Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #557 of 704
Got my dx220 a couple of days ago. My amp 8EX has neen burned in for more than 270hrs and dx220 for about 40hrs( mostly with isotek burn in disk). Sound has come a long way for amp 8EX, it sounds so much better than last time I posted. Simply incredible. The soundstage on my hd540´s. RG is huge. Everything sounds amazing all the effects sound right. Placement and imaging are way ajead of standard amp8. Love the natural sound theis amp has everything sounds real and alive. Base is completly different than stock amp8, do love it. The amp8EX is a upgrade to stock amp in any possible way. Thank you Whitigir and Ibasso 20200112_000818_HDR.jpg 20200112_000911.jpg

Jan 11, 2020 at 9:36 PM Post #558 of 704
Strange. Might want to check with Paul that it’s being sent to the correct place. According to tracking mine is in the country.

• Friday , 10/01/2020
    18:53
    STANSTED GB
    In transit
    Package available for clearance

Don’t believe this! Yesterday it got to Stansted, Essex, England, 40 miles away. Package available for clearance same as yours.

Now it’s gone back to Charles De Gaul, FRANCE! This package seems fated. It’s been from Hong Kong to Germany to Belgium to Midlands, England then back to Hong Kong with DHL. Now Japan, France, England, with FEDEX, but now going back? It should be delivered tomorrow in England?!!

Jan 12, 2020 at 7:39 AM Post #559 of 704
Don’t believe this! Yesterday it got to Stansted, Essex, England, 40 miles away. Package available for clearance same as yours.

Now it’s gone back to Charles De Gaul, FRANCE! This package seems fated. It’s been from Hong Kong to Germany to Belgium to Midlands, England then back to Hong Kong with DHL. Now Japan, France, England, with FEDEX, but now going back? It should be delivered tomorrow in England?!!
Wow !!, that is too hard to watch....look like it is teasing you in a horrible way

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #560 of 704
Got my dx220 a couple of days ago. My amp 8EX has neen burned in for more than 270hrs and dx220 for about 40hrs( mostly with isotek burn in disk). Sound has come a long way for amp 8EX, it sounds so much better than last time I posted. Simply incredible. The soundstage on my hd540´s. RG is huge. Everything sounds amazing all the effects sound right. Placement and imaging are way ajead of standard amp8. Love the natural sound theis amp has everything sounds real and alive. Base is completly different than stock amp8, do love it. The amp8EX is a upgrade to stock amp in any possible way. Thank you Whitigir and Ibasso

What is your 4.4 plug brand?

Jan 12, 2020 at 10:44 AM Post #561 of 704
What is your 4.4 plug brand?
Using delock plugs, decide dint want to resolder the plugs every couple of months, so just got these screw in ones for my big headphones and amplifier. Seem to fit great aswell.15788437438077275492777841618028.jpg

Jan 12, 2020 at 8:23 PM Post #562 of 704
It took me forever but I finally swapped the Amp8 for the EX and...WOW!!!
Playing for all of six minutes and the dynamic improvement is palpable!
First song played was ELO's Evil Woman (Face the Music), and I felt like I was sitting "in" the Piano!!
Okay...maybe not quite "in" but I hope you get the point..even playing it fresh out of the box there's already a marked improvement in the sound over the Amp8.
Playing in Mango OS with Dunu DK4001s.
Thanks everyone; Whitigir, his Head-Fi DIY buddies, Paul, and the iBasso team for this awesome little piece of kit!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yeah...it's okay...:wink::smiling_imp::smiling_imp::grinning:

Cheers and Enjoy the Music!:beerchug:
-HK sends

Jan 13, 2020 at 2:58 AM Post #565 of 704
Guys, what gain are you using with EX? Low/med/high?
Any difference with these gains?
Thank you!

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:49 AM Post #566 of 704

Hoping yours is back in the country. Mines now updated to on vehicle for delivery. Says before 12.00om. Still haven't had a request for payment from customs yet. Anyone know whether FedEx do COD for customs charges? I vaguely remember UPS do but not sure whether FedEx does.

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:54 AM Post #567 of 704
Guys, what gain are you using with EX? Low/med/high?
Any difference with these gains?
Thank you!
Always high gain here, for both my JVC fw01 and my hd540 RG.

Jan 13, 2020 at 3:58 AM Post #568 of 704
Just SP2000 which I still have, the DX228Ex matches the SP2000 really closely IMO but they have different tunings. The bass quality on the SP2000 is the best I have ever heard, the DX228ex for me is more reference which I prefer. I’d say SP2000 has a small small edge in soundstage too but it’s so close it’s really something not even worth mentioning. My DX228ex setup cost me a total of $1,150 (bought the DX220ex without an amp and pre modded + the cost of the AMP 8 Ex) and it’s been well worth it. The DX228ex also has a blacker background than the SP2000 (which is impressive as crap considering how good the SP2000 is).

Overall I am very very happy. :)
Agreed with these. mine already 250 hours
Hehehe.. Actually have the chance to try with SP2K last week. Compare to DX220 + AMP8EX-FE, the tonality almost the same.. what SP2K still better, is the clarity of Treble (especially in spark) and the dark background.
Dynamic wise, SP2K still better by a bit marginal.
On Vocal, the detail is almost the same, still SP2K better in edge clarity (female vocal will get the best effect)

Different matter, last weekend, was tried pairing AMP8EX-FE with DX220 local Mod... The different is not much with my DX220... except my DX220 sounds more analytical then the Mod version.... burn in effect on the device ??? dunno..
My point, SQ increase more on modding AMP then Modding DX220, CMIIW... well that's based on my exp...

and this bad boy get a lot of power boost and Vocal refine with DX220 AMP8EX-FE
IMG-20200112-WA0020.jpg
*not my photo, because I prefer This bad boy with AMP9... the vocal is more emphasizing... my kind of cup of tea...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2020 at 5:30 AM Post #569 of 704
ahhh i'm destined for a long wait
fedex attempted delivery at 8:50 and wife arrived 10 mins later so delivery was missed, no card left so hopefully another attempt tomorrow.

I suspect custom charge will come later via post

Jan 13, 2020 at 5:46 AM Post #570 of 704
Hoping yours is back in the country. Mines now updated to on vehicle for delivery. Says before 12.00om. Still haven't had a request for payment from customs yet. Anyone know whether FedEx do COD for customs charges? I vaguely remember UPS do but not sure whether FedEx does.

Wow, after its weekend holiday in Paris De Gaul Airport (if tracking true!), it came back to UK, a village I've never heard of, Ridgmont, last night and moved quickly, and knock on door 09.30AM!

200113 Ibasso 8EXFE 3.JPG

200113 Ibasso 8EXFE 4.JPG

Am I glad to see you!!!

Quickly swopped over as off to work soon, it seemed ages to turn on, like couple of minutes. Is this normal after an amp change or is it just my anticipation of watching it?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back