Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 10, 2020 at 4:50 PM Post #543 of 704
Your wait has been long!!! All the way From last year !!!!

Yep, its not been easy, but hopefully worth the wait!

Strange. Might want to check with Paul that it’s being sent to the correct place. According to tracking mine is in the country.

• Friday , 10/01/2020
    18:53
    STANSTED GB
    In transit
    Package available for clearance

Don't get me worried again! Did yours go via Japan? My tracking does say Essex, UK, so hopefully Monday as expected. Barring Customs!

EDIT, where did yours depart from to get to Stansted?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2020 at 8:18 PM Post #544 of 704
All you guys using amp8-ex-fe, are you using iems or headphones?
CIEM as I don't have a 4.4 terminated cable for my headphones as yet.

Jan 11, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #545 of 704
Yep, its not been easy, but hopefully worth the wait!

Don't get me worried again! Did yours go via Japan? My tracking does say Essex, UK, so hopefully Monday as expected. Barring Customs!

EDIT, where did yours depart from to get to Stansted?

Departed from HK. Went to Feltham before Stanstead. Then on to Ridgemont. Now at my local depot in Barking. Hopeful for today but says Weekday delivery so unlikely. Yet to receive anything about customs.

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #546 of 704
So, for people who has been continuously burning in the Amp8EX! After 250 hours, your bass performances should be ways worth it now. I would call it at after this point EXtreme-fidelity!! (EX)

The only way to improve this little Portable player further is to EX modification into your main unit, the DX220.

Yes, Ibasso engineering is ridiculously good, and that DX220EX with Amp8EX have to be listened to believe. It drives HD800S full-size like eating a cake!!!!!!

Back to my corner and being excited about what the DX220Max can bring to the tables!!!!

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #547 of 704
Got started late due to vacation... now around 60 hours. Noticeably faster transients with Amp8EX-FE resulting in better image, air between instruments, and controlled bass.

I don't recall seeing the inside pic yet, so here goes :) Top Amp8 and below Amp8EX-FE.

2020-0111-Amp8EX-vs-Amp8-a.jpg 2020-0111-Amp8EX-vs-Amp8-b.jpg

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:48 AM Post #548 of 704
Got started late due to vacation... now around 60 hours. Noticeably faster transients with Amp8EX-FE resulting in better image, air between instruments, and controlled bass.

I don't recall seeing the inside pic yet, so here goes :) Top Amp8 and below Amp8EX-FE.

Thank you! Excellent detailed pictures from stock to EX modules! I am glad you are enjoying it.

I didn’t even know the inside also has a stamp “Amp8 EX” ! Lol

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 11:56 AM Post #552 of 704
Did you go through N8 and SP2000 ? Previously

Just SP2000 which I still have, the DX228Ex matches the SP2000 really closely IMO but they have different tunings. The bass quality on the SP2000 is the best I have ever heard, the DX228ex for me is more reference which I prefer. I’d say SP2000 has a small small edge in soundstage too but it’s so close it’s really something not even worth mentioning. My DX228ex setup cost me a total of $1,150 (bought the DX220ex without an amp and pre modded + the cost of the AMP 8 Ex) and it’s been well worth it. The DX228ex also has a blacker background than the SP2000 (which is impressive as crap considering how good the SP2000 is).

Overall I am very very happy. :)

Jan 11, 2020 at 11:58 AM Post #553 of 704
It sure is. I am also stalking you're thread on Fir Audio :D Very interested to get M5, how do they pair?

The M5 so far has paired well with the SP2000, DX228ex, and apple USB C to 3.5mm dongle, it has something similar to LID tech in 64audio IEMs so that the source doesn't effect the frequency response. So any good low noise floor DAP and the M5 is fantastic. I didn’t like the pair up with the iBasso DC01 though, far too much hiss to make it enjoyable.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #554 of 704
The M5 so far has paired well with the SP2000, DX228ex, and apple USB C to 3.5mm dongle, it has something similar to LID tech in 64audio IEMs so that the source doesn't effect the frequency response. So any good low noise floor DAP and the M5 is fantastic. I didn’t like the pair up with the iBasso DC01 though, far too much hiss to make it enjoyable.
Yeah i understand, i have the u12t, and recently purchasd itsfit Fusions but now itching towards more of a flagship product that I'll stay with a year. Was going for Heddphone, but i think I'll stick with an IEM since it has more use case than just listening at home.

Looking for a universal, easier to sell if required. But i know M5 has universal options now, still looking around for more alternatives. I want that larger than life sound, musical and huge.

Jan 11, 2020 at 12:09 PM Post #555 of 704
Yeah i understand, i have the u12t, and recently purchasd itsfit Fusions but now itching towards more of a flagship product that I'll stay with a year. Was going for Heddphone, but i think I'll stick with an IEM since it has more use case than just listening at home.

Looking for a universal, easier to sell if required. But i know M5 has universal options now, still looking around for more alternatives. I want that larger than life sound, musical and huge.

I don’t want to go OT about the M5 so feel free to PM me if you have any questions but the M5 checks all those boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back