Aminus hates everything (Or, Aminus rants and reviews stuff)
Feb 3, 2020 at 5:07 PM Post #436 of 950
Most ridiculous review in history.

Fourté Noir is an absolute masterpiece. You like or you don't but do not say bulls*it. Just seriously. There is nothing like this in the market. This tuning is just truly incredible and anyone who can, should listen to it once. Just legendary.
you should know that getting above a 2/10 from aminus is certified legendary

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #437 of 950

Fourté Noir is an absolute masterpiece. You like or you don't but do not say bulls*it. Just seriously. There is nothing like this in the market. This tuning is just truly incredible and anyone who can, should listen to it once. Just legendary.
I own the Fourte Noir and still hold that it’s alright at most lol. The original Fourte sounds a lot better, been meaning to trade mine eventually
The treble and upper mids on the Noir are pretty messed up if you ask me

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:17 PM Post #438 of 950

Fourté Noir is an absolute masterpiece. You like or you don't but do not say bull. Just seriously. There is nothing like this in the market. This tuning is just truly incredible and anyone who can should listen to it.
I own the Fourte Noir and still hold that it’s alright at most lol. The original Fourte sounds a lot better, been meaning to trade mine eventually
The treble and upper mids on the Noir are pretty messed up if you ask me

Bro you are a treble head. Sorry but... Just say it each time you tell something about what you find good and not. Treble head is very very very unusually unusual.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #439 of 950
Bro you are a treble head. Sorry but... Just say it each time you tell something about what you find good and not. Treble head is very very very unusually unusual.
I’m not just talking about treble quantity here, the treble quality on the Noir is pretty awful no matter how you look at it. I am fine with darker IEMs that are able to execute treble well (VE8 for example), or any treble that’s once again done well - the Elysium, the Fourte, the A18t or the fir M5 as easy example

If I am to define myself, it’s the midrange that is usually the deciding factor, and the noir does well there, so I’ve kept it this long. Bass is decent as well, but the highs are just wrong

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:20 PM Post #440 of 950

I listened to it once and I have to say, it wasn't that difficult for me to hold back the orgasm.

An absolute masterpiece it is not. Glad you like it though. For $4k, you should get some satisfaction out of it.

Feb 3, 2020 at 5:55 PM Post #442 of 950

A little funny how you managed to veer straight from a half-hearted “you like it or you don’t” right into the classic “stop disliking what I like”. Personal opinions are tough to deal with, I know.

Feb 3, 2020 at 8:39 PM Post #443 of 950
I don't know why I'm still so annoyed by such irrationality. Not like it's lacking anywhere online.

I mean, I have a set of Andromedas, and Tia Trios. I think aminus's review of the Trio is spot on. I disagree almost entirely with their Andromeda review. But oh no, surely that means one of us is wrooong, oooo can't be wrong on the internet!

Or it could be that we perceive mid and high frequencies differently (since, you know, everyone does, especially with IEMs), and that even if I too like a good DD or hybrid IEM, I clearly care a lot less about 'BA bass'. No big deal. I can re-calibrate and still find these reviews helpful. What I can't find helpful in the slightest is "xx is an absolute masterpiece", "There is nothing like this in the market" (lol), "this tuning is just truly incredible".

Feb 4, 2020 at 1:12 AM Post #445 of 950
@aminus Just drop the Moondrop S8 bomb already, mate.
I was waiting on the Blessing 2 to show up locally before evaluating both since the Moondrop showroom is in the middle of nowhere, but at this rate I may as well just deal with the S8 first. Both are real good though, and I’m feeling like they might make the recommendation list on price/performance alone.

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:41 AM Post #447 of 950
@mvvRAZ Do you ever listen to the N8? If you have the time I'm curious. What do you think about the n8?
I'll give it a listen next time I get the chance to. That being said, I don't automatically dislike anything that's warm, as long as they haven't messed up any specific frequency

For example, I like the Legend X, I felt the Valkyrie was pretty alright as well (even though it's a pretty pronounced V), the VE8, the VE4.2 as well as a bunch of other warm IEMs. Hell, I even got a Sony Z1R as per the recommendation of a friend I rather trust

Feb 4, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #448 of 950
@aminus, to add to my previous request of the Noble M3, this time something a bit weirder

Could you review the Sony WM1Z? I know you haven't really done DAP reviews, but I'm just curious how you feel it stacks up against other TOTL DAPs - I just got one and it works extremely well with my gear (it's pretty warm but most of my stuff are pretty bright so they balance well)

Thanks dude

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:12 AM Post #449 of 950
@aminus, to add to my previous request of the Noble M3, this time something a bit weirder

Could you review the Sony WM1Z? I know you haven't really done DAP reviews, but I'm just curious how you feel it stacks up against other TOTL DAPs - I just got one and it works extremely well with my gear (it's pretty warm but most of my stuff are pretty bright so they balance well)

Thanks dude
I intend to begin reviewing DAPs when my Hidition Viento comes back from reshelling. I want to refrain from using my Z1R and A12t for this purpose; the Z1R because I find it source (and cable) insensitive, and the A12t because it’s fairly synergy dependent. The Viento is much less of either, and would be ideal for this. Expect this to start sometime in March at the earliest. I may also start doing cable reviews as well, though I feel like that'd be a little more controversial and difficult to accomplish.

Feb 4, 2020 at 8:17 AM Post #450 of 950
I intend to begin reviewing DAPs when my Hidition Viento comes back from reshelling. I want to refrain from using my Z1R and A12t for this purpose; the Z1R because I find it source (and cable) insensitive, and the A12t because it’s fairly synergy dependent. The Viento is much less of either, and would be ideal for this. Expect this to start sometime in March at the earliest. I may also start doing cable reviews as well, though I feel like that'd be a little more controversial and difficult to accomplish.
Gotcha thank you

I also have a similar experience with my A18t, and generally 64 IEMs - changing the source results in an almost entirely different sound - my A18t went from too bright and sibilant on the SP1000M, to slightly too warm on my WM1Z haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back