Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 5, 2020 at 5:49 AM Post #481 of 704
Same here, would the Max have the same OS and steaming capabilities as DX220? If yes then I might grab one. Have they given the output power of the Max out?

I am kept in the blues as much as everyone here. Thanks to @Sonywalkmanuser for this translations from Ibasso posts.

1. The power supply of the whole machine adopts a separate power supply scheme for the analog and digital parts, and each uses an independent charge management system. Digital and analog part control and communication are completely isolated with optocoupler and 12C isolation device, completely without interference.

2. The AMP amp part uses a high-voltage battery pack of +/- 8.4V to directly supply power. There is no boost during the whole process, the power is surging, and it is pure and powerful.

3. Based on the well-received AMP8 card line, the ultra-class A discrete amp circuit is optimized, which eliminates the switching distortion of the transistor. While possessing the taste of a class-A amplifier, it can also significantly reduce heat generation. Disadvantages of this type of amplification line are that it generates a lot of heat and consumes a lot of power.

4. Equipped with 4.4mm balanced LO / PO + 3.5mm single-ended PO three interfaces, single-ended maximum output of 4.4Vrms, balanced maximum output of 8.8Vrms, 4.4mm balanced LO output of 4.4Vrms.

5, Kemet polymer package capacitors are used in large quantities, Toshin UTSJ, Panasonic, Nichicon, Amtrans and other Japanese audio capacitors.

6, custom 4-gang analog potentiometer. The difference between channels is controlled within 2dB.
15B26E3A-309F-4A5A-810E-138FFAD19E80.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:54 AM Post #482 of 704
I must say I am very impressed with the AMP8EX and my DX200Ti. I decided to try adding my Oriolus BA300s which hadn't paired well with the DX200Ti in the past with other amps but for whatever reason it's absolutely incredible with AMP8EX! I am not sure how it works in conjunction with the AMP8EX but something has changed and it sounds like everything is on steroids in the best way possible! Soundstage is much bigger, separation is incredible and it's an absolute joy to listen to. Well done @Whitigir and perhaps you can explain how AMP8EX works with an additional component such as the Oriolus amp as the amp doesn't seem to bypass AMP8EX but works in conjunction to bring out the best in the music. As a lifelong musician with very keen ears I am thrilled to say we've finally reached the point where we can transport the studio and concert listening experience portably, albeit it may cost an arm and a leg :) It's such a privilege to be able to experience music this way and I tip my hat to the creators of all involved in the audio chain (iBasso, Empire Ears, Effect Audio, 64 Audio, Oriolus, and of course @Whitigir).

Ok you were right! It was a holy crap moment that happened now!

Just did some listening with the new amp8ex-fe and ba300s and Itsfit Fusions, man the sound is soo much bigger now. Every thing from lows to mids and highs seems like they went 2 levels up!! This is much better sounding combo than what it did on AMP8 fidelizer mod. I am also using lower volumes on this one.

I think Im good now in terms of DAP, i doubt anything would sound better especially for the price.

Only downside is that I hear a considerable hiss, wasn't there with the previous amp8.

I have a couple of Oriolus amps and will try pairing the BA-10 with AMP8EX and DX150 later today.

From using them the past couple years, I gather Oriolus designed the amps to work with headphone outputs as well as line outputs. Makes sense as most portables lack balanced line outputs. Can't say I've heard any problems from 'double amping' when using them.

Also, I've got a handful of portable tube amps (including the 2 from Oriolus) and have yet to hear one that didn't hiss with sensitive headphones. Went back to using AMP9 for a couple days but noticed the hissing after getting used to no hiss from AMP8EX.

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:04 AM Post #483 of 704
I have a couple of Oriolus amps and will try pairing the BA-10 with AMP8EX and DX150 later today.

From using them the past couple years, I gather Oriolus designed the amps to work with headphone outputs as well as line outputs. Makes sense as most portables lack balanced line outputs. Can't say I've heard any problems from 'double amping' when using them.

Also, I've got a handful of portable tube amps (including the 2 from Oriolus) and have yet to hear one that didn't hiss with sensitive headphones. Went back to using AMP9 for a couple days but noticed the hissing after getting used to no hiss from AMP8EX.

Let me know you're impressions. But the hiss i mentioned has gone with the BA300S and AMP8EX.

Jan 5, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #484 of 704
my AMP8EX-FE will be 200 hours around Midnight today..
Just want to check the Sound a while, end up listening for 2 hours straight...
How does it sounds... its really grandiose sounding... even already 3 times listening to DMP-Z1, when back to these AMP8EX-FE, i dont felt the toxic...

so this is the best 2019 product I bought...
Thanks again @Whitigir & @Paul - iBasso for these.

please inform us if you guys planning something like these...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 8:49 AM Post #485 of 704
my AMP8EX-FE will be 200 hours around Midnight today..
Just want to check the Sound a while, end up listening for 2 hours straight...
How does it sounds... its really grandiose sounding... even already 3 times listening to DMP-Z1, when back to these AMP8EX-FE, i dont felt the toxic...

so this is the best 2019 product I bought...
Thanks again @Whitigir & @Paul - iBasso for these.

please inform us if you guys planning something like these...

I remember that you were very firm on the AMP1mk2. After the experience with the AMP8-EX, what do you think? Are you missing something of the stock AMP1mk2?

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #486 of 704
I remember that you were very firm on the AMP1mk2. After the experience with the AMP8-EX, what do you think? Are you missing something of the stock AMP1mk2?
No... on AMP8EX-FE, Vocal more refine and detail... instrument get more clarity.
With the reference style of AMp1Mk2, AMP8EX-FE is an upgrade for my taste of music.

Bass on Original AMP8 is really not my cup of tea.. but EX really different. the Bass is weighted, tight and authority control, a reference style of bass... I like... U still get that Tight puncy mid Bass felt in the chest, AMP8 style (edit, this is based pairing with Solaris)

That's why I felt DX220 + AMP8EX-FE really make grandioso music...
If AMP9 can manage hiss, The dynamic fluidity will be the highlight.
hahaha.. I am babbling too much... Will try to get back to AMp1Mk2, usually if my ear doesn't like it, I just put back in the box...

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 9:34 AM Post #487 of 704
Finally i got my Amp8Ex which was a little adventure.

For those who are interested, here is my story:
As i read here in the forum that the Amp is just been shipped, i think it was on the 21st of December, i wrote immediately an email to iBasso to inform them that i would be away for the next two weeks,
but the email didn't reach them on time, so the amp was already shipped just before i left for my Christmas break holiday.
Then on the 24th i got a call unfortunately not from Santa, but from the DHL Express telling me that i have to provide a proof of purchase for the correct customs declaration.
I did so and the parcel passed the customs over Christmas, so i was more lucky than the UK guys.

Also i gave DHL the information that i'm away until the 3rd of January and if they could hold the delivery until then.
Somehow DHL messed it up and made a delivery attempt at the 2nd of January which was of course not successful.

I tried to redirect the parcel to a shop near me, but the tracking stays in 'delivery on hold' and it wasn't clear for me what would happen next. I was a bit concerned that it would be returned to the sender when the maximum 'on hold'-time would be exceeded.
I called the service hotline and after passing by the speech bot i made it to speak to an DHL employee.
Then i realized where my parcel actually was on hold and i decided to pick it up personally from the DHL depot which wasn't too far away from me, instead of waiting more couple of days to deliver it to a shop near me.

The unboxing was a bit confusing as i initially thought:
Hmmm....why havn't they used bubble wrap, the outer box with the ibasso sign was sligly squashed...:astonished:...until i realized that there was an inner box (!) (which was luckily in mint condition...) and that the outer box was just an additional protection. Well done, iBasso! :grin:

Most of you know already how it looks like, nevertheless here is my Amp8Ex mugshot :wink:

DSC_0792a.jpg

Thanks also from my side to @Whitigir and @Paul - iBasso to make this outstanding unique fan project happen!
This happend just right on time as i planned to buy an Amp8 anyway.

I'm now ready prepared for the DX220EX.... if this would happen sometime in the future... :wink:
:dt880smile:

Cheers!

Last edited:
Jan 5, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #488 of 704
Listening to this sacd rip is giving me goosebumps with amp8ex-fe + solaris se... The singer's voice with the ethereal music is beautiful. :L3000:
20200106_021009.jpg

Jan 5, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #492 of 704
Anyone tried the Amp8ex with Andromedas yet? How's the hiss like?

So far i can't hear any hiss from my Andromeda & both Solaris. But that's for me. YMMV. :)

Jan 5, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #493 of 704
Well, the option seem to be that you post a wanted thread ? Or you modify it by 3rd party ?
Hope Ibasso can replace the existing Amp8 with this edition.

I've the amp8 modded by you personally, but the bass on that doesn't go well with 64audio a18t. I believe that you mentioned that it was tuned for sennheiser HD series headphones and that removing one capacitor might do the trick.

And now this special edition limited has made that obsolete.

Will anyone be interested in selling this? I seriously doubt it.

Jan 6, 2020 at 2:50 AM Post #495 of 704
Hi, any of the UK buyers heard anything more from DHL? Mine still shows returned to shipper in Hong Kong on the 31st December, but iBasso haven't received it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back