Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Jul 18, 2020 at 9:47 PM Post #601 of 950
Not going to comment on the Members' Lounge thing because your guess is as good as mine as to why it was suddenly moved after trucking along pretty fine for a year (oh hey, this thread has been going for a year now). But you can probably guess how I feel about it.

argh....the hunt for the ultimate endgame single DD continues....

hoping you get ur hands on the EAH-TZ700
Unlikely considering the relative obscurity (in IEMs at least) and lack of availability of the brand in question. Doesn't mean I won't keep an eye out though.

If possible i'd like to know what you think about accoustune latest release. I am also looking for a good DD to complement my EX1000
I did listen briefly to the 16X7 Acoustunes while I was also tackling the Luna. They all sound similar-ish and don't really sound like traditional 16 series Acoustunes tonally, but have a lot of the hallmarks that Acoustunes generally have (V-shaped, some form of metallic timbre, sucked lower mids). The one I would probably give the nod to is the 1657. Wasn't particularly fond of the other two.

JVC HA FW1800 on drop' same driver as FW10000 might be interesting
Hm, wasn't aware this was a thing. I know they released a FW1500 last year but I don't think I ever went looking for it specifically. JVC woodies do tend to be a mixed bag though so I'd approach it more with apprehension than anything

Jul 19, 2020 at 4:40 AM Post #602 of 950
JVC HA FW1800 on drop' same driver as FW10000 might be interesting

(DF-compensated) JVC FW1500/1800 = blue, JVC FDX1 reference filter = green, Dunu Luna = red
gVUvy37.jpg

The FW1500/1800's driver is damn good, but the stock tuning is quite bassy / warm / lush with a distinct upper mids / lower treble bump.

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:21 AM Post #603 of 950
Not going to comment on the Members' Lounge thing because your guess is as good as mine as to why it was suddenly moved after trucking along pretty fine for a year (oh hey, this thread has been going for a year now). But you can probably guess how I feel about it.
You have taken a step too far, things started to go south as soon as you gave a certain new release from a certain brand half the score of the MH755.
You should have known better buddy, in the end ain't nobody to blame here but you.

Attachments

• ujmzbz3k5ir41.png
    ujmzbz3k5ir41.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 19, 2020 at 8:39 AM Post #604 of 950
21F32F86-A5EC-442C-BC49-F4E8D5D97ED9.jpeg

This thread should be on the front page. It’s the only thread with no sales talk. It’s a sad world when real truth gets oppressed. :)

But.....we know what dollars keep the lights on.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #605 of 950
I think it's either naive or disingenuous to believe that just because someone does not earn their living from Head-Fi related stuff, that they have NO AGENDA.

I also think that sane adults know 'sales talk' when they see it, and can properly interpret it as such. Additionally, if 'the lights were not on", people would have nowhere to post their thoughtsn many of which seem to me to stoop to the level of showing up at someone's place of employment and announcing loudly how much that person sucks at their job.

Then again, I might just be Hilary's adopted alien offspring all growed up.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 11:10 PM Post #606 of 950
I believe honesty is his agenda? If his opinion ruffles feathers, well it’s simply his honest opinion. Head-Fi is full of each members honest opinion......then there is advertising. It’s fairly simple and clear cut, yet hard to delineate. Not saying sales talk is bad. I have to disagree with you...... audiophiles are the most susceptible to any of the sales talk, as they want to believe.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 11:22 PM Post #607 of 950
I did not mean either you or Aminus, just a general comment, for what that's worth. I have met many Head-Fi-ers and found them to be kind, thoughtful, sincere and generous. Just seems to me that a Hype Train can simultaneously transport lots of members of various Cults of Personality.

It can even be a fun ride, in spite of the price(s) of the fare(s)

Jul 20, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #608 of 950
I did not mean either you or Aminus, just a general comment, for what that's worth. I have met many Head-Fi-ers and found them to be kind, thoughtful, sincere and generous. Just seems to me that a Hype Train can simultaneously transport lots of members of various Cults of Personality.

It can even be a fun ride, in spite of the price(s) of the fare(s)

Well the cult of personality thing, is either stronger or weaker (depending on the personalities involved) lol.

It’s also based on how much respect and power we as readers give the individual regarding this enigma of sound reproduction; and their ability to ascertain “truth” and report back the findings. Obviously the ability to write makes a big influence.

I think it's either naive or disingenuous to believe that just because someone does not earn their living from Head-Fi related stuff, that they have NO AGENDA.

I also think that sane adults know 'sales talk' when they see it, and can properly interpret it as such. Additionally, if 'the lights were not on", people would have nowhere to post their thoughtsn many of which seem to me to stoop to the level of showing up at someone's place of employment and announcing loudly how much that person sucks at their job.ee

Then again, I might just be Hilary's adopted alien offspring all growed up.

However you want to make a stance, your above post is a response to various concepts you believe. It of course does not have to be directed at any one person to validate the existence of these concepts.

Why this thread was moved is a direct message and a statement about Head-Fi as actions are louder than words; louder than my words, or yours concerning this thread.

I’ll simply leave the above statement for what it’s worth.

Yet personality I have found this thread to be entertaining and possibly correct as one persons full opinion. The true danger is how fickle and persuasive written words can be to grown men who are secondarily audiophiles. And yes, one bad apple does spoil the barrel.

Jul 21, 2020 at 1:35 AM Post #609 of 950
Pretty sad about the movement of the thread, which reminds me of the recent NBA/China situation. Freedom of speech is okay, until it affects the bottom line. Head-Fi, like the NBA, is a business with the goal of maximizing revenue and censorship is within their rights if they believe it’s in their best self-interest. I hope it was moved for some other reason though, because the optics aren’t good.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2020 at 7:38 PM Post #611 of 950
Glad this thread is back were it belongs. :)

Jul 21, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #612 of 950
Nice breath of fresh air vs. those reviews w/ 10 pros and 1 con.

Jul 21, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #613 of 950
Yeah I like this Animagus guy, he ain't bad (read: I like).

One thing is for sure, he ain't no mascot/ cheerleader with locker room experience. Haha.

Watch him pull off another one...😅

Jul 23, 2020 at 3:33 AM Post #615 of 950
A.L.M !

Jokes aside.

@aminus If you have to choose between The Blessing 2 or the HS1657 which one would you personally take, regardless of pricing.
Probably the Blessing 2. 1657 isn’t bad or anything, but a): I’ve never been head over heels regarding the Acoustune house sound and b): the mids on it definitely push into too lean for my taste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back