Amazon Music and Qobuz problems on the FiiO M11
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #76 of 102
Thanks for the clarification.

Hmmmm....

My Hiby R6 Pro runs on Android Oreo 8.1

And THAT can't run Qobuz well enough

So I am left with using it with Tidal on Hiby

So if Tidal works on M15 OK I might want to run Tidal on M15 for lighter weight, bigger screen and more up to date components?

Or stick on Hiby.

I will probably stick.

I have Audible and PocketCast working on the Hiby.

Will wait for Hiby R8 or Sony to make its hi-res streaming service available worldwide and not just Asia. (Then might buy a Sony DAP.)

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2020 at 1:38 PM Post #77 of 102
If you are ready to pay $1300 and looking for a slightly better sound that makes sense.
However, for me such amount would be an investment for 3-4 years. There is M11 Pro for half of this price which also has quite capable DAC AK4497, may be just lacks AMP power. And what I see is that Exynos 7872 and Android 7 may be a problem in the future. Amazon music already has problems with Android 7. In 2 years other companies may discontinue old Android support. Since I use streaming services and don't want to spend money and time for buying and collecting music that I listen, I need long term support for music streaming apps. Amazon is acting aggressively with all their services and I have no doubt that it will be leading music provider soon. So for me it is crucial to have Amazon Music support for 3-4 years without any problem, which is already not the case with M11, M11 Pro and M15.

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #78 of 102
Yeah for the sheer size and tech power of Amazon I feel I am now placed in a holding pattern. Namely, waiting for the best Amazon Music delivery DAP (or phone?) to emerge.

Perhaps the holding pattern will last until Apple gets hi-res together?

Would be nice to have it all in one device.

Jan 3, 2020 at 5:01 AM Post #79 of 102
Guess no one tried what i wrote? Because it works for me pretty well and i never had problems since then with Amazon Music HD.

@Pro-Jules Amazon is really agressive. Even the full HD/UHD/3D sound service as a small 5€ upgrade even in the family plan is destroying the other services. Tidal still doesnt allowes you to include other music. While Amazon Music already had the biggest library. Yandex Music is the only one with the size of Quobuz and Tidal that is cheaper too. Or free with VPN...

Thats the reason why i wanted Amazon Music on my Hi-Res Player. Including music that i had to buy or download (legaly) from somewhere else. The FIIO M9 had some problems when Amazon Music wanted to sync the library. But for the price of 160€ (4 month old used one) it was ok to wait 30 seconds about 3-4 times in a period of 8 hours playback.
It still got me to upgrade to the M11 for different reasons. And Amazon Music HD finally works on it. The only downside is that Amazon still didnt include the 18+ option for explicit music. They told me that they work on a pin system and are ready to include it in the "next" update, wich is now 3 to 4 updates ago, because more people complained that you cant lock explicit content.

Jan 4, 2020 at 1:59 PM Post #80 of 102
It took me 3 clean installs but the player is working with Amazon Music with both downloaded and online music. I also picked up the fastest cards that I could find for storage. Knock on wood that the issue is fixed. Good luck everyone.

Jan 5, 2020 at 2:21 PM Post #81 of 102
Hiby R6 Pro works better IMHO.

Jan 5, 2020 at 2:39 PM Post #82 of 102
I didnt use spotify since years. 10€ per month was to much for me back then. I also like some.pretty specific music and Amazon is the only one that has their albums. Thats the only reason why Amazon Music is important for me.

My AVR (Denon x2300w) has a spotify integration... But if its just a minor difference then i stick with Amazon.

@Pro-Jules
Fiio was my choice because i red lots of good stuff about them and the price for used ones was good. This was the first forum where the hiby was meantioned.

Im happy with the M11 and more statisfied than with the M9. But if it breaks down and is in need of replacement. Then i will look for Hiby too.
Just a bit hard to find good hifi stores without traveling 600km here. So i wasnt able to test different devices or to compare them :).

Edit: Ok... I dont like the design of the Hiby R6 Pro. And for 200€ more it should be better than the FIIO M11. But newer Android version is a plus. And if it also sounds better... (Functionality before design) But i guess i lack the aduio equipment to fully use the potential of the Hiby R6 pro anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 12, 2020 at 9:37 PM Post #84 of 102
The truth is that FiiO is not playing Amazon Music or crushing and this player so far is crap. Anyone can purchase M11Pro and very that.
In fact, FiiO stopped selling it on US Amazon due to the big number of returns. So spam ahead jokers and get your returns of this useless player.

Thanks for the MOD to remove your lies. Strange that your Account is also from 7 Dec 2019 and all your posts are only in this thread:wink:. VPN? Its true... I dont live in Pirna. Country is still Germany. And i wrote alot so you can identify me:wink:. Or do i always connect from China to German servers and write in German just for fun? Traveling alot to work in Germany too. And dont forget the plastic surgery that i and my whole Family did so we look like common Germans^^.
Enough off topic...

The truth is that the FIIO M9 and M11 play amazon music. The M11 even works with Amazon Music HD. (Before it worked i just used the High Res bluetooth function to connect my Samsung Note 10 with Amazon HD to it. Since they dont like to comunicate via USB.)

There are some people who say the M11 pro has some software issues. Just like the ID.3 (Apple) So why didnt you return the M11 Pro and bought the 200€ less but working M11?
Or simply another player if you dont like FIIO?

I can only offer to install the APK Pure store variant for you and sending your M11 PRO back to you.

Jan 14, 2020 at 5:03 PM Post #85 of 102
What seems quite important with the M11 is that you make sure headphone out is selected if something does not work. You can later switch back to digital out but not straight away.

Jan 15, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #86 of 102
Is Amazon Music working on the M11 with anyone? And what did you do to make that happen?

In my case, after installing and opening the app I very briefly see the log in screen before it is replaced by the message that my Chrome is not up to date, though I have the latest version.

So: no Amazon Music. Is this true? Or am I an exception? Is the app working with any of you on the M11?

I have no Tidal either (it keeps showing the revolving circle, clearly looking for something it can't find). But Spotify and Qobuz both work.

It shouldn't be such a hassle to have music apps running on a music player...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #87 of 102
Is Amazon Music working on the M11 with anyone? And what did you do to make that happen?

In my case, after installing and opening the app I very briefly see the log in screen before it is replaced by the message that my Chrome is not up to date, though I have the latest version.

Use the APKPure for installation

Feb 28, 2020 at 12:48 AM Post #88 of 102
Just a short update on the Qobuz situation on the M11.
A persistent problem is, that when I import an album for listening offline, the last track would stop while importing and the whole Qobuz becomes frozen.
Now after I restart Qobuz it would not start right away. So I tip on the icon and shortly changes its background, but that is all. If I open the „Taskmanager“ on der FiiO M11 the Qobuz window is shown as it would be a running app. But also clicking on this does not do the trick. The only thing which works to let it sit there for around 10 minutes. If I now try to restart the app it does.
I tried to restart the Fiio M11 but this does not help.
Why I am saying it is a FiiO M11 problem? I have Qobuz running on my iPhone and on my Samsung Android smartphone, and Qobuz works there flawlessly. So it seems it is the FiiO M11 environment which makes it hard for Qobuz to run properly.
I really wish @FiiO would consider this and keep working on their operating system. Especially since Qobuz even recommended the M11 for listening to Qobuz.
I will contact both companies. But I have to admit I get very tiered constantly playing the beta tester.

Feb 28, 2020 at 2:43 AM Post #89 of 102
@Richter Di

it’s not Fiio’s fault.

The Hiby does this too.

I gave up Qobuz because I was sick of waiting 20 mins for it to start every time.

the qobuz app doesn’t work well enough with old Android versions.

abandon it.

Use amazon Music HD

it’s cheaper anyway.

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:36 AM Post #90 of 102
Just bought the M11pro. Disappointed is an understatement. Spent extra on the stainless steal. Great sound but major issues with my two favorite services. Qobuz and Amazon. I have rebooted, factory reset
Uninstalled the two apps. Tried using APK versions. Freezing, no sound on both apps.
800 dollars for a half baked unit? Cmon fiio
Never should they release a top tier unit
With all these software glitches.
I really like the sound but I’m ready to return it. Buggy is an understatement.

hello Astel and Kern!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back