Amp8-EX Fan-Edition Preorder by Ibasso
Dec 30, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #436 of 704
Thank you. I would like to be here more often but there is much to do and so little time. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience for those who did not get their AMP8EX but you will get it. It will take longer than expected though.
Lovely! I love Ibasso and Paul more and more !

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:43 PM Post #437 of 704
Just my two cents. You want the AMP8EX but based my experience you will likely lose both the product and the money. I wouldn't trust a shady chi-fi company(?) too much.

Could you elaborate exactly what experience you have with "chi-fi" companies? Have any company tried to cheat you in any way? You seems to have a lot of knowledge with Chinese companies.

Didn't you have a problem with an Aeon headphone/Dan Clark or do i remember wrong?

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:45 PM Post #438 of 704
Just my two cents. You want the AMP8EX but based my experience you will likely lose both the product and the money. I wouldn't trust a shady chi-fi company(?) too much.
How about you take your 2 cents back and quit throwing accusations out that are unfounded, derogatory, and downright wrong?

Most of us have received our AMP8EX and have been iBasso customers for many years because of their great product design, performance, and customer support.

Good grief Charlie Brown...

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #439 of 704
to make this even more confusing....
I contact DHL via email and they send a message indicating..

"Looking over the tracking information I can see customs have deemed the shipment has been undervalued, there please may I ask you to contact the shipper to contact us, alternative to this, do you have proof of purchase you can send to us ?"

I'm wondering if they're just looking at the primary issue because the shipping has a couple of clearance events.
Anyway I provided an invoice with the original value :wink:
They will be back in contact by tomorrow.

Dec 30, 2019 at 12:54 PM Post #440 of 704
How about you take your 2 cents back and quit throwing accusations out that are unfounded, derogatory, and downright wrong?

Most of us have received our AMP8EX and have been iBasso customers for many years because of their great product design, performance, and customer support.

Good grief Charlie Brown...

Now back to the regularly scheduled program.

I would ignore mate these guys are trolls and normally fabricate this stuff so they can kick up a storm and have some fun (their view) Hense my attempt to ignore.
Best if some mod cleans up those message as they add no value what so ever.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #441 of 704
I would ignore mate these guys are trolls and normally fabricate this stuff so they can kick up a storm and have some fun (their view) Hense my attempt to ignore.
Best if some mod cleans up those message as they add no value what so ever.

Exactly what I'm going to do. Don't even know what he's doing on here posting comments that has nothing to do with him. Pretty sure he didn't even pre-order. I'm sure this was the same person trying to imply that this could be a scam by whitigir

As far as I'm concerned the product exist and here in the country. Only a logistics issue is causing a problem. Hopefully it is just a undervalution that is holding up the delivery but this is the risk you take if you want to try to minimize the cost to yourself.

Annoying yes, angry at Ibasso? Not at all. Many years ago when I wasn't shipping full containers I had 12sqm of goods in a shared container. As it was a shared container my goods had to be unpacked and stored by freight to be cleared. HMRC decided they wanted to inspect the shipment causing it to exceed the free period by 5 days. Initially quoted 12sqm at a rate of £30 per sqm per day :angry: . Thankfully my frieght company in the far east has fairly big pull so ended up paying half.

This delay is minor in comparison.

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #442 of 704
to make this even more confusing....
I contact DHL via email and they send a message indicating..

"Looking over the tracking information I can see customs have deemed the shipment has been undervalued, there please may I ask you to contact the shipper to contact us, alternative to this, do you have proof of purchase you can send to us ?"

I'm wondering if they're just looking at the primary issue because the shipping has a couple of clearance events.
Anyway I provided an invoice with the original value :wink:
They will be back in contact by tomorrow.

Just received an email to say
"I have spoken further with our customs department and they have advised that the shipment is processeed to be returned back to the shipper. "

so looks like now they finally look at the 2nd issue. anyway @Paul - iBasso once received lets us know and guess they'll have to be reshipped :)

tbh I don't mind the delay something to look forward to in depressing January :)

Dec 30, 2019 at 3:07 PM Post #443 of 704
What are the chances that this version or a similar version of the amp8ex will be officially released by iBasso? Seems like a shame to miss out on amp that “sounds” this amazing. I love the sound of the amp8, but the improvements have me itching to hear it and possibly own it.

Dec 30, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #444 of 704
Thank you. I would like to be here more often but there is much to do and so little time. I apologize for the frustration and inconvenience for those who did not get their AMP8EX but you will get it. It will take longer than expected though.

Thank you Paul for the reassurance, I’m happy to wait a little longer so long as everything’s under control.

Sounds like those who have received their AMP8EX’s are having fun in their “Pursuit of Perfection”...can’t wait to join in :beyersmile:

Dec 31, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #445 of 704
Oh well, at least us UK participants can stop contacting DHL!

16 Returned to shipper EAST MIDLANDS - UK 12:49 1 Pieces

Dec 31, 2019 at 6:36 PM Post #446 of 704
@Paul - iBasso
Just received my amp8EX from a fellow member. Do you what’s the warranty period for the amp?
Also, can't wait to test it! Just waiting on a balanced cable.

CDC8E40E-206F-47DC-A800-69B4339BB0B1.jpeg 52A5FB60-2075-4F45-9F87-5B2F391CC298.jpeg

Dec 31, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #447 of 704
My Amp8-EX is now at 172 hours, and it sounds great! It really brings my Rai Pentas to life. The EX is punchier than the original AMP8, which I thought was a bit dull-sounding. There's good synergy between my DX220+Amp8-EX and my HE-1000SE headphones. Looking forward to relaxing on New Year's Day with some good tunes.

Jan 1, 2020 at 10:25 AM Post #449 of 704
My AMP8-EX is at 24hours of usage.
I tested it after the unboxing and it was sort of "mmmmh".
After 20 hours of burn in (without listening to it) I was very curious about the sound quality, well it was is another level. I was missing the punch of the standard AMP8, now I see that the punch is here again, more reference style, the soundstage is always wide and precise, separation is amazing, I use the Sennheiser IE800S but I feel to be in a sound camera.

When I am in a cinema, I think how funny could be to hear the audio track with my DX220, AMP8-EX and IE800S :o2smile:
The cinema experience could be into another level, I think!

@Whitigir you are a talent! I was totally sceptic about the mod... But you are more than true!
@Paul - iBasso thank you infinite times for making it happens!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back