AMP/DAC for Beyer DT990 600
Sep 25, 2011 at 2:51 PM Post #16 of 21
IMO the E9 can't power them all that well. It's powers them no better than the Asus soundcards. Well maybe that's too harsh but it really isn't that good of an amp for them.

Sep 25, 2011 at 8:21 PM Post #17 of 21
If you like DIY projects you could go the Bottlehead Crack route. Mine arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to hear it's synergy with my 880/600.

Sep 27, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #18 of 21

Quote:
If you like DIY projects you could go the Bottlehead Crack route. Mine arrives tomorrow and I can't wait to hear it's synergy with my 880/600.

My Crack kit arrived last Friday.  Also bought it for my 880/600's.  

So far, I painted the aluminum plate, assembled the wood base, and read the instructions once.  I already bought some tubes for it as well, but first things first - there's plenty of soldering to do, which is scary when you haven't done this kind of thing before.  But still looking forward to it.

Sep 27, 2011 at 9:07 AM Post #20 of 21
Went from using the asus essence stx to matrix m-stage and now finally to audiotailor. Matrix m-stage fits your price point and can definitely power the DT990 600ohm versions with ease.

Sep 28, 2011 at 10:30 AM Post #21 of 21
That's a lot of suggestions... thanks, I'll dig a little into reviews and figure something out.

But, unfortunately.. the combo won't power DT's. I've had a chance to listen them just before ordering it and... wow, didn't expect that.
I don't know how to describe, but let's say that my crappy 30$ cans are 2/10 and DT's are like 4/10.
I A/B them and found them quite similar but with more bass and unpleasant higs, not to mention that they were distorting on bass heavy songs (on high SPL's, but hey).. they were amped with xiang sheng dac-01a. Meh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back