and see how much it helps me.

Cheers.

Richard

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back