And......my Grado SR80i's are ruined :(
Dec 8, 2010 at 9:23 PM Post #46 of 74

Quote:
Hey. You could read beyond the first two posts. I've apologized for being childish and throwing a fit - contrition is a rare thing on the Internet - so maybe read to the second page before sniping?

You're right, that was 10 seconds of my life I'll never get back.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #48 of 74

Maybe he can buy some iHeadphones, of course molded in white with shiny accents.

They won't be any good for SQ, but they will scream "hey look at me, I'm trendy"

I don't buy Macs because they're trendy but because they just work better. I got my first Mac back in 2001 - before the iPod really took off. WAY before they became trendy. I think anyone who denigrates Macs just doesn't realize how nice it is to have something that just does what it's supposed to do with very little fuss in exchange for a few sometimes aggravating omissions and limitations. As for the 'trendy' design - I actually typically prefer something a little less sterile than Mac design. I'm into Macs because of the overall user experience and the vastly superior product support. YMMV, no big deal - but it's still pretty dumb to say that people are only into Macs for style reasons.

And....if I wanted to look cool and be trendy, would I have gotten Grados to begin with!? I'd get some stylish Sonys or some Beats by Dre. Sonys are muddy (IMHO) and beats just seem all wrong sound-wise to my admittedly undeveloped ears.

Dec 9, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #49 of 74

I used my teachers brand new mac book to scan in a picture and then darken it, i wanted to shoot my self in the face about the 10th time an error occurred because apparently mac cant scan in a picture in a regular format then have you color edit it and export it with out using magical voodoo magic to appease the gods. I will admit mac's are great for video editing, but that,s about as much I can take of them.
Quote:
I don't buy Macs because they're trendy but because they just work better. I got my first Mac back in 2001 - before the iPod really took off. WAY before they became trendy. I think anyone who denigrates Macs just doesn't realize how nice it is to have something that just does what it's supposed to do with very little fuss in exchange for a few sometimes aggravating omissions and limitations.

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #51 of 74
Dec 9, 2010 at 2:32 AM Post #52 of 74
What format? My scanner and the utility can scan into most popular formats. What editing program?

Dec 9, 2010 at 2:47 AM Post #53 of 74

Quote:
What format? My scanner and the utility can scan into most popular formats. What editing program?

I'm not sure what scanner, I was using Adobe cs4 and just hit import.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #54 of 74

I'm not sure what scanner, I was using Adobe cs4 and just hit import.

I don't have the money to buy nor the patience to learn CS4. Likely there's an option to choose export file type.

The reason I don't get into Adobe PS or other Adobe stuff is because it really is non-intuitive - and the intuitive nature of most Apple stuff is what most appeals to me.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:19 AM Post #55 of 74
its simple enough to me.....then again I have been using it since cs2. it simply would not let me scan an image and convert it into an RGB format, then darkend and convert to a grayscale with out giving me some random error, did it on laptop BAM worked perfectly.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #56 of 74
Dang this thread was drama.

@OP glad to hear you're getting a new pair.  Amazon can be very amazing with customer service so no need for hanging up the phone angrily on the rep next time.  Personally I found emails work better.  No need to wait on the line and a few quick emails insisting a certain position will get what I want through.  And yeah, I'm gonna agree with the others and getting angry over getting a rare bad one shouldn't turn you off of Grado.  And if you're furious over $100 headphones this hobby might not be for you j/k 
tongue.gif

As for Macs go.  I service a lot of computers at work.  And I have had one broker completely mess one up and Dell was kind enough about replacing it even though it was completely our fault--it does help to have a corporate account for things like this.  And some Macs don't just simply work.  I really hate the way MBP take care of heat.  There should be no need to have to reapply thermal paste and no need for it to be that frequent.  Just poorly designed.  Though I'll tell you, if I was living in the Artic, it'd be my first choice.  Portable heater + cooker.

And +1 on the Adobe stuff.  I was just raging about how not intuitive After Effects was when I realized I hadn't touched it in ages and CS4 and CS5 had me ready to throw my monitor through the window.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #57 of 74
^^^lol, i guss i'm just naturly inclined to the cs thing, Ive never really had a hard time with it.

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #58 of 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by disastermouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

*snip*

Just imagine trying to get that sort of support from a PC 'vendor'.  I can't see it EVER happening.

Dell actually saves you the step of having to lug the computer to a store, they send technicians out who aren't afraid to replace half the parts in your computer to get things going. 

Regarding your line on Sony's muddiness.. Give the SA5ks a listen sometime. 

Dec 9, 2010 at 3:53 AM Post #59 of 74

Dell actually saves you the step of having to lug the computer to a store, they send technicians out who aren't afraid to replace half the parts in your computer to get things going. 
Regarding your line on Sony's muddiness.. Give the SA5ks a listen sometime. 

Had a friend get a refurb Dell. It (shocker) broke on day 2. She asked how to fix it. I told her to unplug it and shove it out a window and then buy a Mac like I suggested in the first place.

Yeah...I know Sony makes better high-end stuff - but I've only tried the low-end stuff.

I think the main reason I was so upset is...well...aside from being so bright, I was really digging the clarity and dreaded going back to something less.

Dec 9, 2010 at 4:17 AM Post #60 of 74

Quote:
I think the main reason I was so upset is...well...aside from being so bright, I was really digging the clarity and dreaded going back to something less.

Oh, it will pull you in. I'm guessing you haven't heard about the dreaded Upgrado? In case you haven't, it's a disease that afflicts particularly those who hang around Head-Fi for too long. It's an inexplicable and inexorable desire to purchase a higher end Grado in order to explore what a further refinement of the Grado sound might be like. You'll be wanting the SR225i next, and then the RS1i, and then....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back