Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 7, 2020 at 5:04 PM Post #512 of 704
I agreed! May I ask that you are running Amp8EX with Dx150 or Dx220 ? The Amp8EX were tuned with Dx220....I still am unsure how it does on Dx150 lol. I thought I would ask because when I run dx220 and Amp8EX into external amp, I don’t hear the boosted bass. Hence the question

I have the DX150.

I'd only tried pairing with the Oriolus amp a couple times and not sure the factory cable between them is true Pentaconn. Had some trouble getting it to seat correctly in the AMP8EX and had to re-connect few times. Just tried it again and now the bass sounds normal. Strange, but I'm also not 100% sure if EQ was off when I first tried the pairing. I'll be sure to edit the post.

Still, despite never trying original AMP8, the EX version with DX150 sounds amazing imo. Close enough (although not equal) to my desktop that some nights I don't even bother using my desktop rig.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:08 PM Post #513 of 704
I have the DX150.

I'd only tried pairing with the Oriolus amp a couple times and not sure the factory cable between them is true Pentaconn. Had some trouble getting it to seat correctly in the AMP8EX and had to re-connect few times. Just tried it again and now the bass sounds normal. Strange, but I'm also not 100% sure if EQ was off when I first tried the pairing. I'll be sure to edit the post.

Still, despite never trying original AMP8, the EX version with DX150 sounds amazing imo. Close enough (although not equal) to my desktop that some nights I don't even bother using my desktop rig.

that is excellent to hear :) , yes ! That is why I am excited for the dx220max which will be using Amp8 discrete design but improved everywhere else including the tuning , the components being used, the battery and separated individual charging/discharging circuits. It is like a miniaturized DMP Z1 but with discrete amp architecture and Android and everything else. It sounds like something to be excited for

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #514 of 704
Just curious.... What case is this?
Looks like suede...

Factory case that came with the DX150. I'd say it's suede/leather. Great quality and looks good too. Saved me another $50-$100 compared to buying aftermarket cases for DAPs from other companies.

Definitely prefer the gray color over the orangish looking case of the DX220. That, the $400 lower price, and preferred AKM chips made the DX150 an easy choice for me. No Mango OS was a downside but @Lurker0 solved that with his latest add-on.

I also monitor the DX220 thread and, based on pages of posts about short battery life, seems the DX150 has some advantages since I have no complaints about sound quality and seem to get much longer battery life.

Jan 7, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #515 of 704
Factory case that came with the DX150. I'd say it's suede/leather. Great quality and looks good too. Saved me another $50-$100 compared to buying aftermarket cases for DAPs from other companies.

Definitely prefer the gray color over the orangish looking case of the DX220.

Ah.. I didn't realize that its the DX150 and not the DX220.
Really nice looking case, i like this grey suede.
The DAP sounds also interesting, although i'm happy with my DX220.

Last edited:
Jan 7, 2020 at 5:58 PM Post #516 of 704
My order for the Amp8EX will hopefully arrive today/tomorrow.

i was away on holiday and asked iBasso to delay my delivery until after January 5th.

very excited.

spending my time listening to the amp8 now so my ears can be ready to listen for any subtle or extreme differences between amp8 and ampEX

Jan 8, 2020 at 6:37 AM Post #518 of 704
954E1A5A-3C3D-4E03-8787-AFB83EFF469D.jpeg
954E1A5A-3C3D-4E03-8787-AFB83EFF469D.jpeg Just received my Amp8EX FE. Time to install and burn in.

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2020 at 7:09 AM Post #521 of 704
I'm terrible at impressions but I'll try my best once the amp had a chance to get some burn in time.
Don’t worry ! Just tell it as what it is, how your mind received it, even if it has to be related to foods, special scenery, places ? Women curves ? Whatever....Sound and music is an art, and art should invoke the feeling from a person within

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:26 AM Post #523 of 704
Looks like the wait for people in the UK is nearly over.

Just received new tracking from Paul.

Unfortunately declared at full value so will have higher customs fees.

We can look forward again!

Mine still shows FEDEX 'Label Created' 6th Jan and nothing since, your's the same?

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:48 AM Post #524 of 704
We can look forward again!

Mine still shows FEDEX 'Label Created' 6th Jan and nothing since, your's the same?

Just had a text saying delivery Monday 13th Jan. Nothing yet about paying additional customs fees - that usually comes a day or two later.

Jan 9, 2020 at 6:52 AM Post #525 of 704
Just had a text saying delivery Monday 13th Jan. Nothing yet about paying additional customs fees - that usually comes a day or two later.

FEDEX website also now shows expected delivery 13th, subject to change when picked up.

Yours didn't go back from E Midlands did it? Or has it, and you now FedEx as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back