AMP/DAC for my DT250s
Jun 23, 2012 at 4:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

vvgyu

New Head-Fier
Got some Beyerdynamic DT250s 1 month ago and now I'm looking to buy a DAC and AMP. I've my eye on the E10 but I'm not sure if it's enoguh or if it's worth it to splurge on an E7+E9 combo or an E17.
Just looking for some advice.

EDIT: Should mention they are the 80ohm model

Jun 23, 2012 at 6:53 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to Head - Fi.  Cant really comment on what amp pairs well, however will say that the DT-250 is a fairly dark hp that may require a brighter sounding dac / amp.

Its a very efficient headphone also especially @ 80 ohm.

Jun 24, 2012 at 1:49 AM Post #3 of 7
Quote:
Got some Beyerdynamic DT250s 1 month ago and now I'm looking to buy a DAC and AMP. I've my eye on the E10 but I'm not sure if it's enough or if it's worth it to splurge on an E7+E9 combo or an E17.
Just looking for some advice.
EDIT: Should mention they are the 80ohm model

What source(s) are you going to be plugging into the DAC/Amp into?

Jun 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:
My desktop computer.

I'm assuming your using on-board sound.
Asus Xonar DG or DGX, sound cards ($30-$40), should proved better audio quality then on-board.
The DG(X) can drive headphones up to 150-Ohms.

You can always get the Fiio E11 ($65) portable headphone amplifier and plug it into the Xonar sound card.
(Would you have use of a portable amp?)

Jun 24, 2012 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:
Asus Xonar DG or DGX, sound cards ($30-$40), should proved better audio quality then on-board.
The DG(X) can drive headphones up to 150-Ohms.

You can always get the Fiio E11 ($65) portable headphone amplifier and plug it into the Xonar sound card.
(Would you have use of a portable amp?)

Would that be better than an E10? 
Don't really have use for a portable amp. For portable I have my SE215s and a 2nd gen iPod touch and I don't think I need anymore when it comes to portable. I'm just looking for at-home use.

Jun 24, 2012 at 8:45 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:
Would that be better than an E10? 
Don't really have use for a portable amp. For portable I have my SE215s and a 2nd gen iPod touch and I don't think I need anymore when it comes to portable. I'm just looking for at-home use.

I'm guessing the Xonar & E10 are somewhat equal with the DAC (I'll double check later).
The Xonar adds surround sound (Dolby Virtual Headphone 5.1) for movies and some games
The E11 is a slightly better amp. then the E10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back