Amp for T70p - Price = 2-400 USD
Nov 1, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #16 of 22
Also got a new pair of t70p, and am also looking for a good amp, and possibly dac later on as well. I have a fiio e6 on it's way for a small kit, but I'm thinking of e11 as well so it will be interesting to hear what you have to say.

Dec 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #18 of 22
After much back and forth I have finally ordered an amp. The JA uHA-120 is on its way!
I was initially going for the TTVJ slim, but when I learned that it has input on one end and output on the other I had to turn i down. My use of an amp is primarly when im traveling back and forth to school. Sadly the TTVJ isnt designed for that kind of use. (pocket amp).

So after much reading, mainly on this forum, I decided on the uHA-120. SQ is what im after, but size also matters. And this thing is more or less exactly like a 20 pack of cigarettes. Big enough, but not to big. Still, this amp plus ipod classic in the same pocket will probably be a little to bulky for my taste. So I have been in touch with livecables.net and gotten some prices on a custom LOD going from the left pocket to the right.

The search has taken forever, but its finally over.

Thx for all the help and info
Snurrstuk

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #19 of 22

Quote:
After much back and forth I have finally ordered an amp. The JA uHA-120 is on its way!
I was initially going for the TTVJ slim, but when I learned that it has input on one end and output on the other I had to turn i down. My use of an amp is primarly when im traveling back and forth to school. Sadly the TTVJ isnt designed for that kind of use. (pocket amp).

So after much reading, mainly on this forum, I decided on the uHA-120. SQ is what im after, but size also matters. And this thing is more or less exactly like a 20 pack of cigarettes. Big enough, but not to big. Still, this amp plus ipod classic in the same pocket will probably be a little to bulky for my taste. So I have been in touch with livecables.net and gotten some prices on a custom LOD going from the left pocket to the right.

The search has taken forever, but its finally over.

Thx for all the help and info
Snurrstuk

Enjoy your new purchase, and don't concern yourself as to whether or not you bought the "perfect" amp. Even if you did, I have no doubt that you, like myself and everyone else around here, will want to experiment and try different gear. That is a big part of the enjoyment. And the expense!
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 1, 2011 at 8:09 PM Post #20 of 22
P51 mustang. It can power quite a bit more than just iems. Probably one of the smallest and most powerful amps.

Dec 4, 2011 at 1:32 AM Post #21 of 22
If you have that much to spend, Leckerton's got good amps. I plan on getting the T70p with the UHA-6S. The Leckerton amps seem to have a very slight curve higher on the bass and slightly lower on the treble, which seems right for these phones. Also you can play with the op amps on the 6 or 6S and tune the sound a bit.

Dec 4, 2011 at 4:59 PM Post #22 of 22
The leckerton seems nice I guess. But it is a little bigger than the uHA-120 and it also has two built in DACs which I dont need at all. I know almost nothing about circuitry boards, but I believe this; the more stuff you pack into one package it will surely be at the expense of something. So what kind of quality dac can you get from such a small package which is also an amp? I dont need dac because im going to use the uHA-120 together with an Ipod. The uHA-120 seems to me like a no-******** AMP. It just amplifies the signal it gets and after what I can read it does that quite well.

If im going to listen from my computer I already have two good dacs (dacmagic and H10). So quality is insured one way or the other. And this has bothered me a bit. Why do they stuff in DACs into all the different portabel amps out there? Hmm, what I should be asking is and please list examples(i may end up buying :D ) what portabel mp3(preferable lossless) player out there can send the signal digitally without being prossessed by a dac?

There is a lot of dac-only devices on the market in all priceclasses so why should the amp makers go out of their way to squeeze a dac into an already tiny compartment? Is it just so they can have a long list of specs they can show of to the random customer? I think they should worry about amplification. Make it as good as possible without any compromise.

In the end, for me, the choice was between the corda 2stepdance and uHA-120. They offer no more than amplification, its a all the manufactor was interested in and that resonates with my view. I chose the uHA-120 because it is a little smaller than the 2stepdance and battery supposedly is very good. Havent found a comparison between the SQ of these two lovely amps, but both are surely good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back