Amping the Audeze LCD
Dec 14, 2010 at 5:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pataburd

Headphoneus Supremus
Just wondering which amps out there are working best with the LCD-2.  I have the hybrid Fitz-Max Bada PH-12, into which I've sunk lots of upgrade/mod money, and which I hope can drive the Audeze satisfactorily. 

In general, the Bada does better with higher impedance headphones.  My 40 ohm PRO 2500 sound very good, but perhaps not their best, with the Bada.  How the 50 ohm LCD-2 might fare is questionable.

My decision for now would be to fore-go the LCD-2 if they are not a very good match with the Bada.

Dec 14, 2010 at 7:41 PM Post #3 of 8

Quote:
Just wondering which amps out there are working best with the LCD-2.  I have the hybrid Fitz-Max Bada PH-12, into which I've sunk lots of upgrade/mod money, and which I hope can drive the Audeze satisfactorily. 

In general, the Bada does better with higher impedance headphones.  My 40 ohm PRO 2500 sound very good, but perhaps not their best, with the Bada.  How the 50 ohm LCD-2 might fare is questionable.

My decision for now would be to fore-go the LCD-2 if they are not a very good match with the Bada.

It works well on my Decware OTL CSP-2 which is all tube but for classical it will clip so I ordered a transformer based Taboo which will run the LCD2 plus some monitors and thats 6W tube amp but they sound good and on the hybrid you should have no issues. I would think they would work well. Great cans by the way

Dec 14, 2010 at 8:34 PM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Great cans by the way

Man, before I joined Head-fi, I would have taken this comment a totally different way.
bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back