Amp for Sennheiser HD650
Aug 29, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #16 of 25
For the HD650 I would save up for an HDP or get the Asgard.

Aug 30, 2010 at 2:16 PM Post #19 of 25
So it sounds like I really should be deciding between the NuForce Icon Amp/ DAC and the Audinst HUD-MX1 Amp/ DAC, which I would eventually want to add a dedicated amplifier. Is one more preferable with the HD650 in regards to classical music and soundtracks or are they both pretty similar?

Aug 30, 2010 at 4:05 PM Post #20 of 25
I've got an Audinst and HD650's. They seem to work fine together.
I picked the Audinst because you can swap out the opamp and the overall choice in components installed seemed to be quite competent for the price.

Of course, I do not use the Audinst much anymore now that I've gone to a vinyl/tube headphone rig...

Aug 30, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #21 of 25
Are the Audinsts only available on eBay? How quick are they to ship?

Aug 30, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #23 of 25
And you'd say it was a quality purchase I take it? I think that's the path I'm going to take... I've read other reviews and they said that the Audinst was a good, quality buy, especially for the price.

Sep 1, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #25 of 25
i got a different question. i own the audinst now and im wondering what headphones to get to pair with it. considering stuff like hd650 because i got a great deal with it together with blue dragon cables. other choices would be the denon d2k or 5k with markl mod, the beyer 990 or anything else for that matters, im open to suggestions. i might be getting a dedicated amp for it, but provably not anytime soon.

hope im not hogging your thread here. in any case, im using my audinst with my 2.1s now. and im liking what im hearing. it sounds alot clearer and bass is punchier. its my first set of dac anyway, so i dont know what to expect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back