Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11
Dec 12, 2019 at 5:14 PM Post #64 of 102
Thanks for the response. I installed 2 more times and started playing a file. It took a few min but began playing. It is slow loading from DL files but it is working without jumping through hoops. I am kinda happy now.

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:29 PM Post #65 of 102
There is also new firmware (1.0.1) for M11 Pro. The problem is not completely solved. Quite often when I start playing Amazon Music the player does not produce any sound, restarting player or switching between songs may help but I couldn't find a realiable workaound. Freeze and crash are not fixed, this also happens often. Another way to say, Amazon Music is still not usable.

Dec 13, 2019 at 2:39 PM Post #66 of 102
Just found a workaround how to fix sound, you need to minimize Amazon Music player (turn off screen) and start playing music from Android lock screen.
However, freeze/crash happens always after playing music for few minutes, looks like they have some memory leak.

Dec 22, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #71 of 102
Kickstart with HiBy HiRes song. Close HiBy.
Did you mean HiBy or FiiO player? I thought we were still discussing FiiO M11.

Btw, still no software/firmware update for the remaining issues. Will send mine back to amazon if not resolved by the end of the month, otherwise may end stuck with buggy player since FiiO may take half a year to fix the problems or may not fix them at all. They are about to release M15 and M15 Pro and already mentioned that it will be using the same CPU. This will be a grave mistake because of the average performance (Ultra HD song takes a couple of seconds to load) and most importantly not upgradable Android 7.

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #73 of 102
So... I found new apps in the Fiio Store. Including APK Pure Store.

I updated my Amazon Music through the APK Pure app store and it finally runs Amazon Music HD without any issues! Its just a bit annoying to go through the music and update it to HD/UHD manually.

I did this alot by downloading from APK pure website and it failed everytime. So i took alot of time to consider updating and downloading everything again. But it was worth it. You should try this too:wink:.

I also changed my micro sd from Samsung Evo plus 32gb U1 to a 128gb evo plus U3 card. Judt took a copy and wrote it onto the new card. But i dont think that this was what made it possible.

Dec 30, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #74 of 102
Lets see if the the new FiiO M15 can run Qobuz and Amazon music without problems.

If it does - I might get one...

Jan 2, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #75 of 102
Lets see if the the new FiiO M15 can run Qobuz and Amazon music without problems.

If it does - I might get one...

There is no difference in terms of software because it has the same CPU Exynos 7872 and Android 7 and does not support Android 8 or 9.
The discussion about it is here https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fii...4-gb-rom-1299-99.920276/page-15#post-15388540

The main difference is the flagship DAC AK4499 and more powerful amp. I am not sure if it is worth to pay $1350 for that, only if they have put better CPU and upgrade to newer Android that will support all apps without backward compatibility issues.
https://fiio.com/M15
https://fiio.com/m15_parameters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back