Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jan 16, 2013 at 3:56 PM Post #19 of 3,813
OK Folks. I am not sure but I think I can now proudly say that I am the first headfier to own this amp. Mine serial#10 in silver arrived this morning!

I am charging it as I type but have had a quick listen and, well, lets just say I like what I hear! I will hold back on any more thoughts until I have given this amp a few hours under its belt. All I can say is Di-Ma san is an amplifier genius!

The amp comes in a beautiful wooden box, charger is included and the amp comes with some charge already. My version has a few extras. The higher quality capacitors Higher quality volume pot and an impedance selector.

To switch on the amp one makes sure the volume pot is set to low then plug in your headphones, the action of plugging in the headphones switches on the amp. Mine is I believe the first to have the orange colour glow from the volume knob. I like this as it matches the tubes.

Anyway, just a quick report. I will post a review thread soon but I could not be happier with this amp. My PF's sound even better and who knows, I will plug the LCD's in and may end up loving them again as well!

Here are three very quick pictures!

The beautiful hand crafted box with my iPod /CLAS on top to show you the size.

Next up a couple of the amp!

Jan 16, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #20 of 3,813
Just one more with everything switched on so you can see the warm orange glow of this wonderful amp.

Jan 16, 2013 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 3,813
Just for info the tube set on this amp consists of two Tung-Sol 3S4 tubes and two Sylvania 1U4 tubes which I believe are pentodes.

This amp has oodles of power in reserve. With both my LCD2's and PF's there is no need to take the amp of low gain.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #23 of 3,813
Yeah. I would say this is transportable rather than portable. Great as a home headphone amp as well but equally good for when on Holiday or visiting relatives or friends and wanting high quality music.

Jan 17, 2013 at 11:49 PM Post #24 of 3,813
Very interesting! First time since the RWA and old Stax portable that I've seen a significantly-sized portable amp like this.

Jan 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM Post #25 of 3,813
OK Folks. I am not sure but I think I can now proudly say that I am the first headfier to own this amp. Mine serial#10 in silver arrived this morning!

I am charging it as I type but have had a quick listen and, well, lets just say I like what I hear! I will hold back on any more thoughts until I have given this amp a few hours under its belt. All I can say is Di-Ma san is an amplifier genius!

The amp comes in a beautiful wooden box, charger is included and the amp comes with some charge already. My version has a few extras. The higher quality capacitors Higher quality volume pot and an impedance selector.

To switch on the amp one makes sure the volume pot is set to low then plug in your headphones, the action of plugging in the headphones switches on the amp. Mine is I believe the first to have the orange colour glow from the volume knob. I like this as it matches the tubes.

Anyway, just a quick report. I will post a review thread soon but I could not be happier with this amp. My PF's sound even better and who knows, I will plug the LCD's in and may end up loving them again as well!

Here are three very quick pictures!

The beautiful hand crafted box with my iPod /CLAS on top to show you the size.

Next up a couple of the amp!

Congrats Ian and I am waiting your impression compare to alo pan am or woo audio Wa 6 :D

Jan 19, 2013 at 3:01 AM Post #27 of 3,813
So I thought I would open this baby up and take a look inside and am very impressed at the neat and quality work done by Shikata san. Love the hand written note as to date of finished build and built for me , just makes it that more personal.

I am really enjoying the sound of this amp, it reaches deep into the recording and extracts a lot of detail but at the same time is very musical and conveys the emotion of the performance really well. There is no noise to speak of even with my sensitive Piano Forte's. Perhaps a little shish noise if there is no music playing and the volume is turned right up. But at normal listening levels and even with quiet passages in music there is no noise other than that of the acoustic of the recording venue.

I think the only negative I can point out so far is that if one turns the stepped volume knob with no music playing their is a faint tinging sound, likewise if one taps the casework with no music playing the same faint tinging sound can be heard so I really would not recommend the beautiful leather case option as I do not think this amp is suitable for that sort of portable use.

I have knocked together a little wooden stand which has cork feet on the bottom where the amp rests and those silicon furniture savers on the side cheeks of wood which keeps the amp from toppling over and have found doing this avoids a great deal of those little tings.

Likewise do not have this within two feet of your computer as it will pick up noise from electronics such as that.

Having said that I do not care! With a little good housekeeping this amp sings and brings so much more emotion and feeling to my music collection. It also shows how very good the CLAS and Piano fortes really are. It seems to allow good equipment to shine even more! I will write more once I have a hundred hours on it but so far I am as you can tell, very happy with this purchase.. Oh, and the warm glow of the tubes as I listen to music just puts me in the mood even more!

Some pictures of the inside.

Jan 19, 2013 at 11:09 AM Post #30 of 3,813
Just a little update, been chatting with the maker and apparently the ting noises I hear should settle down with burn in, will report back and I just wanted to add, I reported them with openness in mind, they truly are so minor as to be a non event in every day use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back