Analog Squared Paper Discussion Thread.
Jan 21, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #47 of 3,813
I have already emailed some questions to him about it. No response yet.

Give him a day or so, he is normally really quick but remember he is doing this all by himself.. Also, I keep forgetting about the time difference thing. I am really looking forward to hearing what he has to say!

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:00 PM Post #50 of 3,813
Facebook is a good way to go as well. Di-Ma really deserves to do well. His work is first class.

Jan 21, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #51 of 3,813
Happiness is a warm tube....

Muddy Waters Folk Singer album on the Classic/CLAS (Wav hence no art), Piano Fortes in my ears and a killer amp to make this dark and cold winters night oh so more comfortable... Bliss!

Jan 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #52 of 3,813
Di-Ma just posted on FB that the cost of the new hybrid is going to be around 50'000 yen, around US $560 at current exchange rates.

He also said he designed the side panels that protect the tubes to cut the 2.4ghz wifi frequency which it does.. Very effectively!

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:47 AM Post #53 of 3,813
Arrived yesterday...

Charging now... 

Andy.

Jan 22, 2013 at 7:57 AM Post #54 of 3,813
Fantastic Andy, I am really looking forward to hearing what you think!

Jan 22, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #55 of 3,813
Wow, the black version looks pretty sexy.

I may be getting a larger amp made by Di-Ma using 6ZP1 tubes and nice transformers, though it'll take a bit of time because he's working on the TU-05 and 06 primarily at the moment (understandable). I'm just a wee bit hesitant to take the plunge because it would be the first time he's made this amp, and ultimately he doesn't know what to expect beyond it sounding more powerful than the portable amps.

Even with the 6ZP1, I'm considering trying the hybrid TU-06.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM Post #56 of 3,813
Initial impressions are very favorable after swapping the supplied tubes for some NOS Mullards - the stock tubes sounded a bit tizzy/microphonic. I've only had a quick listen and will post an in-depth review after a day or two. 

Andy.

Quote:
Fantastic Andy, I am really looking forward to hearing what you think!

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #57 of 3,813
Thanks Andy. The stock tubes do settle down as MF suggested. I have myself ordered a complete set of Mullards from a UK seller so we will be able to compare!

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:48 AM Post #58 of 3,813
Straight from Di-am about the TUR06

"Thank you for massage!
Sorry, TUR is not on sale yet.
I just have to be ready.
I think the price is 50 000 yen or less.

It size is W140*D100*H34
(I would be the smallest in MT tube amplifier equipped with a separate
left and right.)

I think, depending on the brand of vacuum tubes, you can know
difference such as having a strong bass and clean treble.

I will announce if it's on sale in the Web site and the FB!"

Ill follow up with when he thinks it might be ready to go on sale.

Jan 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM Post #59 of 3,813
Quote:
Happiness is a warm tube....

Muddy Waters Folk Singer album on the Classic/CLAS (Wav hence no art), Piano Fortes in my ears and a killer amp to make this dark and cold winters night oh so more comfortable... Bliss!

Awesome pic.

Quote:
Arrived yesterday...

Charging now... 

Andy.

Awesome news.

Jan 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #60 of 3,813
ianmedium,

Would you mind posting a photo of the cradle/frame that you constructed for the TU-05b. As I've noticed that the amplifier is quite easy to inadvertently knock over, which while not causing any immediate damage is quite disconcerting nevertheless! 

Thanks,

Andy.

Quote:
Thanks Andy. The stock tubes do settle down as MF suggested. I have myself ordered a complete set of Mullards from a UK seller so we will be able to compare!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back