Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Dec 30, 2019 at 5:14 AM Post #421 of 704
We still have an active account, there is no issue with it. At this point we will have to wait and see since our shipper states it is up the receiver for the contact. I know, frustrating. I will make sure you are taken care of.

Just called DHL today to see if any updates. Unfortunately told the same as all other UK customers. Shippers account on stop so all will be sent back. Has the shipper made inquiries to why DHL UK is saying their account is on stop if what they are saying that their account is still active?

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:31 AM Post #422 of 704
Just called DHL today to see if any updates. Unfortunately told the same as all other UK customers. Shippers account on stop so all will be sent back. Has the shipper made inquiries to why DHL UK is saying their account is on stop if what they are saying that their account is still active?

DHL says that they have closed their account with the shipper and that the units will be sent back to them. Presumably iBasso will send out via a different courier?

Bizarre and frustrating that the goods are in this country, I have paid for them but they are technically not my property until I have signed for them.

Dec 30, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #423 of 704

EVENT CATEGORY
30 Dec 19 7:21 AM - Clearance delay - EAST MIDLANDS,UNITED KINGDOM

Further Details - Further clearance processing is required.
Next Steps - A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

That’s what I receive from DHL daily do you receive the same messages ? Just wondering if it’s worth me calling them to check the response ?

Dec 30, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #424 of 704
EVENT CATEGORY

Next Steps - A DHL representative shall attempt to contact importer or shipper if any further information is required to complete the entry. Customer should contact DHL Customer Service if not reached by DHL

That’s what I receive from DHL daily do you receive the same messages ? Just wondering if it’s worth me calling them to check the response ?

Think we are all in the same boat.
Stuck at Clearance event for the past few days. Wouldn’t bother calling as I have already. Think the response would the same as the one I was given.

Unless it gets sorted by the shipper looks like it’s going back to HK then back to Ibasso. Bit of a shame the amp wasn’t ready earlier. Got my container from China arriving in the UK in the next week. I could’ve used that instead.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #425 of 704
Think we are all in the same boat.
Stuck at Clearance event for the past few days. Wouldn’t bother calling as I have already. Think the response would the same as the one I was given.

Unless it gets sorted by the shipper looks like it’s going back to HK then back to Ibasso. Bit of a shame the amp wasn’t ready earlier. Got my container from China arriving in the UK in the next week. I could’ve used that instead.
EVENT CATEGORY

RIP, forget about the product. If I were you I would start disputes to at least get my money back.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #426 of 704
RIP, forget about the product. If I were you I would start disputes to at least get my money back.

This would be the last thing I would do. Ibasso has some of the best customer service in the industry. I’m sure everyone who has their AMPs being held will be sorted within time, annoying and inconvenient yes but I don’t think opening a payment dispute is the right answer at all.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:13 AM Post #427 of 704
This would be the last thing I would do. Ibasso has some of the best customer service in the industry. I’m sure everyone who has their AMPs being held will be sorted within time, annoying and inconvenient yes but I don’t think opening a payment dispute is the right answer at all.

you are still keen on selling your SP2K ? I am (very) curious lol... have you compared your dx228ex yet?

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:16 AM Post #428 of 704
you are still keen on selling your SP2K ? I am (very) curious lol... have you compared your dx228ex yet?

I actually haven’t yet , been busy with the holidays. SP2000 has to go regardless to pay off the incoming M5 but based off of just quick impressions the gap between 220ex/8ex isn’t large at all if any, I actually prefer the more reference tuning of the iBasso setup.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:19 AM Post #430 of 704

Just my two cents. You want the AMP8EX but based my experience you will likely lose both the product and the money. I wouldn't trust a shady chi-fi company(?) too much.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #431 of 704
Just my two cents. You want the AMP8EX but based my experience you will likely lose both the product and the money. I wouldn't trust a shady chi-fi company(?) too much.

not sure what has ever been shady about ibasso, this is clearly something on DHL’s end. Either way I’m sure it’ll be resolved without having to go through disputes.

Dec 30, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #432 of 704
Each to their own I guess :)

I have the best daps I have ever owned at a fraction of the cost of non-chi-fi companies.
This is called ex-fan for a reason :)

I guess you're going round the threads spearing your words of wisdom not sure what outcome you're expecting. May be a thanks for the advice :wink:

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #433 of 704
Utter rubbish. iBasso are a great company to deal with. The units will be returned and then shipped out again. Just an unfortunate delay for some.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #434 of 704
Utter rubbish. iBasso are a great company to deal with. The units will be returned and then shipped out again. Just an unfortunate delay for some.
I agree! Paul is on these forums all the time helping out and will make things right.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #435 of 704
I agree! Paul is on these forums all the time helping out and will make things right.
Thank you. I would like to be here more often but there is much to do and so little time. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience for those who did not get their AMP8EX but you will get it. It will take longer than expected though.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back